Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

Just now, TexEx15 said:

Assume Moore would be one who would be the other?

You're not going to hear about a McDonald signature today. But they're expecting it. Might already have it. That's part of what he's talking about for sure. Is the rest of it Moore? Mystery recruit? Anyone else that's been on the radar lately that hasn't signed? 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Oh look at that another Oregon flip.

On the realignment thread, there is a debate about the desirability of Oregon to another conference. Here you have it- they are an ambitious program from a talent-poor state that will outbid you for your recruits. Why would any other conference want them?

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

Today, I caught about 20 blue runners, 15 sardines, 1 2” snapper, 8 dorado and 2 blue marlin, so I kind of missed the fun. What did Sark catch? Did he release any?

Pimpton to LSU and Moore still unsigned is about all the bad news there is for signing day 1.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You're not going to hear about a McDonald signature today. But they're expecting it. Might already have it. That's part of what he's talking about for sure. Is the rest of it Moore? Mystery recruit? Anyone else that's been on the radar lately that hasn't signed? 

looking at unsigned offers that are at least in the top like 750 overall

• Jeremiah Cobb, RB, committed to Auburn
  • Moore at WR
  • Ja'Kobi Lane at WR (sounds like he is out though)
  • some WR named Cayden Lee from Georgia?
  • Duce Robinson
  • Walker Lyons, TE (decommitted from Stanford 11/28, assuming we are not going after any more TEs)

well, I was planning on looking at the rest of the positions but the 247 website is bugged around showing players when you expand other positions they by default hide. nice one 247. i doubt it is a QB, WR, RB or TE at this point but we knew that based on class and roster makeup anyway so that sucks. tried a few browsers

here is the link - https://247sports.com/college/texas/Season/2023-Football/Offers/

example: missing the signed checkmark below

image.png.0f019855330387cb9e0575b8f5dbee98.png

i assume this late in the game it would be flips not random commits by uncommitted players but just in case here are uncommitted players with Texas offers not discussed above:

• Ashton Porter, DL from Cy Ranch (57 in TX)
  • some random LBs  that i don't think we are going after (Leviticus Su'a from Mater Dei, #28 in California) some random guy from North Shore thats #94 in TX
  • Mikal Harrison-Pilot is still uncommitted?
  • Desmond Ricks lol #23 overall and a CB
  • Rodrick Pleasant (#86 overall, CB)
  • Tyler Scott - probably Auburn bound at this point

Nycholes Harbor is also uncommitted lol obviously not coming here though