Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

More IT on Arch Manning

Spoiler

When football season is over, Arch Manning doesn’t stop. He’s a competitor who plays basketball, runs track and field, and can be found on the golf course.

On3’s No. 1 overall prospect for 2023 is really enjoying playing sports other than football. He’s an active kid that relishes the competition, loves just being a teammate, and might be better at golf than any other sport outside football.

“Scratch golfer,” per New Orleans (La.) Isidore Newman head coach Nelson Stewart.

He doesn’t have any visits scheduled at this moment, but that could change. Texas and coach AJ Milwee spoke to Manning recently, and the Horns are trying to get the New Orleans born signal-caller on campus for Junior Day. However, he has a basketball game that Friday so it might be too difficult.

Instead, Manning is looking at spring visits where he can map out his destinations, watch college practices, and potentially sit-in during team and practice meetings. One thing hasn’t changed and that’s Texas’ and Steve Sarkisian’s message to the 6-foot-4, 225-pounder. Sarkisian and his staff remain the most consistent and authentic of his suitors.

More have joined the mix. Michigan, Stanford, and Oklahoma have offered recently, and all are clamoring for a visit from the quarterback legacy.

Jim Harbaugh loves Manning’s makeup. David Shaw came through and would love to see Manning visit Palo Alto. And Oklahoma joined the mix with new offensive coordinator Jeff Lebby, who Manning is used to from his days as the Ole Miss OC.

Which schools are still in the mix?

“Texas, Georgia, Alabama, Ole Miss, and Clemson,” Stewart said.

His timeline remains fluid, and the Mannings will continue this process in the most professional and pragmatic way possible.

image.thumb.png.4cc3d5da1b7f1608ab522dbc564f5c67.png

image.thumb.png.81fca10bcd89dd3f698ff98b06d22267.png

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Arch can't be watching this game thinking this is where QBs go to develop

Georgia is gonna some extra momentum this cycle. Hopefully they try to push Arch to commit early to really get things going.

Edited by Atticus

We are fortunate to be done with '22 recruiting for the most part, so this staff can really get after it with the '23 class. I believe this will be a top 3 class especially if Arch jumps in the boat. We are sitting in a good spot with a lot of guys in state and im excited to see what Choice and Marion can do on the trail. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

We are fortunate to be done with '22 recruiting for the most part, so this staff can really get after it with the '23 class. I believe this will be a top 3 class especially if Arch jumps in the boat. We are sitting in a good spot with a lot of guys in state and im excited to see what Choice and Marion can do on the trail. 

realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly interested to see if QE impacts Arch at all - or have I missed some quotes about it from him/his crew?

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly interested to see if QE impacts Arch at all - or have I missed some quotes about it from him/his crew?

He's 2 years behind Ewers and their family is smart enough to realize he's going to go somewhere with other high profile recruits. Ewers being here for a full year before Manning arrives should help from the perspective of other pieces (OL, WR) being on campus and experienced by the time he gets here. Should meaning there's always chance that a Texas staff blows it. 

7 minutes ago, NoName said:

Everyone else seriously in the mix for Manning has a QB situation basically the same or worse than our own. At Bama he would be fighting a SO Ty Simpson for the starting job as a true FR or else waiting two years behind him. Georgia has the same situation as us (Vandergriff on same clock as Ewers) with him just likely having to wait one season. Manning family and those around them have consistently implied they are fine with and perhaps even prefer he sit that first year. I still fully expect he lands at Georgia but QB situation shouldn't be a significant factor either way. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 1/11/2022 at 8:54 AM, Huckleberry said:

He's 2 years behind Ewers and their family is smart enough to realize he's going to go somewhere with other high profile recruits. Ewers being here for a full year before Manning arrives should help from the perspective of other pieces (OL, WR) being on campus and experienced by the time he gets here. Should meaning there's always chance that a Texas staff blows it. 

agree but remember, there is an easy answer to this.  just promise manning he will be the only QB for 2 classes.  chess.

Heat Check: Looking at which prospects Texas has made progress with in 2023 class
NICK HARRIS

Spoiler

Heat Check: Looking at which prospects Texas has made progress with in 2023 class
NICK HARRIS

The 2023 class is preparing to take center stage following National Signing Day on Feb. 2, but the cycle has already begun to pick up steam leading into the spring.

