Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

14 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

Bag drop or that turd we put on the field in Lubbock?

He was never coming here. The turd in the punch bowl in this case would be K State, but given reports that he told OU he was committing to them the day of his commitment, I doubt K State had any impact either…hence bags for the eleventh hour switch. There’s a long established pattern here. Keep up, or pipe down.

640CD2B4-962F-4BE7-9982-C5A636131C3E.gif

Edited by IDIOTsavant
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

Add Joey McGuire to the list of first-year head coaches who've outcoached Sark with less talent.
Maybe so, but that high school shit doesn't work as well if the game is in DKR. No excuse for the loss, but half our jumping before the snap and offsides doesn't happen without thousands of drunk tortilla tossers.

Let's see how Tceh does on the road never punting before crowning mister dui the latest and greatest coach in cfb
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, RabidM said:

We're fucking snake bitten. If we don't lose out QB to an illegal hit, we're probably undefeated and in the top 10. Instead we have this.  Fuck the world. 

Which is why it's simply unbelievable -- well, not that unbelievable -- that a sizable portion of Surly posters would be OK with firing Sarkisian today if it happened.

• Hook 'Em 6

Interesting that Ketch is basically telling everyone that A&M is dropping bags.  That's been known to anyone with a clue (i.e., despite what the idiots in the national media say A&M did use "NIL" to get the top class of all time) but don't recall seeing$9.95'ers flat out explaining it before.  I'm guessing Sooner mods are finally telling their people the same after this week.   It probably doesn't matter because nobody is ever going to do anything about it but anything to turn the heat up as to what is going on isn't a bad thing.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Interesting that Ketch is basically telling everyone that A&M is dropping bags.  That's been known to anyone with a clue (i.e., despite what the idiots in the national media say A&M did use "NIL" to get the top class of all time) but don't recall seeing$9.95'ers flat out explaining it before.  I'm guessing Sooner mods are finally telling their people the same after this week.   It probably doesn't matter because nobody is ever going to do anything about it but anything to turn the heat up as to what is going on isn't a bad thing.

Can you post article/quotes or video where Ketch said it?

Muhammad was always going to be a wild ride. That one was more like "Texas is the leader on the day he wanted to commit" versus "he's committing to go to Texas".

Hold on to your butts, because we've got several other commits that match that description as well. Including some top favorites of this thread.

2 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Can you post article/quotes or video where Ketch said it?

I mentioned this in the War Room thread, but the issue Texas is having in recruiting right now is that...

a. It is telling guys that they'll be taken care of on the NIL front AFTER they get on campus.
b. The competition is telling the kids recruited and their families that they'll get $$$ before that moment.

It creates a bird in hand vs one in the bush.

One of the reasons that Texas has done so well in the Portal is that Texas has the ability to paint an NIL picture that has immediate payoffs for guys as they transfer in, while in recruiting it is often a case of trying to convince a player to wait 6-12 months, while another school has a bag in their hand ready to rock and roll.

Just another reason why the Portal an area where Texas must succeed and is better set-up at the moment to succeed.

This is the first post in the thread (I got via a buddy, I'll never give those guys a dime).  And don't get me wrong - I'm the biggest Ketch/OB hater there is but unfortunately they drive the narrative for a bunch of online Texas community.  It drove me crazy all these $9.95'ers allow their subscribers to believe Texas was losing out on recruiting the conventional way or, last year, based on "NIL'.  For the first time probably ever I'll give Ketch credit that he's telling all the idiots on that site the truth.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skipper said:

This is the first post in the thread (I got via a buddy, I'll never give those guys a dime).  And don't get me wrong - I'm the biggest Ketch/OB hater there is but unfortunately they drive the narrative for a bunch of online Texas community.  It drove me crazy all these $9.95'ers allow their subscribers to believe Texas was losing out on recruiting the conventional way or, last year, based on "NIL'.  For the first time probably ever I'll give Ketch credit that he's telling all the idiots on that site the truth.

God, I hope Liucci gets wind of it and shoots his mouth off.  He's such a spineless limpdicked halfwit that he could really shine a spotlight on the aggy hivemind.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, tokamak said:

Muhammad was always going to be a wild ride. That one was more like "Texas is the leader on the day he wanted to commit" versus "he's committing to go to Texas".

Hold on to your butts, because we've got several other commits that match that description as well. Including some top favorites of this thread.

What's the point in committing when they do for these guys?    I don't understand the benefit of committing early, and then continuing to OV.   Is there something I'm missing?   

Early commits is a cool idea, but I pretty much take them all with a grain of salt until signing day.  

19 minutes ago, LanceUppercut said:

What's the point in committing when they do for these guys?    I don't understand the benefit of committing early, and then continuing to OV.   Is there something I'm missing?   

Early commits is a cool idea, but I pretty much take them all with a grain of salt until signing day.  

Negotiations.

36 minutes ago, LanceUppercut said:

Saving a spot. Happens all the time. 

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, ousux said:

Maybe so, but that high school shit doesn't work as well if the game is in DKR. No excuse for the loss, but half our jumping before the snap and offsides doesn't happen without thousands of drunk tortilla tossers.

Let's see how Tceh does on the road never punting before crowning mister dui the latest and greatest coach in cfb

Haven't you heard?  All roads run through Lubbutt.

It will be interesting to see how well DUI Mcguire's statement ages.