Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

41 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

He tracks the ball really good from his senior highlights, kinda had to because he caught sorry really really bad throws from that qb.  

I mean, I don't really get Hunter Refnrow/Justin Hardy type vibes from his HUDL, but who knows? Every once in a great while, the switch flips for a rare few of the these kids and good things happen. Also, I can't imagine you'd have really gotten much from Hunter Renfro or Justin Hardy's HS tapes either

If nothing else, a GPA of 103.4 (whatever the hell that means) seems like it'll be good for our APR. 

Edited by campcrunk

Light bulb has finally gone off in the old noggin, Red Oak school officials probably looked at the weather forecast and decided it was prudent to postpone any on campus activity to Friday. I have no actual knowledge of what is happening with Warren Roberson, but I suspect he’ll sign with someone Wednesday, then go thru the dog and pony show with family and any teammates Friday. The winning school will likely keep the signing a secret to respect the kid’s moment.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Light bulb has finally gone off in the old noggin, Red Oak school officials probably looked at the weather forecast and decided it was prudent to postpone any on campus activity to Friday. I have no actual knowledge of what is happening with Warren Roberson, but I suspect he’ll sign with someone Wednesday, then go thru the dog and pony show with family and any teammates Friday. The winning school will likely keep the signing a secret to respect the kid’s moment.

live look at Ketch

Spongebob Squarepants Nickelodeon GIF

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

29 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

the analysis from Mike F is exactly what you would expect

Duce Robinson: The tricky part of Duce Robinson is that he is going to play baseball as well. This recruitment is supposedly down to three teams, Georgia, Alabama, Texas, and USC. For the most part, I think the top three are Georgia, Texas, and USC, mainly due to NIL. My prediction here is going to surprise a lot of people, but I really like Texas to grab Robinson. He would be a great addition to this already stacked class that includes Arch Manning.

Prediction: Texas

Edited by NoName
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Mike Farrell these days is the recruiting equivalent of truck stop hooker. He's "independent," and will do the most pathetic, degrading thing for a few pennies. Not even a two-bit pimp like Rivals would waste their time trying to (continue to) employ such a low earning potential whore. Hes the "Godfather of Recruiting," without the obvious irony, not because that's the name he's given himself, but because he's old as fuck and out to pasture and it would be a mercy if he just had a fucking heart attack in a garden playing with his grandkids. Except I doubt he can afford a place with room for a garden, and I'd be shocked if any woman fucked him, much less if he had kids or grandkids. 

3780C768-D989-41D8-A7A2-4275113AA570.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

I'm surprised nobody has posted GH's latest report on Duce:

"

Texas Longhorns remain in play for Duce Robinson

The Texas Longhorns remain in play for the nation’s top tight end prospect Duce Robinson.

The On3 Consensus five-star and two-sport standout from Phoenix (Ariz.) Pinnacle hosted USC, Georgia and Texas for in-home visits last week.

The USC and Georgia in-home visits on Monday have been previously reported. Inside Texas can report that Texas assistants Jeff Banks and Kyle Flood made an in-home visit with Robinson and family on Thursday. Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian made his in-home with the Robinson family in December.

The month of January began with Georgia and Texas receiving most of the behind the scenes chatter with USC in third. The USC in-home visit Monday helped the Trojans cause according to a source close to the recruitment.

Will Robinson sign this week?

Patience could be the key for the programs still in the mix for the 6-foot-6, 225-pound playmaker. There is a 50-50 chance Robinson chooses not to sign this week. The signing period runs through April 1. There is also the option of not signing a letter of intent, and only signing scholarship papers and reporting to the college of his choice in June.

Working out for scouts for the 2023 MLB Draft is also very much in play for Robinson. The MLB Draft will be held July 17-19 in Los Angeles.

"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, TheMailBox357 said:

I'm surprised nobody has posted GH's latest report on Duce:

"

Texas Longhorns remain in play for Duce Robinson

The Texas Longhorns remain in play for the nation’s top tight end prospect Duce Robinson.