With Texas' Junior Day on the horizon, the Longhorns have already put themselves in good standing with multiple targets. After signing a large 2022 class with a good number of top targets sprinkled in, Texas has the luxury of being a little picky in a 2023 class that has large talent groups in-state at wide receiver, running back, and defensive line.

After a 5-7 season, the ability to recruit top talent may become a bit tougher, but the Texas staff has continued to preach about the process that Steve Sarkisian is enacting going into year two in Austin.

In this article, we will take a look at which prospects Texas is slated as "warm" for going into the spring, indicating which prospects have the Longhorns in their top groupings at this point in their recruitments. In addition, we will also add a Crystal Ball Prediction for a 2023 target going into the spring.

Arch Manning, Quarterback, New Orleans (La.) Isidore Newman

Warm schools: Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Ole Miss, Texas

Manning remains the top target in the 2023 class for Steve Sarkisian and his staff, and it is for obvious good reason. Manning has taken multiple visits to Austin and could make one more swing through his top schools before making a decision. The latest intel indicates that a late spring or summer decision is the most realistic possibility. Georgia and Ole Miss remain the chief contenders along with Texas, although both the Rebels and Bulldogs will have to replace their primary recruiters on Manning going into the spring after Jeff Lebby's departure to Oklahoma and Cortez Hankton's departure to LSU.

David Hicks, Defensive Line, Allen (Texas)

Warm schools: Clemson, LSU, Notre Dame, Texas, Texas A&M

While Texas was thought of as a favorite about a year ago in this recruitment, the Longhorns have slid more towards the bottom of this top grouping as his recruitment has developed. That doesn't necessarily mean that the Longhorns are out of it, just that Bo Davis and Pete Kwiatkowski have some work to do to catch up with the likes of Texas A&M and Clemson. I expect a spring visit to Texas from Hicks. Expect Texas to try and gain back that momentum then.

Rueben Owens, Running Back, El Campo (Texas)

Warm schools: Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Texas A&M, USC

The hiring of Tashard Choice has kept Texas in the pole position of this recruitment, but Georgia's recent momentum combined with a National Championship has the Bulldogs surging into the No. 2 spot. Owens will be in Athens at the end of the month for Georgia's Junior Day, and plans to return to Texas later in the spring. I still see the Longhorns as the team to beat until I'm given a reason to think differently.

Javien Toviano, Cornerback, Arlington (Texas) Martin

Warm schools: Alabama, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Texas A&M

Different schools have trended in this recruitment at different times, but Texas has remained in the top grouping. While I think Oregon and Texas A&M are ahead of the pack, official visits will help determine a lot this offseason.

Johntay Cook II, Wide Receiver, DeSoto (Texas)

Warm schools: Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M

Few 2023 targets have visited Texas as much as Johntay Cook, but the Longhorns will have to continue to push to earn his commitment down the line. He has emphasized that he doesn't plan to rush a commitment, but given his wild-card nature anything could happen at any given time. While I think Cook is a bit more predictable, this recruitment could reflect the events of the Evan Stewart recruitment.

Jaquaize Pettaway, Wide Receiver, Cypress (Texas) Langham Creek

Warm schools: Florida, LSU, Texas, Texas A&M

Pettaway doesn't relay a ton, but early indications suggest that this recruitment is one Texas is in. Pettaway hasn't been able to take a ton of visits up to this point in his recruitment, but Alabama, Texas, and Texas A&M are spots he has seen. He plans on seeing LSU and Florida this offseason before his official visit run. This is one that has a lot of developing left to do, as I'd be surprised to see anything happen before the summer at the earliest.

Dalton Brooks, Athlete, Shiner (Texas)

Warm schools: Alabama, Notre Dame, Penn State, Texas, Texas A&M

Amidst a junior season that saw Brooks put up big statistical numbers, his recruitment began to go national as schools like Alabama, Notre Dame, Penn State and Michigan became more involved. Brooks is reserving his out-of-state trips for a select few, with Notre Dame already landing one last fall. Brooks has stated his intentions of seeing Penn State and Alabama as well. I will be watching closely to see if Texas or Texas A&M can secure an official visit with out-of-state programs pushing, and to see where his older brother Douglas ends up on Feb. 2.

