Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

On3 four-star Jalen Hale talks Texas, recruiting

Justin Wells•about 1 hour

Article written by:Justin Wells

(Justin Wells/Inside Texas)

Longview (Texas) wide receiver Jalen Hale was impressed by Alabama on his official visit two weeks ago. His Texas visit might’ve topped it.

The On3 Consensus No. 54 overall prospect made trips to Tuscaloosa and Austin over the last two weekends. The Texas-Alabama game opened his eyes.

“I see what Texas is building,” said Hale. “I enjoyed my time, the official was good. I really see how Texas moves the ball. That’s all I really needed to see. I know coach Sark can move the ball, he showed me how he’ll use his wide receivers. That was something big.”

Xavier Worthy was Hale’s host, as the Texas receiver and east Texas product have become good friends. Casey Cain and Derrick Brown also helped out during the weekend visit. Watching Quinn Ewers was also a treat. Does Ewers and Arch Manning coming to Texas help the Horns’ cause?

“Most definitely, (Ewers) can spin it,” said Hale. “(Arch) would be my quarterback when Quinn leaves. That’s something big I look into.”

On a night when Longview beat Lufkin, 56-7, Hale snagged six catches, over 100 yards, and one touchdown in front of Texas wide receiver Brennan Marion, who was on-hand for the rivalry.

He’s headed to College Station today for his official visit to Texas A&M this weekend. He wants to see the Aggies offense and how they respond against No. 13 Miami.

Hale is set to announce his decision on Wednesday, September 21st at Longview High School. Inside Texas will be in attendance.

Hale is the No. 54 overall prospect and No. 10 wide receiver in the 2023 cycle, according to the On3 Consensus, a complete and equally weighted industry-generated average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies. He is also the No. 10 player in Texas.

The four-star is announcing his commitment on Sept. 21 and will be choosing between Alabama, Texas and Texas A&M. Following this weekend, Hale will have taken an official visit to each program this fall.

According to the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine, the Crimson Tide are the favorites for Hale’s commitment at 50.7%. However, the Longhorns are close behind at 43%.

How did we bungle that one?

We didn’t bungle anything. Some $9.95ers reported he had interest in Texas and a ton of chucklefucks overreacted and put him in the calculator
How did we bungle that one?

We didn’t bungle anything. Some $9.95ers reported he had interest in Texas and a ton of chucklefucks overreacted and put him in the calculator
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

A double post within one post, kinda impressive

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2022 at 8:30 PM, Teryor said:

Standish on Hale

Reveal hidden contents

10:25 update from Hudson: I had a great conversation with Longview 2023 high four-star WR Jalen Hale following his dominant showing in the Lobo’s largest ever win at Lufkin. Hale was glowing about his official visit to Austin last weekend and said he was extremely encouraged to see Texas move the ball so effectively with Quinn Ewers against the Alabama defense.

Hale said that Texas having a clear pipeline at QB from Ewers to the nation’s No. 1 player Arch Manning made the Horns incredibly appealing to him in addition to Sark’s reputation as a developer of wideouts.

Hale still will make the trip to College Station tomorrow for the Texas A&M game and said the main thing he was looking for was how the offense uses their wide receivers against Miami. The top 100 prospect mentioned that he feels like Texas A&M has talented receivers on the roster, but haven’t been able to get them going so far this season.

Lastly ahead of his September 21st commitment date, Hale said that at the end of the day he’s going to pray about the decision and pick the school where he feels most at home. I’ll have quotes posted from my conversation with Hale later this night or early in the morning.

6c358028fcbbba5a769c0d3ba2cf19ee.png

Update: 5 receptions for 80 yards

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1