The On3 Consensus five-star and two-sport standout from Phoenix (Ariz.) Pinnacle hosted USC, Georgia and Texas for in-home visits last week.

The USC and Georgia in-home visits on Monday have been previously reported. Inside Texas can report that Texas assistants Jeff Banks and Kyle Flood made an in-home visit with Robinson and family on Thursday. Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian made his in-home with the Robinson family in December.

The month of January began with Georgia and Texas receiving most of the behind the scenes chatter with USC in third. The USC in-home visit Monday helped the Trojans cause according to a source close to the recruitment.

Will Robinson sign this week?

Patience could be the key for the programs still in the mix for the 6-foot-6, 225-pound playmaker. There is a 50-50 chance Robinson chooses not to sign this week. The signing period runs through April 1. There is also the option of not signing a letter of intent, and only signing scholarship papers and reporting to the college of his choice in June.

Working out for scouts for the 2023 MLB Draft is also very much in play for Robinson. The MLB Draft will be held July 17-19 in Los Angeles.

"

Follow-up posts by GH:

1. "One source thinks this could end up Texas vs. USC

The other sources is UGA, USC or Texas.

We shall see."

2. GH on if pro baseball is on the table for Duce:

"Potentially yes.

Could go a college football, minor league baseball route.

IMO, everything seems to be on the table right now."

3. "When I say Texas recruits through the whistle ... this recruitment is it.

Even if Robinson decides to not sign this week, or in the signing window, Texas plans to recruit Robinson until the end."

4. "One source doesn't believe he will sign in the late window, which runs through April 1.

Just sign scholarship papers and show up to a school in June. Doesn't mean he wouldn't announce a decision until June, to be clear."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

So how does this work, when someone wants to multi sport? Does Pierce get involved at all, or does a place like Texas baseball just automatically make the list for any kid involved in such a scenario? 

How is this normally received in a baseball locker room? Someone that is likely absent a lot due to the two sports having Spring activity, etc. 

4 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

So how does this work, when someone wants to multi sport? Does Pierce get involved at all, or does a place like Texas baseball just automatically make the list for any kid involved in such a scenario? 

How is this normally received in a baseball locker room? Someone that is likely absent a lot due to the two sports having Spring activity, etc. 

My only real red flag about the two sport thing is that he won't get to go through an offseason conditioning and weight program for football. That could really stunt his development as a blocker and just kind of make him a flex guy. I still would love to have him, but I am dubious that he is the next JT Sanders. Also.. I don't think we are getting him. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

If I recall from his visit notes he met with Pierce and Pierce was involved in the pitch. 

• Like 1

Just now, Vertigo said:

My only real red flag about the two sport thing is that he won't get to go through an offseason conditioning and weight program for football. That could really stunt his development as a blocker and just kind of make him a flex guy. I still would love to have him, but I am dubious that he is the next JT Sanders. Also.. I don't think we are getting him. 

Imo he’s a talent you use like Kyle Pitts(college)or Kelce(pro) type comps. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Mike Farrell these days is the recruiting equivalent of truck stop hooker. He's "independent," and will do the most pathetic, degrading thing for a few pennies. Not even a two-bit pimp like Rivals would waste their time trying to (continue to) employ such a low earning potential whore. Hes the "Godfather of Recruiting," without the obvious irony, not because that's the name he's given himself, but because he's old as fuck and out to pasture and it would be a mercy if he just had a fucking heart attack in a garden playing with his grandkids. Except I doubt he can afford a place with room for a garden, and I'd be shocked if any woman fucked him, much less if he had kids or grandkids. 

The Simpsons GIF

7 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I'm really curious what you think you're even saying here. 

You don’t use him like a traditional tight end. You use him to create mismatches and move him around. He’s ultra talented enough. You know how we talked about how Billingsley should be used with motion and splitting out etc…..that. 

1 hour ago, tokamak said:

"they're going to recruit so-and-so through the whistle" is such a tired recruitnik trope. Yeah dude, I bet all the other programs are going to stop calling him and just see how it plays out.

I think there was a time we would just stop calling and see how it played out.  

• Rage+1 2