Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

7 hours ago, Getafix said:

******************************Ford has indicated to coaches he thinks he’ll probably return. But Ford, who has not benefited much — if at all — from NIL income, has met with some agents and hasn’t made anything official at this point. (The agents are also pitching helping him get some NIL deals, if he stays, the source said.)

For fucks sake there's got to be a Ford dealership in the area to get this man an F250 and an NIL deal

• Hook 'Em 8

Four-star ATH Jelani McDonald sets official visit to Texas

Mike Roach

Spoiler

Four-star ATH Jelani McDonald sets official visit to Texas

Mike Roach

Official visits will start back up for the Longhorns this month, and Horns247 confirmed a big name will be back in Austin on December 17.

Four-star Waco Connally ATH Jelani McDonald confirmed he will take an official visit to Texas on the last weekend before the early signing period. The versatile athlete was offered by Texas during the fall and unofficially visited Austin several times during the season. McDonald committed to Oklahoma State during the summer, but he opened his recruitment shortly after being offered by the Longhorns.

McDonald was offered by Jeff Choate and is being looked at as a hybrid player capable of lining up in the secondary or at linebacker. TCU is the primary competition for McDonald, and he's set to visit Fort Worth this weekend.

McDonald has been a driving force at quarterback for the Cadets, and he also stars in basketball and track. In May of 2022, McDonald won the Texas 4A triple jump state championship with a distance of 48-2. He was also a regional qualifier in the long jump. On the hardwood, McDonald was named the Super CenTex boys basketball player of the year as a junior by the Waco Tribune-Herald. On the court, McDonald averaged 20.5 points during the playoffs and helped his team reach the regional semifinals.

At 6-foot-2, 190 pounds, McDonald is ranked as the No. 10 ATH in the nation and No. 26 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Getafix said:

Ford has indicated to coaches he thinks he’ll probably return. But Ford, who has not benefited much — if at all — from NIL income, has met with some agents and hasn’t made anything official at this point. (The agents are also pitching helping him get some NIL deals, if he stays, the source said.)

God dammit someone call one of the Coverts and tell them they’ve got a new spokesman next year for $250,000. Because his last name is Ford, like the cars. 

• Hook 'Em 6

6 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

In Justin Wells (IT) latest update he says that Texas is unlikely to get Jaden Greathouse, has slowed their pursuit of Kyle Parker, and while Ja'Kobi Lane is their top choice he is unlikely.  

Texas likely going to grab the St. John Bosco WR Deandre Moore and look to the portal.

https://247sports.com/player/deandre-moore-jr-46084735/

https://www.hudl.com/profile/13235909/Deandre-Moore

How does UTWuz feel about this? LOL.

Anyway did UT just lose interest in MHP or vice versa?

• Fuck You 1

I'm assuming he's either going to Colorado for coach Prime or Jimbo dropped him a bag. We'll find out in a couple hours I guess
aggy has been gathering the Reuben bag ever since he gave us the cold shoulder..will be interesting to see if Neon Deion can give him a pitch good enough to walk away from from quite a fat sack..

On 12/4/2022 at 2:00 AM, Napoleon said:

The Doak Walker Award is given out of Dallas, TX, not out of Chicago, IL, Detroit, MI, or Toledo, OH.

THAT is why Bijan just may win it over Corum. Go back and look at how many Doak Walker winners have come from the states of Texas and Oklahoma. 

If he doesn’t win it, then blame Sark, because geography is in his favor. 

On 12/4/2022 at 8:37 AM, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Humor Boomer GIF

Doak Walker Award: Based out of Dallas, TX and won by Texas RB Bijan Robinson

Davey O'Brien Award: Based out of Fort Worth, TX and won by TCU QB Max Duggan

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

I don't see Hill going back to aggy.  Could they throw some outrageous bag at him?  Sure, but I'm guessing they did before and he bailed.  He seems smarter than Owens and Hicks and knows what a shit show they've become.  Perroni was just saying a few days ago that Hill coming back was unlikely and Wiltfong would be changing his Texas pick if things were changing seeing as his source is Hill's dad.

• Hook 'Em 4

I don't see Hill going back to aggy.  Could they throw some outrageous bag at him?  Sure, but I'm guessing they did before and he bailed.  He seems smarter than Owens and Hicks and knows what a shit show they've become.  Perroni was just saying a few days ago that Hill coming back was unlikely and Wiltfong would be changing his Texas pick if things were changing seeing as his source is Hill's dad.

Oh they’re throwing bags…..
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I don't think Hill's dad is trying to pimp his son out.

I wonder if A&M has to pay guys like this just to come visit. That was the thought with that USC QB recruit who is a bigger deal than this guy, but now that place is a raging shit fire.

I suppose if I were an Aggie, I could say that a buddy of mine close to the program says they're paying guys $10K just to come interview. But I'm not a lying piece of shit.

• Hook 'Em 4

25 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Benton on his OV

https://247sports.com/player/justin-benton-46097408/

Wells (IT) describes him as having a 'Byron Murphy like build'.  Not as much of an athlete as Byron is but longer arms (+5 wingspan)

Somebody refresh my memory on the calculation of weight gain to wingspan loss.

Shorter DT’s with long arms are problem for OL. If he’s got hands quick enough to win inside position consistently he’s going to be a bitch to move.
  • Like 1