Machinator

Elite edge rusher Tausili Akana set for wild week
BLAIR ANGULO

Listen, Tausili ... 

image.jpeg.687b282c450b033342a764696fc3fd09.jpeg

Spoiler

BLAIR ANGULO

The next week for Top247 edge rusher Tausili Akana could be the most hectic of any recruit this cycle.

With eight unofficial stops planned over the next eight days, the elite prospect from Lehi (Utah) Skyridge intends to give every suitor a close look before narrowing his focus.

Defending national champion Georgia is set to draw the first visit on Wednesday, followed by Tennessee (Jun. 2), Auburn (Jun. 3), Alabama (Jun. 4), LSU (Jun. 5), Texas A&M (Jun. 6), Baylor (Jun. 7) and, finally, Texas (Jun. 8).

And the epic travels won't end there.

Akana, the nation’s No. 31 overall prospect, No. 3 rated edge rusher and No. 1 in the state of Utah for the 2023 class, per the 247Sports rankings, has a couple official visits circled on the itinerary.

LSU will get the first opportunity to make an impression with an official scheduled for the Jun. 17 weekend, while Oklahoma is set to host the talented defender for an official on the final weekend of July.

Originally from the state of Hawaii, the Polynesian Bowl all-star and All-American Bowl selection has played his previous two seasons in the Beehive State and was credited with 78 total tackles, including 28 for a loss and 13 sacks, to help guide Skyridge to a state semifinal appearance last fall.

Oregon will also get an unofficial visit the weekend of Jun. 24 before the start of another four-week recruiting dead period. The 6-foot-4, 225-pound Akana has said he wants to take all five officials before making a college decision.

The likes of Nebraska, BYU, Utah, Boise State, UCLA and USC have drawn visits from Akana this spring.

With the recruiting calendar currently on the ever-important spring evaluation period and coaches scattered across the country, stay tuned to 247Sports for breaking news, insight and analysis as prospects from all classes continue to sort through their top contenders.

15 minutes ago, Getafix said:

BLAIR ANGULO

Listen, Tausili ... 

image.jpeg.687b282c450b033342a764696fc3fd09.jpeg

Hide contents

BLAIR ANGULO

The next week for Top247 edge rusher Tausili Akana could be the most hectic of any recruit this cycle.

With eight unofficial stops planned over the next eight days, the elite prospect from Lehi (Utah) Skyridge intends to give every suitor a close look before narrowing his focus.

Defending national champion Georgia is set to draw the first visit on Wednesday, followed by Tennessee (Jun. 2), Auburn (Jun. 3), Alabama (Jun. 4), LSU (Jun. 5), Texas A&M (Jun. 6), Baylor (Jun. 7) and, finally, Texas (Jun. 8).

And the epic travels won't end there.

Akana, the nation’s No. 31 overall prospect, No. 3 rated edge rusher and No. 1 in the state of Utah for the 2023 class, per the 247Sports rankings, has a couple official visits circled on the itinerary.

LSU will get the first opportunity to make an impression with an official scheduled for the Jun. 17 weekend, while Oklahoma is set to host the talented defender for an official on the final weekend of July.

Originally from the state of Hawaii, the Polynesian Bowl all-star and All-American Bowl selection has played his previous two seasons in the Beehive State and was credited with 78 total tackles, including 28 for a loss and 13 sacks, to help guide Skyridge to a state semifinal appearance last fall.

Oregon will also get an unofficial visit the weekend of Jun. 24 before the start of another four-week recruiting dead period. The 6-foot-4, 225-pound Akana has said he wants to take all five officials before making a college decision.

The likes of Nebraska, BYU, Utah, Boise State, UCLA and USC have drawn visits from Akana this spring.

With the recruiting calendar currently on the ever-important spring evaluation period and coaches scattered across the country, stay tuned to 247Sports for breaking news, insight and analysis as prospects from all classes continue to sort through their top contenders.

I'm not concerned at all, for we have

Polynesian Ties by Polynesians by Tuitakau Funaki — Kickstarter

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gidnik said:

papa johns dont give shit to louisville

The stadium was named for old Cardinal Stadium, which is located at the Kentucky Exposition Center, but with corporate naming rights formerly providing a prefix to the main name. John Schnatter, a native of nearby Jeffersonville, Indiana, donated $5 million for the naming rights to the stadium, which he used to christen the venue for his Papa John's Pizza chain.[8] Schnatter made a further $10 million donation for the stadium's expansion,[8] and extended the naming rights to the year 2040.[9]

The stadium was christened on September 5, 1998; the Cardinals lost the opening game to the Kentucky Wildcats 68–34[10] but won all other home games that year.[10]

On July 13, 2018, the stadium was renamed Cardinal Stadium by University of Louisville President Neeli Bendapudi. The change was a reaction to Schnatter using a racial slur on a Papa John's conference call.

