Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

2 hours ago, Scholz said:

We did that too. We’d get a keg of Keystone or Natural Light or some shit and then fraudulently put a Bud Light keg cap on there to class it up.

We brought in too many people for Tyson-Holyfield I. A brawl broke out the second the fight ended. That was a fun night. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Horndog said:

If Bud Light is classing it up, I'm living in the wrong world. 

At my daughters graduation party we got her neighbor to help out with delivering some tables and all he wanted was a case of natural light.   I told him I would buy a case of anything, but he really wanted natty.   So when I told him that I wouldn’t buy that and that he had to chose something else, he chose michelob.  Surprised he didn’t ask for Salem menthol 100’s to go with that because that’s what my east Texas great aunt would have asked for.  

• Haha 7

3 hours ago, Treefidy said:

At my daughters graduation party we got her neighbor to help out with delivering some tables and all he wanted was a case of natural light.   I told him I would buy a case of anything, but he really wanted natty.   So when I told him that I wouldn’t buy that and that he had to chose something else, he chose michelob.  Surprised he didn’t ask for Salem menthol 100’s to go with that because that’s what my east Texas great aunt would have asked for.  

I would drink Natty Light over michelob or bud light 10/10.  It's not a good beer, at all.  But it is it's own taste, and that taste > BL. 

• Hook 'Em 3

26 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I would drink Natty Light over michelob or bud light 10/10.  It's not a good beer, at all.  But it is it's own taste, and that taste > BL. 

Lowenbrau or GTFO. I always enjoyed the hell out of Michelob and pulling off the gold label, but I drank some pretty unsavory stuff, in retrospect  

• Like 1

Nattie is better than Keystone. Such a weird ride with Keystone. Great batches tasted like apple juice. Good batches tasted like Coors Light. You were guaranteed to find at least one empty can in every 30 pack. 

We had a Icehouse keg at a pledge party with DG back in the day. Shit got weird. One of my pledge brothers slept under a car. Another "meated out" and threw the keg down 4 flights of stairs. 

Icehouse was forbidden after that night. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Nattie is better than Keystone. Such a weird ride with Keystone. Great batches tasted like apple juice. Good batches tasted like Coors Light. You were guaranteed to find at least one empty can in every 30 pack. 

We had a Icehouse keg at a pledge party with DG back in the day. Shit got weird. One of my pledge brothers slept under a car. Another "meated out" and threw the keg down 4 flights of stairs. 

Icehouse was forbidden after that night. 

IIRC, both Icehouse and Bud Ice had a surprisingly high alcohol content?

53 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

If I recall correctly, DGs often had high alcohol content as well.

51 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Correct. They were good times. It remains the only time I've seen women do keg stands in dresses. 

Yeah DG's do like to party...

67ec1ae4d9869f4b44479c997b4df9c9.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 2

38 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I can put 8 popular beer cans into paper bags, and not one of you will be able to pick out which one is your supposed favorite. 

Maybe you pussies who drink beer part time couldn't tell the difference, but us full time, borderline alcoholic, beer drinkers most certainly could. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I can put 8 popular beer cans into paper bags, and not one of you will be able to pick out which one is your supposed favorite. 

You’re contention is that popular beers taste the same?  I bet more people would get that correct than if you took 8 shitty hipster microbrews and asked them to identify each. I mean, there’s a type of person who would get it, but most of us don’t twist up our mustache, cuff our jeans, and wear suspenders ironically. You do you though. 

48 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You’re contention is that popular beers taste the same?  I bet more people would get that correct than if you took 8 shitty hipster microbrews and asked them to identify each. I mean, there’s a type of person who would get it, but most of us don’t twist up our mustache, cuff our jeans, and wear suspenders ironically. You do you though. 

I think this username might check out..

• Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 7:32 AM, Napoleon said:

Andy Kim, the Canadian legend of swarthy descent, was (/is?) a genius.

It’s okay to love bubble gum music.

Andy Kim merely covered Sugar Sugar.  The lead singer on it was Ron Dante, a professional voice for hire.  He also sang lead on this:  

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I think this username might check out..

It does.  But most can do the same with cheap whiskeys.  Jack is different than Jim and is different than crown. It’s all cheap shit that all tastes different.  I just didn’t get the flex.   Things taste different, coverage at 10.