Harris Sewell, Offensive Line, Odessa (Texas) Permian

Warm schools: Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, Texas, Texas A&M

Another recruit that keeps things close to the vest, Sewell's actions speak more towards his thought process, and Texas will host the No. 1 in-state offensive lineman for the third time on Junior Day. Sewell will then take a trip to Clemson the following weekend. I like where Texas sits here, but there is a lot to develop still with Notre Dame, Alabama, and Texas A&M all expected to land spring visits as well.

Jaden Greathouse, Wide Receiver, Austin (Texas) Westlake

Warm schools: Texas

Greathouse was in the building for almost every Texas home game in the fall and will be in attendance at Junior Day at the end of the month. If Texas pushes for his commitment, this is one that would be relatively easy to close. Notre Dame has recently offered and Oklahoma has been a topic of conversation in the past, but Texas is the team to beat at this point.

Ryan Yaites, Safety, Denton (Texas) Guyer

Warm schools: Michigan State, Notre Dame, Ole Miss, Texas

Following Yaites' summer visit to Texas, he told reporters that no visit was as great as the one he took in Austin. That being said, Notre Dame and Ole Miss have proved to be stiff contenders and Michigan State is coming into the picture as well. Spring visits will help determine a lot.

Olaus Alinen, Offensive Line, Windsor (Conn.) Loomis Chaffee School

Favorite: Alabama

Warm schools: Florida, Miami, Ohio State, Stanford, Texas, USC

Relying on our reporters in the northeast, the Finland-native Alinen has spoken highly of Texas and Kyle Flood in the past, but Alabama appears to be the school to beat at this point. The next step for Texas would be getting him on campus for a visit this spring.

Micah Bell, Athlete, Houston Kinkaid

Warm schools: Michigan, Tennessee, Texas

While his recruitment remains in its early stages with new schools continuing to come in, I see Texas and Michigan weathering the storm through the spring and landing official visits on the other end. Tennessee is a school to watch as well along with whatever school his older brother Dillon Bell lands at on Feb. 2.

Isaiah Robinson, Offensive Line, Arlington (Texas) Lamar

Warm schools: Miami, Texas, USC

If Robinson decides to stay in-state, Texas will have the inside track to landing the big tackle out of DFW, but USC and Miami will make that difficult. The Trojans have been a school of intrigue for Robinson going back to the previous staff, and with Lincoln Riley and Josh Henson in Los Angeles, the intrigue becomes that much higher. Texas will have him on campus for Junior Day next weekend.

Ashton Cozart, Wide Receiver, Flower Mound (Texas) Marcus

Warm schools: Florida, Miami, Oklahoma, TCU, Texas

Oklahoma was in prime position to land Cozart's commitment on the day Lincoln Riley departed for USC, but things were forced to slow down as a result. I still see the Sooners as the team to beat with TCU trailing behind. Getting Cozart on campus is the next step in getting Texas back into the race.

Ashton Porter, Defensive Line, Cypress (Texas) Ranch

Warm schools: Arkansas, Baylor, Texas

Porter has had nothing but positive things to say about Bo Davis and Texas during his recruitment, as he will be making a return trip to Austin for Junior Day next weekend. The momentum that Texas has built in this recruitment indicates an impending commitment which has led me to enter a Crystal Ball Prediction with a confidence score of six. It wouldn't entirely surprise me to see Porter lock it down on the visit next weekend, but this is one I could see play out over the next couple of months.

Lafayette Kaiuway, Tight End, Arlington (Texas) Sam Houston

Warm schools: Baylor, TCU, Texas

Jeff Banks highlighted Kaiuway early on as a premier tight end target in a 2023 class where a spot in that position group is necessary, and the interest has been reciprocated from him and his family. I'm close to a Crystal Ball here, but am waiting for a few more things to develop such as a growing interest in Alabama and Auburn, both of whom have been in contact.

Chris Palfreeman, Wide Receiver, Fort Worth All Saints Episcopal

Warm schools: Arkansas, Baylor, Texas, Texas A&M

The speedy wide receiver out of DFW has continued to hold a high interest level in Texas as he enters the closing phases of his recruitment. Having already posted a top five, this is a recruitment that I could see wind down in the spring. However, with a loaded receiver group in-state in this class, schools in his top grouping may be picky moving forward.