From Wikipedia.

7 hours ago, LebongJames said:

Lynchburg, TN. Been 3 times for work events. It’s a dry county. Only get samples if pay for tasting.

Vandy Law 3Ls used to road-trip there every year, getting smashed on the buses on the way down and back. Tradition stopped before I got there because some graceful gent tried to moon another vehicle and fell out the back of a bus. 

Fucking lawyers…

1 hour ago, Viper said:

When I see someone using natty and/or croots, it's a relief because I know I don't have to bother getting to know them or wondering if we would get along. Kind of like people that use furbabies.

Are you telling us you're not the proud hubby of a dog mom to some adorbs furbabies?

• Rage+1 1

13 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Sydir Mitchell may be a highest bidder recruitment.  Took an OV last weekend to Georgia and got a run of picks and next taking an OV to aggy.  Has he scheduled an OV here?

I don't have a subscription, but On3 allegedly has an update on his official visits. 

https://www.on3.com/news/4-star-dl-sydir-mitchell-previews-upcoming-official-visits/

6 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

I don't have a subscription, but On3 allegedly has an update on his official visits. 

https://www.on3.com/news/4-star-dl-sydir-mitchell-previews-upcoming-official-visits/

Spoiler

Oradell (N.J.) Bergen Catholic defensive lineman Sydir Mitchell will be back on the road this weekend for his second official visit. He visited Georgia on the weekend of May 20 and next up is Texas A&M.

The No. 299 prospect in the On3 Consensus was at the spring game in College Station, so this will be his second visit to Texas A&M.

“I had a great time when I was out there for the spring game and I have developed a great connection with E-Rob (Elijah Robinson, defensive line),” Mitchell told On3. “The program, where it is going, and the people there have Texas A&M as one of my top schools.”

Mitchell’s relationship with Robinson is something he raved about.

“It is not about football with him. Yes, we talk football, and that is a part of it, but that is not all we talk about. He can talk about anything and that makes him stand out. Coach E-Rob offered me early, he has talked to me a lot, and he has gotten to know me.

“I like how he recruits me and the connection that we have.”

After a visit to College Station, with no official visit locked in yet for June 10, Mitchell will return home for a week before heading back to the Lone Star State. Texas will be the school he officially visits on June 17.

“With Texas, it is about Bo Davis for me. He has coached a lot of great defensive linemen, he has put players into the NFL, and he has shown me a lot of knowledge. Coach Davis knows my position and he has shown he can develop players. I like his personality too.

“Austin is a great place and Texas has shown consistency with me, so I want to get back.”

The last visit for Mitchell is set for him to be at Auburn the weekend of June 24. Jimmy Brumbaugh is a big reason why the No. 5 prospect in New Jersey has the Tigers on his list.

“With coach Brumbaugh, the connection is strong. I not only talk to him, but I talk to his wife, and they are just great people. He is a great guy, they are a great family, and they are easy to talk to. The connection we have has put Auburn up there for me.”

Mitchell was down at Auburn for spring practice. He liked the vibe, the town, and he wants to learn more from the players.

“Like on all visits, I want to talk to the players, ask questions, and see what their answers are,” Mitchell said. “All these visits are big for me because I want to gather more information, compare the schools, then commit later this summer.

“How comfortable I am will be important to me. Academics, playing time, NIL, and the scheme are big too.”

The June 10 weekend remains open for Mitchell and Miami is in the running for an official visit.

Georgia set the bar high with their visit in May and others will try to follow in the month of June.

TLDR: Texas OV set for June 17th weekend

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, JackBurton said:
  Hide contents

Oradell (N.J.) Bergen Catholic defensive lineman Sydir Mitchell will be back on the road this weekend for his second official visit. He visited Georgia on the weekend of May 20 and next up is Texas A&M.

The No. 299 prospect in the On3 Consensus was at the spring game in College Station, so this will be his second visit to Texas A&M.

