Ro Jo should starts

Zavala

On 9/26/2019 at 3:22 AM, ousux said:

Ingram at full health is someone you definitely want toting the rock for the Horns, and Rojo being a nice surprise doesn't diminish that fact.

I watched Ingram take over a state championship game where it looked early on his team was going to get blown out. Kid started shredding a disciplined and well coached Abilene Wylie defense. He showed some of that in limited play last year, and especially against Okie Lite.

I don't know about Ingram's health, but he is not anywhere near the guy you describe, so yeah, Rojo does diminish your "fact".

Like my buddy said, KI's first move after handoff is to stop.

Every goddamn time.

RoJo and KI are averaging 4.9 and 4.7 ypc respectively this season. Last week it was Ingram who played better (114 yds & 5.4 ypc vs. 30 yds & 3.3 ypc). People saying we cant move the ball with Ingram I guess didnt watch the OSU game last week. Bunch of reactionary fucks on this site. Rojo is learning the position and KI is likely nowhere close to 100%. I'm just glad we still have to viable options right now.

1 minute ago, Jkwellborn said:

A couple of the plays Ingram got stopped on involved Angilau trying to reach the guy in front of him and he never came close.

Their DT Sills was eating our interior line alive. So naturally we doubled down on running at him. And we basically did absolutely nothing to try and mitigate it except more IZ right into it. Herman was being very stubborn yesterday. 

We had numbers time and again to one edge of the defense, and time and again we ran away from it. Some of our bigger runs were to that edge when the RB started inside, and then cut back out when the only edge defender within 10 yards flowed inside with the action of the play.  

RoJo is a more powerful runner who is predominantly N & S. 

Ingram has better body control and agility. 

We weren’t opening gaping holes this game so RoJos N&S style worked better to get 5 yards a pop. 

KI is done no favors by us continuing to give zone read looks with almost zero QB keeps. The announcer talked about the WV coaches selling out on the RB gambling the QB wouldn’t run. They were right. 

if those were true zone read calls Sam would have gotten a poor grade for decision making on keep/hand off decisions 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChickenSandwich said:

RoJo is a more powerful runner who is predominantly N & S. 

Ingram has better body control and agility. 

We weren’t opening gaping holes this game so RoJos N&S style worked better to get 5 yards a pop. 

KI is done no favors by us continuing to give zone read looks with almost zero QB keeps. The announcer talked about the WV coaches selling out on the RB gambling the QB wouldn’t run. They were right. 

if those were true zone read calls Sam would have gotten a poor grade for decision making on keep/hand off decisions 

So that's what you think will happen next week?

One thing that continued to surprise me was how many yards RoJo would pick up after he thought he was going to be tackled. The kid clearly chooses ball security over juking for a few extra yards. He folds his body forward clutching the ball like he’s protecting a newborn baby, but he then somehow gets 4-5 more yards. I can’t tell if this works like a bulldozer effect or if he’s covering up way too early

24 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

One thing that continued to surprise me was how many yards RoJo would pick up after he thought he was going to be tackled. The kid clearly chooses ball security over juking for a few extra yards. He folds his body forward clutching the ball like he’s protecting a newborn baby, but he then somehow gets 4-5 more yards. I can’t tell if this works like a bulldozer effect or if he’s covering up way too early

Runs with his weight forward. Always seems to be about to lose his balance. Will make it hard for him to break a long one

I still think is future position is Duvernay/slot. Great size and strength to do the same things as Dev if he can develop his hands. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

Every run for Ingram went up the middle yesterday. No plays off tackle, sweeps, etc to get Ingram to the outside where he excels. Instead they were running him right into those big DL where he stood and tried to make someone miss instead of running straight ahead. 

Did we watch the same game yesterday?

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

Every run for Ingram went up the middle yesterday. No plays off tackle, sweeps, etc to get Ingram to the outside where he excels. Instead they were running him right into those big DL where he stood and tried to make someone miss instead of running straight ahead. 

they knew Sam wasn't keeping on the zone read which makes that play a complete joke to run 

1 minute ago, hookem48 said:

It would be nice to have a running back who's really gun run is more than 10 yards, that seems to be about the limit for us.

The solution you want is currently murdering middle-schoolers in Arizona. Another guy who should break long runs is playing in Mesquite. 

I don't think we'll see a single RB class again. 

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

So like Ricky Williams, Tony Dorsett or Red Grange basically? Yes, it would be “nice” to have generational talent at RB. Good contribution.

never saw Red play, does he have any eligibility left? maybe graduate transfer?

Runs with his weight forward. Always seems to be about to lose his balance. Will make it hard for him to break a long one

That’s a feature, not a big. His body position maximizes short runs and that’s what moves the chains. Getting 6+ yards on a 2nd down run is what allows us to throw on first down and still be in a position to convert 60% of third downs.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Yep. KI is good. RoJo had it working yesterday and I didn’t understand why we went away from the hot hand at times. RoJo is not the starter and shouldn’t be. He is clearly not in his natural position given he’s 6’2” and looks awkward at times. But it doesn’t matter as he’s a gamer and gains yards. I love the kid. But this place has got to be less reactionary on a game-by-game basis. 

-pass pro

Great

-check down routes

Catches em and gets first downs

-handles contact and gets YAC

Yep, he breaks tackles, is elusive, and falls forward and doesn't try and do too too much and get stripped or hurt.

What's he do awkward? He's literally proved himself equal or better than KI and deserves the start against blowU.

Let Keontay get mad, maybe it's what he needs to overcome whatever issues he's had and ball out. 

There's no tomorrow against OU. If he's hurt and holding back he shouldn't be in. 

• Like 3