Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

30 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

Do we know what time? 

Well, shit. Gerry says “weather” has delayed the signing ceremony to Tuesday. Also says he doesn’t think anyone has received a LOI yet.

Spoiler

The recruitment of On3 Consensus 4-star Warren Roberson continues leading up to a likely Tuesday announcement after inclement weather in the area delayed Friday’s ceremony. 

Roberson, a TCU commitment since October 31, was considered a Texas lean coming out of last weekends official visit. And TCU and USC knew that. 

This week, the No. 270 ranked prospect in the On3 Consensus has been in constant communication with Texas, TCU and USC. According to a source, he was on the phone multiple times with all three programs today. Roberson has reportedly been torn between all three programs at time this week. 

Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian and assistants Jeff Banks, Terry Joseph and Blake Gideon have all engaged in conversations with Roberson and his mother this week. 

The same can be said for multiple TCU staff members fighting to keep the DFW area 4-star in the fold. 

USC head coach Lincoln Riley is said to have had multiple conversations daily with Roberson according to the source. 

Inside Texas does not believe Roberson has sent in an LOI to a school as of Thursday afternoon.

I get that TCU played in the title game and got properly ass raped. Why a talented or smart young person would ever choose TCU over UT or USC is beyond me.  Outside of Texas and probably most in Texas, no one even knows where TCU is - that degree would be worthless in Atlanta, TN, Colorado, IL, etc. - all places I've lived and a UT education is known.  NFL, name a famous TCU player without research. I can't.

I'd slap the shit out of my son if he could go to UT or USC free and picked TCwho? 

I get that TCU played in the title game and got properly ass raped. Why a talented or smart young person would ever choose TCU over UT or USC is beyond me.  Outside of Texas and probably most in Texas, no one even knows where TCU is - that degree would be worthless in Atlanta, TN, Colorado, IL, etc. - all places I've lived and a UT education is known.  NFL, name a famous TCU player without research. I can't.
I'd slap the shit out of my son if he could go to UT or USC free and picked TCwho? 

Andy dalton. Turpin plays for cowboys.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hornlife said:

They have actually put a decent number of players in the pros and this whole "TCwho" shtick just makes you look bitter. Let's not do this. 

16 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Speaking of Handsome Billy Liucci (as he is known around Texags HQ) which Looch look is your favorite

We have

Billy Liucci on Twitter: "@nocontextcfb 1/3 of the mission was completed  https://t.co/Q60SIWSmM3" / Twitter

Wearing a shirt to the pool while touching wet dudes Looch 

We have

TexasAgs Radio - Senior Aggie Leadership Council

Too many consecutive days at the Dixie Chicken Looch

We have

Stream Billy Liucci from TEXAGS.com, joins A to Z Sports on 12-17-15 by  thegamenashville.com | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

Old Glamour Shots that hangs on his moms wall Looch

We have

The Jboy Show - Ep 339 - Billy Liucci, Executive Editor & Co-Owner of  TexAgs.Com - YouTube

I'll just try cocaine once, it should be fine but then it turns into a problem Looch

We have

Ask Liucci, Part 1: Resurgence of the O-Line, outlook for the rest of 2020  & more | TexAgs

Just binge watched Yellowstone, went to Tecovas because Lucchese was too expensive Looch

We have

Billy Liucci joins TexAgs Radio to put a bow on Texas A&M's historic '22  class | TexAgs

Got off the cocaine finally and now I am a youth minister now doing TikTok dances to keep kids off drugs Looch

We have

Billy Liucci from Kempner High School - Classmates

Gets told twice a day by the high school nurse to shave his chin but he cant figure out how Looch

and finally we have...

Taylor Hamm & Billy Liucci make SWEET LOVE in 2019 + Football Recruiting  Thread | Page 105 | Texas A&M Sports

Need no additional explanation Looch

Garden Gnome Games - Etsy

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

LaDainian Tomlinson my dude.

1 hour ago, utexas8 said:

Andy dalton. Turpin plays for cowboys.

