Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The guys that Tennessee is paying $8M. I haven't bothered learning his name. He's ethnic Garrett Gilbert mechanically. Big arm though. 

That kid seems to care about the lifestyle and everything else more than football. I believe he missed quite a few games this year but if he didn’t his stats were on par with Arch on a much more impressive team

Edited by BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, SquishMitten said:

It's weird. He looks massive on the football field, but just above average on the basketball court. Biggest one on the court still, but not the hulking mass he appears to be on the field.

Isn't that tape from last year when he was a few inches shorter and 50 lbs lighter?

11 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Here's what I was referring to, and the most recent one is earlier this month. Start at the 1 minute mark of the top video

https://www.hudl.com/profile/17091218/Jonathan-Davis

Looks massive compared to everyone else out there, not sure what you are seeing. He looks a couple inches taller than the other front court, but is twice as wide. 

12 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Largest human I have ever seen in person.  A literal mountain of a man.

Years ago I was with Doug Dawson in New Orleans and we met a black policeman there who was 6'11" 480lbs. Nothing like seeing a man make an NFL lineman look tiny.

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Years ago I was with Doug Dawson in New Orleans and we met a black policeman there who was 6'11" 480lbs. Nothing like seeing a man make an NFL lineman look tiny.

Years ago there was an OL for a Louisiana directional school who was 6'11" 400 lbs. Don't remember the name, just the size because it was hilarious. Wonder if it's the same guy. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Years ago there was an OL for a Louisiana directional school who was 6'11" 400 lbs. Don't remember the name, just the size because it was hilarious. Wonder if it's the same guy. 

There can't be that many guys that big, can there?

1 hour ago, TheMailBox357 said:

It looks like Rivals is dropping their updated rankings today:

Looks like Malik Muhammad missed out on the 5-star bump.

Yup. Johntay got bumped to 5. Bug Mountain fell 8 spots, but kept his fifth star. Duce dropped one spot, but similarly kept the fifth. They're about to get into the Top 10, so no other's related to Texas until we get to Arch barring something crazy.

3 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

I'd have to imagine he'll stay in state. However, maybe he'll appreciate that Texas was his first big offer and took a chance on him.

Assuming he's paid attention at all to college football, I have to imagine it would be an easy sell to get coached by Bo fucking Davis to hone your abilities. We'll see if there are any external factors working on us here. But being first in line, and having Bo, I'm personally optimistic.

Just now, BornAndRaised said:

Assuming he's paid attention at all to college football, I have to imagine it would be an easy sell to get coached by Bo fucking Davis to hone your abilities. We'll see if there are any external factors working on us here. But being first in line, and having Bo, I'm personally optimistic.

The guy who said in his quote that Texas is always winning? Well ok, buddy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Also, I've been to Starkville. He'll probably really enjoy his visit here.

• Hook 'Em 1