Vernon Glover Jr., Cornerback, Dickinson (Texas)

Warm schools: Texas, Texas A&M

In what is shaping up to be an in-state power battle, Texas has held the upper hand since offering Glover. The Longhorns along with Texas A&M are destinations Glover plans on seeing in an official capacity this offseason.

TayShawn Wilson, Cornerback, Katy (Texas) Mayde Creek

Warm schools: Baylor, Houston, Texas

After initially stating that he had planned on locking down a commitment by the end of January, Wilson has rethought his process and slowed it down a bit heading into the spring. In-state schools such as Baylor, Houston and Texas continue to make the most noise. He will be in attendance at Junior Day next weekend.

14 hours ago, Getafix said:

NICK HARRIS

Reveal hidden contents

NICK HARRIS

The 2023 class is preparing to take center stage following National Signing Day on Feb. 2, but the cycle has already begun to pick up steam leading into the spring.

With Texas' Junior Day on the horizon, the Longhorns have already put themselves in good standing with multiple targets. After signing a large 2022 class with a good number of top targets sprinkled in, Texas has the luxury of being a little picky in a 2023 class that has large talent groups in-state at wide receiver, running back, and defensive line.

After a 5-7 season, the ability to recruit top talent may become a bit tougher, but the Texas staff has continued to preach about the process that Steve Sarkisian is enacting going into year two in Austin.

In this article, we will take a look at which prospects Texas is slated as "warm" for going into the spring, indicating which prospects have the Longhorns in their top groupings at this point in their recruitments. In addition, we will also add a Crystal Ball Prediction for a 2023 target going into the spring.

Arch Manning, Quarterback, New Orleans (La.) Isidore Newman

Warm schools: Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Ole Miss, Texas

Manning remains the top target in the 2023 class for Steve Sarkisian and his staff, and it is for obvious good reason. Manning has taken multiple visits to Austin and could make one more swing through his top schools before making a decision. The latest intel indicates that a late spring or summer decision is the most realistic possibility. Georgia and Ole Miss remain the chief contenders along with Texas, although both the Rebels and Bulldogs will have to replace their primary recruiters on Manning going into the spring after Jeff Lebby's departure to Oklahoma and Cortez Hankton's departure to LSU.

David Hicks, Defensive Line, Allen (Texas)

Warm schools: Clemson, LSU, Notre Dame, Texas, Texas A&M

While Texas was thought of as a favorite about a year ago in this recruitment, the Longhorns have slid more towards the bottom of this top grouping as his recruitment has developed. That doesn't necessarily mean that the Longhorns are out of it, just that Bo Davis and Pete Kwiatkowski have some work to do to catch up with the likes of Texas A&M and Clemson. I expect a spring visit to Texas from Hicks. Expect Texas to try and gain back that momentum then.

Rueben Owens, Running Back, El Campo (Texas)

Warm schools: Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Texas A&M, USC

The hiring of Tashard Choice has kept Texas in the pole position of this recruitment, but Georgia's recent momentum combined with a National Championship has the Bulldogs surging into the No. 2 spot. Owens will be in Athens at the end of the month for Georgia's Junior Day, and plans to return to Texas later in the spring. I still see the Longhorns as the team to beat until I'm given a reason to think differently.

Javien Toviano, Cornerback, Arlington (Texas) Martin

Warm schools: Alabama, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Texas A&M

Different schools have trended in this recruitment at different times, but Texas has remained in the top grouping. While I think Oregon and Texas A&M are ahead of the pack, official visits will help determine a lot this offseason.

Johntay Cook II, Wide Receiver, DeSoto (Texas)

Warm schools: Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M

Few 2023 targets have visited Texas as much as Johntay Cook, but the Longhorns will have to continue to push to earn his commitment down the line. He has emphasized that he doesn't plan to rush a commitment, but given his wild-card nature anything could happen at any given time. While I think Cook is a bit more predictable, this recruitment could reflect the events of the Evan Stewart recruitment.

