Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

21 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Ha-ha.  My wife bitches about the $10 or so I spend on this site each month.  The same wife that has a damn near daily delivery of Lego sets or Disney pins she's purchased.

Most Surly men would appreciate a woman who plays with Legos. Jus' sayin'. 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Ha-ha.  My wife bitches about the $10 or so I spend on this site each month.  The same wife that has a damn near daily delivery of Lego sets or Disney pins she's purchased.

Sounds like you and @Mitch Cumsteen need to compare notes. Mitch brushes his teeth in the shadow of a giant crab, you brush your teeth in the shadow of a Ninjago fortress. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8

22 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Sounds like you and @Mitch Cumsteen need to compare notes. Mitch brushes his teeth in the shadow of a giant crab, you brush your teeth in the shadow of a Ninjago fortress. 

I would gladly donate the crab to Duce Robinson to entice him to attend Texas. I'd even throw in the thousands of dollars worth of legos sitting in a crate that my now teenage kids haven't played with in years. Don't fuck with the power of spinjitzu.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I mean is she leaving these sets in the box?  Evidently special Lego sets unopened as an investment have out earned any market or fund for the last twenty years by a big margin.  Or so some article I read a while back said, she might be a genius.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

X in hand is worth Duce in the bush.

Or something like that

I heard you ladies warned that:

”One ‘X’ in the hand will lead to Duce in the bush.”

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

Are your saying that we are $350K short or the total price is $350K?

He’s a TE, so with Burnt Endz we’d only be $340K short  

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

While I am always semi-serious, I am always mostly not. Especially if exclamation points are being used. So don’t take me literally on this one. It was a spitball around perception of what it would likely need to be. I’m not trying to stir up us doing anything for it here as I would bet the work is being done or it can’t get done. 

Someone else asked about $350 for a 5 star being cheap, I guess two things:

1) like I said, I was spitballing

2) depends upon position, but TEs aren’t going to cost Edge  money, much less big time skill guys. 

I also don’t think $250k for a player has ever been common, much less beyond that. Some of that in the last few cycles, but not a ton of it. 

*EDGE

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

I mean is she leaving these sets in the box?  Evidently special Lego sets unopened as an investment have out earned any market or fund for the last twenty years by a big margin.  Or so some article I read a while back said, she might be a genius.  

No, they're all out of the box and built.  She tried to tell me they'll be worth something, someday.  Whatevs.  I'm sure we'll make up for it in the Disney pin black market.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, LCHorn said:

We’re not giving him $350k.  If that’s the math a sure thing like Ja’Tavion is going to be super expensive to keep past the May transfer window.  

I think he’s worth that. He’s a legit talent at that position that can also flex out. Georgia wanting him badly tells you all you need to know. Kyle Pitts like talent

Edited by BurntOrange&White

9 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Bobby said this morning that Texas is still recruiting Duce, but Gerry reported yesterday that he hosted USC and UGA for in-homes earlier this week but not us. It's probably one of those two.

Correct, Sarkisian used is in home in December, but the communication had picked up last night and today. There was also the thought he would be taking a UOV this weekend, which would likely be the tell.

Edited by HtownHorn

Standish

Spoiler

Last night I mentioned things were moving quickly with Red Oak 2023 four-star defensive back and TCU commit Warren Roberson. Even though Roberson is committed to TCU and has had prolonged interest in USC, a source told Horns247 that the early returns from the Longhorns' ramped-up pursuit level were extremely positive and that the start of Roberson's OV couldn't have gotten off to a better start.

After speaking with another source this morning, I've decided to enter a crystal ball prediction for Roberson to end up in Austin with a confidence level of 6. While it certainly isn't a done deal that Roberson will end up in the Burnt Orange with another day and a half left on his OV, we're hearing too much positive smoke on a potential flip to hold off on picks.

We'll continue to monitor Roberson throughout the visit weekend and should have an update later tonight or early Sunday morning. 247Sports recruiting analyst Jordan Scruggs also put in a flip pick for Roberson to wind up at Texas.

As a junior, Roberson played all three phases of the game. In addition to 41-688-6 receiving, he recorded four INT on defense, averaged 18.0 yards per KO return (13 attempts) and 15.5 yards per punt return (six chances).

Roberson is rated as the No. 258 overall player in the nation and No. 22 safety prospect according to the 247Sports composite rankings. He is also ranked as the No. 47 overall prospect from the state of Texas. In October Roberson chose the Frogs over nearly 30 programs including Oregon, Nebraska, Texas, and USC among others. The Red Oak product recently took an official visit to USC and has been viewed as a likely flip candidate since Bryan Carrington left Fort Worth for Arizona State.

247Sports National Recruiting Analyst Gabe Brooks had this to say on Roberson in May when the Red Oak safety debuted as an 89 in the 247Sports rankings before eventually being bumped to a four-star.

COMMENTS
"Red Oak (Texas) three-phase contributor Warren Roberson has seen his stock soar on the recruiting trail in recent weeks. One look at the tape shows why. Roberson finished his junior year with 41 receptions for 688 yards and six touchdowns on almost 17 yards per catch, plus four interceptions and six pass breakups on defense. He also averaged 18.0 per kickoff return (13 attempts) and 15.5 per punt return (six chances).

Roberson, who debuts as a high three-star 89, could play either receiver or safety in college, but sources indicate the latter is his primary position in the eyes of college programs. His multi-sport context is relatively limited, but does feature encouraging 100-meter data from his sophomore year with times of 11.00, 11.08, 11.17, and 11.27. Roberson has reported offers from LSU, Missouri, Boston College, Alabama, Nebraska, Florida State, and Arkansas since April 26."

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

What the fetish here?holding her legs up and dicking her? I find…at least 20 other things more “fetish” and more enjoyable than that. All you have to do is flip her over and now we’re talking…

Congrats, your sexual preferences are immortalized on some server bank.  Someday to be awarded to a drive through cocktail magnate.

• Haha 4

27 minutes ago, thepop said:

So we traded TCU Roberson for Jamel Johnson. Johnson tending down in rankings while Roberson had been trending up. 

Good observation. Johnson is getting a head start by being an early enrollee at Frog, but that may be his only upside over Roberson after the senior year evaluation.

1 hour ago, thepop said:

So we traded TCU Roberson for Jamel Johnson. Johnson tending down in rankings while Roberson had been trending up. 

You are missing the best part. McDonald was a TCU legacy. They went all in on DBs and didn’t have room for him (supposedly). He blew up. Roberson got pissed about the additional DBs and now looks like Texas is the destination. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1