Ro Jo should starts

Zavala

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Every time Ingram runs we are leaving yards on the field. Pull him 

I honestly think the coaches mess him up with saying he's too impatient and needs to wait for holes to show up. Watson last season hit holes fast and was better up the middle. RJ hasn't been corrupted by it yet. Sure, there are times when waiting for blocks to develop is the way, but it wasn't tonight. Not with a D like LSU's.

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

I worry about ball security since he's new to the position, but he reads holes well and hits them and tends to fall forward for an extra yard.  I like him.

He picks up blitzes like a senior, and not one of those pre-Madonnas who thinks blocking is for scrubs. Dude is straight baller all the way around. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

I honestly think the coaches mess him up with saying he's too impatient and needs to wait for holes to show up. Watson last season hit holes fast and was better up the middle. RJ hasn't been corrupted by it yet. Sure, there are times when waiting for blocks to develop is the way, but it wasn't tonight. Not with a D like LSU's.

Ingram fucks himself because he doesn't trust the hole will be there, nothing about being corrupted

Shug is a dog, he's always displayed the kind of poise and maturity you want in a player. He provided the spark for the offense at the beginning of the second half. He's one of those guys that will just fucking make a play if you put the ball in his hands. He was good in blitz pickup too. 

1 minute ago, Sock Monkey said:

I want to give Ingram the benefit of the doubt that his knee may be bothering him, and I don't want to disregard his potential. But damn, RJ is really impressive. If I were Tom, I'd be really tempted to permanently move him to RB.

I have no idea what kind of passer he is but I've heard that he was very much a work in progress there, but he is already a complete running back and that would most likely be where his NFL future would lie. 

2 minutes ago, Sock Monkey said:

I want to give Ingram the benefit of the doubt that his knee may be bothering him, and I don't want to disregard his potential. But damn, RJ is really impressive. If I were Tom, I'd be really tempted to permanently move him to RB.

Ingram has shown some flashes here and there, bum knee or no, and he has put on good weight. 

4 minutes ago, Sock Monkey said:

He hasn’t looked out of place. Idk what happened to Ingram today. Maybe he just had a stinker, but I’m far from giving up on him like a surprising Mount of ppp on here. 

• Like 1

Ingram looked to be in his own head tonight.  The missed TD and then the fumble not too much later.  RB is still our biggest weakness in my opinion and the injuries have inflamed the problem.  If our program were truly healthy, we would have a junior RB getting the bulk of the work with a junior or sophomore backup.  Freshmen would only play in spurts to give a breather, and hopefully be difference makers.

hopefully that is what we will have next year

Ingram needs some slump busters (like Rice) to build some confidence 

Edited by jinx

He’s probably not healthy, and he was in his head after that drop. Roshon is a gamer. I don’t think I’d start him, but I’d get some more snaps for him. He runs hard and decisive. He’s pretty solid in blitz pickup. I’d like to see him try a RB pass.

I don't care who starts, I just want him to get significant playing time.  He has that nose for the first down market that David Thomas had.  He certainly looks like a running back to me.

If Ingram has a confidence issue, he needs a chance to work through it, and Rice could be just what the doctor ordered.  We're gonna need both of those guys going forward.

• Like 1