Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

17 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

https://247sports.com/player/kamorreun-pimpton-46130497/

Kid using ‘ebullient’ in his tweet / you know he’s ready to play school and football. 

8 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Almost 1,000 yards receiving this year.

Wow, That's elite AF for a TE! I'm surprised to see that he's still committed to Vanderbilt. Was he specifically waiting for the UT offer?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

I just wanted to reiterate how much I love this offer. I see that some people are saying he has consistency issues with his hands but from watching his film, he clearly has the talent and makes some amazing grabs. That's something I definitely feel like coaching can fix. 

Then again, I also thought Barrett Matthews was going to be great so maybe don't listen to me. 

Astounding and ebullient are better than intercourse with Gray.

And great job by whomever put together the Pimpton highlights in the previous post. Sure, most of the clips aren’t of him, but he did pop up a few times.

(I know he’s being recruited as a TE, and the congratulatory tweet for being named co-MVP a calls him a tight end, but on clip reels that actually show #2 in action, he seems to be split out quite a bit, so it seems he’s probably a hybrid TE/WR who’ll obviously need to gain weight/strength to compete inside in college... like just about everyone. I still have Malcom Epps PTSD, so let’s hope he makes it work for him.)

Edited by Vito Andolini

9 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Me, 1 second into watching this video: "oh great, how am I supposed to tell which guy he is if the video doesn't highlight him?"

Me, 3 seconds into watching this video: "never mind, he's the fucking huge athletic guy who is instantly recognizable on every play"

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, TXRed said:

He also started to hedge on Hill in the same video. 

Hill, or any other top tier recruit, that picks aggy is either getting the big bag of cash, or not thinking clearly about what's best for them. They are a shitshow both on the field and in the locker room. Just look at how many from their top class from last year are already bailing via the portal. I guess it's get paid next year, and then figure it out from there. 

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

Hill, or any other top tier recruit, that picks aggy is either getting the big bag of cash, or not thinking clearly about what's best for them. They are a shitshow both on the field and in the locker room. Just look at how many from their top class from last year are already bailing via the portal. I guess it's get paid next year, and then figure it out from there. 

It can be (and is) both. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1

In Justin Wells (IT) latest update he says that Texas is unlikely to get Jaden Greathouse, has slowed their pursuit of Kyle Parker, and while Ja'Kobi Lane is their top choice he is unlikely.  

Texas likely going to grab the St. John Bosco WR Deandre Moore and look to the portal.

https://247sports.com/player/deandre-moore-jr-46084735/

https://www.hudl.com/profile/13235909/Deandre-Moore

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

In Justin Wells (IT) latest update he says that Texas is unlikely to get Jaden Greathouse, has slowed their pursuit of Kyle Parker, and while Ja'Kobi Lane is their top choice he is unlikely.  

Texas likely going to grab the St. John Bosco WR Deandre Moore and look to the portal.

https://247sports.com/player/deandre-moore-jr-46084735/

https://www.hudl.com/profile/13235909/Deandre-Moore

Super interesting since Lane seems to be a little more interested than many realize. 

4 minutes ago, Strat said:

X, Neyor, Cook, DeAndre, 1 portal. Whittington if he comes back. Thats a pretty healthy WR room. Lane would stack it even more.

Seems like a good sign no one leaves if we are slowing pursuit.

Hoping to see us feed Brenen Thompson and Savion Red a lot in the bowl game. Think these players could be key contributors for us next year if they continually develop. This bowl game is the perfect opportunity to build their confidence. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1