Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

Orakpo was about that when he reported and was 260 5 years later.  Maybe 2 years is too aggressive but the weight gain is not with his frame. 

Orakpo was a freak. He was a freshman when I was a senior at Lamar. He looked older than all of us. He and Kelson both were just insane athletes. It made sense that he blew up once madden got to him.
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

"I haven't heard it mention, so I thought I would address the elephant in the room. He seems like a smart kid, so I'm wandering how his transition to the states has been as far as communication goes? Are we doing anything different like special playbooks or relying on signals more when he's in the game?… The only time I've been out of the country is when I was shipped to Nam and I was as confused as a yankee learning to square dance."

Mandatory

Please help me understand the context for this. I'm praying it's a gag, or -- even better -- an actual quote from TexAgs. 

3 hours ago, Da Fino said:

Orakpo was a freak. He was a freshman when I was a senior at Lamar. He looked older than all of us. He and Kelson both were just insane athletes. It made sense that he blew up once madden got to him.

I remember the first time I saw Orakpo on campus. Oldest-looking 18-19 yr old I had ever seen.

you-look-thirty-you-look30.gif

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, NoName said:

don't forget that both his parents went to A&M, met at A&M and he is a huge A&M fan.

i have posted it a bunch but basically:

• dude camped at A&M more than anywhere else trying to get an offer
  • A&M went big game hunting at QB...missed on everyone.
  • Novosad commits to Baylor
  • Novosad re opens his commitment, gets an offer from tOSU and ND (i think he reopened after these offers) - A&M offers AFTER tOSU and Stanford!!!
  • Novosad takes an UOV to A&M for their big recruitment weekend in late July. A&M pays to get Malachi Nelson on site the same weekend - thinking they can flip a guy Lincoln Riley has been personally recruiting for 3+ years, identified as his guy when he was early in high school and who has been committed to Riley for a year and change at OU and USC.
  • Novosad re-affirms commitment to Baylor
  • A&M keeps looking for QB commits...and doesn't get any until right before NSD

so to be clear here: A&M had a legacy from both parents, he shows pigs, they needed QB help in the class, he camped there more than ANYWHERE ELSE...and A&M offers him after Stanford, Ohio State and a little before Notre Dame. 

I wasn't able to find a good pig gif, but I did find this really good pic of a pig that looks just like Geoff Ketchum.

File:Pig-hog.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

2 observations watching the MNC tonight:

1. Georgia is really good.

2. Duce Robinson is signing with Georgia.

Duce was not coming here but if the thought ever crossed his mind it got buried tonight. Did he not come to the TCU game to see how he would be used?

• Hook 'Em 1