59 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Some people have heard of davey O’Brien, too. 

16 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Jerry Hughes was pretty good in the NFL for a while.

Gotta love a dumb comment that is violently teabagged by multiple posters, like damn near immediately after the post. 

Off the top of my head, Jalen Reagor and Ross Blacklock play for the Vikings, I believe, and I don't even follow the fucking NFL. Those guys are within the last 5 years. 

Trevon Moehring, Josh Doctson, Jason Verrett were all high round draft picks sometime in the last 8 or so years. 

Also, as an Oilers fan, Kenneth Davis can get all the way fucked and stay fucked for life. Didn't that shitty Cowboys DB who won a Super Bowl MVP, Larry Brown, go to TCU? Legit question because fuck the Cowboys. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 4

In other depressing news, it (again) looks like we won't be leaving the Big XII early.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-oklahoma-and-texas-unlikely-to-leave-big-12-for-sec-before-2025-134606965.html

The Big 12 will have 14 teams for the next two football seasons.

According to ESPN, Texas and Oklahoma have been unable to come to an agreement to leave the conference for the SEC before the 2025 season and are "unlikely" to leave before then. That means the two teams would be Big 12 members for the next two football seasons before the SEC expands to 16 teams.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 4

1 minute ago, Hornlover said:

In other depressing news, it (again) looks like we won't be leaving the Big XII early.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-oklahoma-and-texas-unlikely-to-leave-big-12-for-sec-before-2025-134606965.html

Sure Jan GIF

This has been  basically every single rumor every time. None of these media outlets know shit

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, hornlife said:

Degree? What degree?

27 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Yeah, but we're still in the Big XII, and OU still sucks (and is apparently poor). 

Best damn basketball conference in the land by a large margin. 

No conference is as dominant in the Big 3 (+ 1… women’s hoops) sports as the Big XII is in men’s basketball.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TheMailBox357 said:

I just saw on the local DFW FOX affiliate that Red Oak ISD is closed today. Is Warren Robertson still gonna announce who he's signing with today?

holy fucking shit dude. read the fucking thread then ask your dumbass questions you geoff ketchum lookin ass.

Did I do that right Sydney?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

holy fucking shit dude. read the fucking thread then ask your dumbass questions you geoff ketchum lookin ass.

Did I do that right Sydney?

I'll give it a solid 7. Message is on point, lacks a little bit of literary flourish, imo. The Russian Judge would probably give it an 11, though. 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I watched this live as a kid with my father. It is one of the angriest moments of either of our lives, and my dad was once a very angry man. Fuck that motherfucking incident right in the fucking face. Fuck you for bringing it up, too. What's next? 1972 Olympic Basketball Finals? Christ.

One of the craziest things I've ever seen in sports. I still remember one of the judges saying that he gave it to the dude not named Roy Jones because "he felt sorry for him". Because he was getting his ass kicked so badly. So he decided to give him a gold medal (spoiler: he was paid to do it). 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

One of the craziest things I've ever seen in sports. I still remember one of the judges saying that he gave it to the dude not named Roy Jones because "he felt sorry for him". Because he was getting his ass kicked so badly. So he decided to give him a gold medal (spoiler: he was paid to do it). 

One of the greatest screw jobs in sports history. But Roy Jones Jr went on to accomplish other great things in life. See the example below:

3 hours ago, hornlife said:

mLOtyZ.gif

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, hornlife said:

My brother In Christ.   Stop posting 

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It also didn't include multiple misspellings and missing words, so it lacked your dipshitted authenticity.

I watched this live as a kid with my father. It is one of the angriest moments of either of our lives, and my dad was once a very angry man. Fuck that motherfucking incident right in the fucking face. Fuck you for bringing it up, too. What's next? 1972 Olympic Basketball Finals? Christ.

I'm convinced that the Soviets bought this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renato_Righetto

I know many here aren't a fan of Bob Costas, but this clip is short enough and does a good job explaining the situation.

I always wanted Doug Collins to have an opportunity to coach Team USA if only to get revenge on the IOC.