Jaquaize Pettaway, Wide Receiver, Cypress (Texas) Langham Creek

Warm schools: Florida, LSU, Texas, Texas A&M

Pettaway doesn't relay a ton, but early indications suggest that this recruitment is one Texas is in. Pettaway hasn't been able to take a ton of visits up to this point in his recruitment, but Alabama, Texas, and Texas A&M are spots he has seen. He plans on seeing LSU and Florida this offseason before his official visit run. This is one that has a lot of developing left to do, as I'd be surprised to see anything happen before the summer at the earliest.

Dalton Brooks, Athlete, Shiner (Texas)

Warm schools: Alabama, Notre Dame, Penn State, Texas, Texas A&M

Amidst a junior season that saw Brooks put up big statistical numbers, his recruitment began to go national as schools like Alabama, Notre Dame, Penn State and Michigan became more involved. Brooks is reserving his out-of-state trips for a select few, with Notre Dame already landing one last fall. Brooks has stated his intentions of seeing Penn State and Alabama as well. I will be watching closely to see if Texas or Texas A&M can secure an official visit with out-of-state programs pushing, and to see where his older brother Douglas ends up on Feb. 2.

Harris Sewell, Offensive Line, Odessa (Texas) Permian

Warm schools: Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, Texas, Texas A&M

Another recruit that keeps things close to the vest, Sewell's actions speak more towards his thought process, and Texas will host the No. 1 in-state offensive lineman for the third time on Junior Day. Sewell will then take a trip to Clemson the following weekend. I like where Texas sits here, but there is a lot to develop still with Notre Dame, Alabama, and Texas A&M all expected to land spring visits as well.

Jaden Greathouse, Wide Receiver, Austin (Texas) Westlake

Warm schools: Texas

Greathouse was in the building for almost every Texas home game in the fall and will be in attendance at Junior Day at the end of the month. If Texas pushes for his commitment, this is one that would be relatively easy to close. Notre Dame has recently offered and Oklahoma has been a topic of conversation in the past, but Texas is the team to beat at this point.

Ryan Yaites, Safety, Denton (Texas) Guyer

Warm schools: Michigan State, Notre Dame, Ole Miss, Texas

Following Yaites' summer visit to Texas, he told reporters that no visit was as great as the one he took in Austin. That being said, Notre Dame and Ole Miss have proved to be stiff contenders and Michigan State is coming into the picture as well. Spring visits will help determine a lot.

Olaus Alinen, Offensive Line, Windsor (Conn.) Loomis Chaffee School

Favorite: Alabama

Warm schools: Florida, Miami, Ohio State, Stanford, Texas, USC

Relying on our reporters in the northeast, the Finland-native Alinen has spoken highly of Texas and Kyle Flood in the past, but Alabama appears to be the school to beat at this point. The next step for Texas would be getting him on campus for a visit this spring.

Micah Bell, Athlete, Houston Kinkaid

Warm schools: Michigan, Tennessee, Texas

While his recruitment remains in its early stages with new schools continuing to come in, I see Texas and Michigan weathering the storm through the spring and landing official visits on the other end. Tennessee is a school to watch as well along with whatever school his older brother Dillon Bell lands at on Feb. 2.

Isaiah Robinson, Offensive Line, Arlington (Texas) Lamar

Warm schools: Miami, Texas, USC

If Robinson decides to stay in-state, Texas will have the inside track to landing the big tackle out of DFW, but USC and Miami will make that difficult. The Trojans have been a school of intrigue for Robinson going back to the previous staff, and with Lincoln Riley and Josh Henson in Los Angeles, the intrigue becomes that much higher. Texas will have him on campus for Junior Day next weekend.

Ashton Cozart, Wide Receiver, Flower Mound (Texas) Marcus

Warm schools: Florida, Miami, Oklahoma, TCU, Texas

Oklahoma was in prime position to land Cozart's commitment on the day Lincoln Riley departed for USC, but things were forced to slow down as a result. I still see the Sooners as the team to beat with TCU trailing behind. Getting Cozart on campus is the next step in getting Texas back into the race.

