Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Not exactly. They were fine after assessing Tyler Scott on campus with him going somewhere else if they were putting an aggressive NIL pitch in front of him. It wasn’t a crazy deal from Auburn. 

So the UT staff didn't feel Tyler Scott was a must have recruit after assessing on his OV?

• Fuck You 1

That wasnt Hill on fumble, he actually missed the tackle.  Otherwise he looks great, tipped ball in coverage. And he put a lick on thr QB right as he was throwing it on the first drive. His speed is easy to see, but also seems to always be in the right spot.

3 minutes ago, Strat said:

That wasnt Hill on fumble, he actually missed the tackle.  Otherwise he looks great, tipped ball in coverage. And he put a lick on thr QB right as he was throwing it on the first drive. His speed is easy to see, but also seems to always be in the right spot.

Is he on the grey and green or the green and green?

2 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I’m behind on the DVR, but at 2:12 in the first quarter right before the (unnecessary) Josh Downs interview, it looked like some kid on the East defense did a “make it rain” move, complete with paper money. You could see bills floating down. WTF?

Jordan Hall 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BornAndRaised said:

I'm gonna puke listening to these announcers gobble aggy on the '22 class for A&M. "Texas a&M showed their recruiting prowess centering around Name Image and Likeness."

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952l7hs5b3nti4drykgnfs

The best part is their reasoning they used as to why those players were transferring out.....what a log jam.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, BornAndRaised said:

I'm gonna puke listening to these announcers gobble aggy on the '22 class for A&M. "Texas a&M showed their recruiting prowess centering around Name Image and Likeness."

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952l7hs5b3nti4drykgnfs

The announcers really just said “A&M was a victim of their own success in ‘22. It scared off all the ‘23 ‘cruits”. 💀

Yeahhhhhh

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Vito Andolini said:

Justin Wells has the worst poker face I’ve ever seen, and he’s been grinning like the Cheshire Cat whenever the subject of McDonald comes up, so it’s gotta be Texas, or he’s completely bamboozled. 

He had that face during the Jalen hale recruitment.  He was fed a bunch of shit.

These announcers are so stupid. The SEC is now recruiting more nationally

Bama/Georgia have been doing it for years already stfu.

East coach is coaching this like it's an actual football game. West coach coaching like it's an all-star game.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Imagine your son committing to Vanderbilt… And then throwing that away for academic powerhouse, LSU.

I’d disown him.

Just in case this is not sarcasm- no person with a functioning brain would have any issue with their child playing football at LSU over fucking Vanderbilt if they had the opportunity. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Just in case this is not sarcasm- no person with a functioning brain would have any issue with their child playing football at LSU over fucking Vanderbilt if they had the opportunity. 

I guess I do not have a functioning brain.  Because I would want my son at Vanderbilt over LSU if he had offers from both.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

I guess I do not have a functioning brain.  Because I would want my son at Vanderbilt over LSU if he had offers from both.

Eh, I think choosing Vanderbilt is a sign that you DO HAVE a functioning brain lol…

LSU is great until you’re un-drafted with only half of an elementary ed degree in-hand. But sure, there’s the 1-5% chance you might get drafted.

Edited by ATXhorn17
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Eh, I think choosing Vanderbilt is a sign that you DO HAVE a functioning brain lol…

LSU is great until you’re un-drafted with only half of an elementary ed degree in-hand.

A LSU degree can get you a job just about anywhere in Houston....ton of alumni. Being a former NCAA athlete also helps as quite a few companies like hiring those types. And it's all about you as a person, your work ethic, and etc.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

All depends if you think your son is going to the NFL. But if he just going to play football abd then go on to regular life, then Vandy all the way.