Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

I know there's some former advertising majors here.  Remember Dr. Murphy's taste test?  He had three different colas and he'd call some kid from the stage to taste the difference.  The guy that went up in my class nailed it. Dr. Murphy said that was unusual.

Not really. Pepsi is sweeter than coke. If the third is a diet, then it is easy. If the third is RC, then yeah, it probably muddies the water. One kind of cool experiment is to block your nose and taste an onion. It tastes like an apple. Most of a person’s sense of taste is actually smell.

I see ctj posted while I was typing so hopefully we are done for the moment with filler.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Ever drink a beer in shower or is that just us alcoholics

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Shower beers are goated. A true Friday ritual for me along with some 80s tunes from the sonos

1 minute ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Question-raise-hand GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Shower beers are the best beers.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Does Duce have a timeline?  How late can he realistically push his timeline out to?  

Major league draft is mid-July. Fall camp sometime in August. 

Is it reasonable to push it that long? Don’t know. Will UGA have a spot for him? Almost certainly, I’d think. 

35 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Does Duce have a timeline?  How late can he realistically push his timeline out to?  

Technically the signing period ends on 4/1/23, but after that he can just come to school as long as he's accepted by the university. At some point he'll need to sign scholarship papers if he doesn't want to pay.

Which creates an interesting question. Could he never sign a NLI, still attend and play for Texas, but next year decide to go play someplace else? If he is essentially a walk-on is he bound by ncaa rules when it comes to transferring? I honestly don't know the answer to that? 

7 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Technically the signing period ends on 4/1/23, but after that he can just come to school as long as he's accepted by the university. At some point he'll need to sign scholarship papers if he doesn't want to pay.

Which creates an interesting question. Could he never sign a NLI, still attend and play for Texas, but next year decide to go play someplace else? If he is essentially a walk-on is he bound by ncaa rules when it comes to transferring? I honestly don't know the answer to that? 

Baker Mayfield says “Hi!”

NCAA passed a rule in 2019 called:

the ‘Baker Mayfield Rule‘ as well. This approval from the NCAA allows walk-ons to transfer and play immediately for another school without a waiver, a sharp contrast to the saga the Heisman winner went through when he moved from Texas Tech to Oklahoma a few years ago.

So, I think he would be free to transfer any season, multiple(?) seasons.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Like Miller High Life, which uses gelatin made from ground up hog hooves as filler?

Urban myth

"MillerCoors does not use any animal by-products in our brewing process, nor are there any animal sources used in our packaging. Isinglass is not used in our brewing. There are five basic ingredients in all MillerCoors products. These include pure water, malted barley, corn syrup, hops, and yeast. Corn syrup is one of the basic ingredients used in most MillerCoors products as US consumers prefer its taste. Again, we do not use animal derived ingredients in our beer...

"The corn we use to make several of our beers may contain GMO due its prevalence in the U.S. corn supply chain, however, we regularly test our finished products and have never found detectable amounts of GMO in our beers."

https://www.barnivore.com/products/12921-miller-high-life

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Am I the only one here who drinks tan and blacks?

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

I’ve had a black & tan

I was going to ask if they were the same thing. I used to love drinking Black & Tan's.

Man, this has me craving a Bass Ale. Loved that stuff.

• Hook 'Em 2