Ashton Porter, Defensive Line, Cypress (Texas) Ranch

Warm schools: Arkansas, Baylor, Texas

Porter has had nothing but positive things to say about Bo Davis and Texas during his recruitment, as he will be making a return trip to Austin for Junior Day next weekend. The momentum that Texas has built in this recruitment indicates an impending commitment which has led me to enter a Crystal Ball Prediction with a confidence score of six. It wouldn't entirely surprise me to see Porter lock it down on the visit next weekend, but this is one I could see play out over the next couple of months.

Lafayette Kaiuway, Tight End, Arlington (Texas) Sam Houston

Warm schools: Baylor, TCU, Texas

Jeff Banks highlighted Kaiuway early on as a premier tight end target in a 2023 class where a spot in that position group is necessary, and the interest has been reciprocated from him and his family. I'm close to a Crystal Ball here, but am waiting for a few more things to develop such as a growing interest in Alabama and Auburn, both of whom have been in contact.

Chris Palfreeman, Wide Receiver, Fort Worth All Saints Episcopal

Warm schools: Arkansas, Baylor, Texas, Texas A&M

The speedy wide receiver out of DFW has continued to hold a high interest level in Texas as he enters the closing phases of his recruitment. Having already posted a top five, this is a recruitment that I could see wind down in the spring. However, with a loaded receiver group in-state in this class, schools in his top grouping may be picky moving forward.

Vernon Glover Jr., Cornerback, Dickinson (Texas)

Warm schools: Texas, Texas A&M

In what is shaping up to be an in-state power battle, Texas has held the upper hand since offering Glover. The Longhorns along with Texas A&M are destinations Glover plans on seeing in an official capacity this offseason.

TayShawn Wilson, Cornerback, Katy (Texas) Mayde Creek

Warm schools: Baylor, Houston, Texas

After initially stating that he had planned on locking down a commitment by the end of January, Wilson has rethought his process and slowed it down a bit heading into the spring. In-state schools such as Baylor, Houston and Texas continue to make the most noise. He will be in attendance at Junior Day next weekend.

That Johntay Cook note sucks. I'm becoming more and more convinced about Margin Hooks' impact on his pupils' recruitments. Every single one this cycle has been topsy-turvy 

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

notdavidcutcliffe;dr

Sources: Newman bringing in new offensive coordinator for Arch Manning's senior season

Sources tell FootballScoop Isidore Newman High School head coach Nelson Stewart is planning to bring in a new offensive coordinator ahead of Arch Manning's senior season. 

Arkansas State offensive assistant Logan Kilgore, who was briefly on the New Orleans Saints' roster, is expected to join Stewart's staff as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach sources share with FootballScoop. Kilgore, who was a star quarterback at Middle Tennessee, was an undrafted rookie signed by the Saints following the 2014 draft. His stint with the Saints lasted into September of that season. 

Kilgore would go on to play in the CFL from 2015-19 with the Toronto Argonauts, the Hamilton Tiger Cats and the Edmonton Eskimos. 

This past season was Kilgore's first with A-State. 

At Newman, Kilgore will be working with one of the premier talents in the country, the consensus #1 prospect Arch Manning. 

Newman is well known for producing some of the top football related talent in the country including a bevy of Mannings, Odell Beckham Jr, "the Reyna kid" who went to Princeton, as well as a number of prodigious offensive linemen from the early 90s including (but certainly not limited to) current head coach Nelson Stewart, Mark "Schnauz" Stich, and "All State" Peyton Bush.

With Kilgore and Stewart working together let's all hope the Greenies can surpass the glory days of success that group playing together in the early 90s produced. 

54 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

That Johntay Cook note sucks. I'm becoming more and more convinced about Margin Hooks' impact on his pupils' recruitments. Every single one this cycle has been topsy-turvy 

Yep. Cook is this year's dude that all our $9.95ers are putting in the calculator for months and then he commits to aggy "out of the blue".

30 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Yep. Cook is this year's dude that all our $9.95ers are putting in the calculator for months and then he commits to aggy "out of the blue".

3 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Cook feels like he's gonna end up at A$M with an "out of the blue" visit and shut-down commitment.

Y'all can say that again.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Idk if that would be good or bad. I'd almost rather have him stay with the knowledge that he'll be gone soon and the replacement is a total unknown.

Relationships and stability. It’s a positive unless they have a positive preexisting relationship with the new guy