“I had a great time when I was out there for the spring game and I have developed a great connection with E-Rob (Elijah Robinson, defensive line),” Mitchell told On3. “The program, where it is going, and the people there have Texas A&M as one of my top schools.”

Mitchell’s relationship with Robinson is something he raved about.

“It is not about football with him. Yes, we talk football, and that is a part of it, but that is not all we talk about. He can talk about anything and that makes him stand out. Coach E-Rob offered me early, he has talked to me a lot, and he has gotten to know me.

“I like how he recruits me and the connection that we have.”

After a visit to College Station, with no official visit locked in yet for June 10, Mitchell will return home for a week before heading back to the Lone Star State. Texas will be the school he officially visits on June 17.

“With Texas, it is about Bo Davis for me. He has coached a lot of great defensive linemen, he has put players into the NFL, and he has shown me a lot of knowledge. Coach Davis knows my position and he has shown he can develop players. I like his personality too.

“Austin is a great place and Texas has shown consistency with me, so I want to get back.”

The last visit for Mitchell is set for him to be at Auburn the weekend of June 24. Jimmy Brumbaugh is a big reason why the No. 5 prospect in New Jersey has the Tigers on his list.

“With coach Brumbaugh, the connection is strong. I not only talk to him, but I talk to his wife, and they are just great people. He is a great guy, they are a great family, and they are easy to talk to. The connection we have has put Auburn up there for me.”

Mitchell was down at Auburn for spring practice. He liked the vibe, the town, and he wants to learn more from the players.

“Like on all visits, I want to talk to the players, ask questions, and see what their answers are,” Mitchell said. “All these visits are big for me because I want to gather more information, compare the schools, then commit later this summer.

“How comfortable I am will be important to me. Academics, playing time, NIL, and the scheme are big too.”

The June 10 weekend remains open for Mitchell and Miami is in the running for an official visit.

Georgia set the bar high with their visit in May and others will try to follow in the month of June.

TLDR: Texas OV set for June 17th weekend

Thanks for the update. Good we're getting an OV, but we probably have a lot of ground to make up on this one.

(also, FIFY - removed Dark Mode formatting)

• Hook 'Em 2

Inside Mikal Harrison-Pilot's top five schools

STEVE WILTFONG

Spoiler

Inside Mikal Harrison-Pilot's top five schools

STEVE WILTFONG

Temple (Texas) High Top247 athlete/receiver Mikal Harrison-Pilot notified 247Sports of his top five schools on Monday, narrowing his list of close to 50 offers down to five schools.

The finalists are California, Houston, TCU, Texas and Oklahoma.

“Just sitting down with my parents, going over things we saw and things I like about each place,” Harrison-Pilot said.

The only visits locked in right now are Texas the weekend of June 17 and California the weekend after that. Harrison-Pilot will not be at Oklahoma this weekend for the ChampU BBQ but says he’ll be in Norman for a game this fall.

The blue-chipper broke down each of his finalists.

Regarding California: “It’s about the coaches, it’s about relationships for me and they’re one of the most nicest and genuine people I’ve met in my entire life. Meeting the entire coaching staff they’re going to treat you like one of their own.”

Regarding Houston: “My dad played there, it’s a legacy thing right there. I’ve been knowing them for a long time and I’ve been knowing Coach Holgorsen since eighth grade going to camp. Seeing what they did this year with the offense was impressive to me and I can’t wait to see what they do next year.”

Regarding Oklahoma: “With OU what I realized when I went up there, the coaches they came up under each other, or coached together and they treated me like one of their own already. I’m excited to see what they do with the offense this year.”

Regarding TCU: “With TCU, Coach Kelly, he’s been on me ever since Quentin Johnston and obviously seeing Quentin Johnston improve, and the new staff coming in with the Air Raid and the playbook getting 50-plus targets a year.”

Regarding Texas: “Coach Sarkisian and Coach Marion, those two, Coach Sark he’s going to get you ready for the NFL. He’s been up there, he’s been an OC and him being at Alabama tells you everything he is about as an offensive-minded head coach.”

The 247Sports Composite tabs Harrison-Pilot as the No. 100 prospect in the class.

• Hook 'Em 1

Regarding Texas: “Coach Sarkisian and Coach Marion, those two, Coach Sark he’s going to get you ready for the NFL. He’s been up there, he’s been an OC and him being at Alabama tells you everything he is about as an offensive-minded head coach.”

Well strike one on the "I hope he's still open to playing safety" count.