Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

1 minute ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Tennessee doesn't seem to be playing anymore.  Do they have their NIL together?  

Yes

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/college-football/5-star-2023-cfb-recruit-reportedly-lands-8-million-nil-deal-media-fans-react/

We fucked the Vols on Neyor, too. Should be a fun time. 

4 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Tennessee doesn't seem to be playing anymore.  Do they have their NIL together?  

They just paid $2 mil per year for a QB, so it would appear so. The main danger of Tennessee is if they get Jimmy Haslem to start giving a shit. He works out of the Knoxville office just a few exits down to the stadium. Pilot FlyingJ is an absolute cash machine, and he could probably spend 50 mil per year in NIL without even feeling it. 

Edited by Vertigo

31 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

They just paid $2 mil per year for a QB, so it would appear so. The main danger of Tennessee is if they get Jimmy Haslem to start giving a shit. He works out of the Knoxville office just a few exits down to the stadium. Pilot FlyingJ is an absolute cash machine, and he could probably spend 50 mil per year in NIL without even feeling it. 

He is already doing that for Deshaun Watson. My guess is that the Cleveland Browns and their history of being shitty are more important to Mr. Haslam at this point than a few recruits for the vols.

32 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

He is already doing that for Deshaun Watson. My guess is that the Cleveland Browns and their history of being shitty are more important to Mr. Haslam at this point than a few recruits for the vols.

Yeah the Haslams are all Browns. NFL Ownership is a much more exclusive club than the Spyre Sports Group. 

Texas is still waiting on that big check from Cal McNair. 

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Yeah the Haslams are all Browns. NFL Ownership is a much more exclusive club than the Spyre Sports Group. 

Texas is still waiting on that big check from Cal McNair. 

Texas is still waiting on big checks from *checks notes* pretty much every single one of our alums with a net worth greater than a million. 

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Texas is still waiting on big checks from *checks notes* pretty much every single one of our alums with a net worth greater than a million. 

Now this is concerning.  It means they either don't see the benefit, don't care enough, or have been soured on it somehow.  If it's the 3rd, please tell me Bellmont is not undermining you in what would be the pinnacle act in a long string of bureaucratic self-sabotage.

37 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

Lack of Twitter activity from current commits makes me think this one isn't going our way.

Good call. This was the giveaway, Cook in particular, is usually tweeting up a storm when we’re about to get a commit.

Still a little surprised we didn’t see any changes in predictions from any of the sites.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Now this is concerning.  It means they either don't see the benefit, don't care enough, or have been soured on it somehow.  If it's the 3rd, please tell me Bellmont is not undermining you in what would be the pinnacle act in a long string of bureaucratic self-sabotage.

It's not really any of those things. If I had to pick one, it would be #2. It's definitely not #3.