Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

If the dude is only working a 58 hour week, he needs to be fired right now. I mean right now. 
Regarding the chopper, just like the planes, the oft-incorrectly hated on boosters will give access to such things for this kind of stuff all of the time. I have a friend with a helicopter and 2 turbo-prop planes. He does wel but he’s not a BMD level guy. He loves UT but he’s not a booster or anything. Anyway, he does work for good causes or things he believes in with those 3 vehicles whenever he’s asked. I imagine it’s even easier for the BMDs since they can also write elements of it off. 

Those “vehicles” need to be operated and those pilots need to fly. That’s one main reason rich fuckers contribute to life flight, etc.
  • Hook 'Em 1

That freakin’ kid is so big, he literally lines up in the backfield every play, I’m not even making a joke. Can’t run jet sweep or you’d trip over him. Seems to have a mean streak as he bullies poor HS kids all over the field. It will be interesting to see if he can maintain that physical nature when the competition improves and somewhat matches his size. But he will likely always be bigger than anyone he faces.

7 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Eh, I looked at Stroh’s tape again and I oversold the mean streak… he’s just bigger and is able to push kids around fairly easily. 

He doesn't quite have the feet that Cam does, but he suffers from the same issue that Cam has. He basically stands straight up and then people bounce off of him. He does have good hands, although I think he uses them a bit too much. He tries to be a dancing bear instead of just road grading people. But there is a lot to work with and Flood could turn him into a monster. 

5 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

A&M gonna drop the same bags this class too? Any idea what the dynamics are early? I think CTJ knew what was up in January last year, just curious. 

I *assume* we won’t go 5-7 with a loss to Kansas but anything’s possible. 

You know what they say about assuming on Surly…

We’re all already giant assholes, so stop assuming things, you dumb bitch. 

4 hours ago, RollingPresidential said:

A&M gonna drop the same bags this class too? Any idea what the dynamics are early? I think CTJ knew what was up in January last year, just curious. 

I *assume* we won’t go 5-7 with a loss to Kansas but anything’s possible. 

My guys have been slammed and I've been pretty busy, but I am hoping to catch up with friends this week. If I hear anything worth posting, you'll know it.

That said, just my going view on this stuff has been that the bag game diminishment has already begun. There will be more of it this cycle but the incentives are already tipping in the NIL direction for everyone but the dirtbag clingers.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2