Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

9 minutes ago, ApocalypseTexas said:

How the hell could Cook possibly drop guy has been tearing it up or am I missing something 

People sometimes move for the sake of creating conversations, but I think it is a shit move to take away a 5th star this late in the process for no real reason. 

29 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Rivals updated today.  Vasek and Niblett got huge bumps as well.  Cook dropped a few spots and is no longer a composite 5*.  Gullette dropped a bit as well.

20 minutes ago, ApocalypseTexas said:

How the hell could Cook possibly drop guy has been tearing it up or am I missing something 

11 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

People sometimes move for the sake of creating conversations, but I think it is a shit move to take away a 5th star this late in the process for no real reason. 

Cook was a composite 5-star despite the fact that none of the individual big 4 national recruiting sites had him as a 5-star. So I'm guessing he lost his composite 5-star because Rivals dropped him in their new rankings. It wasn't individually taken away from him.

5 hours ago, Professor Chesney said:

I am continually floored by how good Kyle Flood is at his job and what a stark contrast he has been from the past 16 years of Texas offensive line coaches.  How often have we seen Texas identify a prospect before TCU or Baylor?  Noting the normal caveats that he still hasn’t hit campus yet and careers are unpredictable, Cojoe is looking like another positive data point.

One of the reasons that he is still committed here despite our heavy depth chart is that Flood has always recruited him the hardest, especially early in the year when no one else wanted him.  Holgorsen and his staff didn’t think he could ever see the field.  Baylor and TCU weren’t pushing, and either SMU or tech was probably the runner up when he commuted to Texas.  Now, all of these schools are trying to sneak back in but hopefully it is too late.

Let’s not start sucking each other’s dicks just yet. He won a high school district MVP, not the Outland trophy. 

22 minutes ago, satyanash said:

We have the nation's #1 QB and the nation's #1 RB recruit in our class, and may soon add the nation's #1 LB. Pretty crazy to think about

Crazier that you're pointing it out 😀 😀 😀 .

• Haha 5

14 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

https://247sports.com/player/kamorreun-pimpton-46130497/

Kid using ‘ebullient’ in his tweet / you know he’s ready to play school and football. 

2 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

"astounding conversation"?

1311222841_ScreenShot2022-12-07at21_16_53.png.4c0d0f394ec2161db16b132f2b55fd61.png

Are you astonished Pimp knows how to correctly employ the word "astounding"?

Edited by MuellerHorn

1 hour ago, TheMailBox357 said:

According to TFloss, IT is reporting that Texas is dong in-home with USC WR commit Ja'Kobi Lane. Gerry Hamilton says their remains a "quiet confidence" that they can flip him, and they're all-in on doing so. Texas hasn't set up any home visits with Kyle Parker or Jaden Greathouse.

Go get Greathouse…I’m not kidding.