Ro Jo should starts

Zavala

The season is halfway done, and we are underachieving in short-yardage situations.  We should have a WAY more successful short-yardage package of plays. 

Why not Roschon at QB K Robinson coming across the formation, Bijan in the backfield, Sanders and Helm (both good blockers and big receiving targets)?  We can force the other team to defend a lot of different places the ball can go (jet sweep, dives, QB keepers/bootlegs, jump passes, old-school option).  Roschon got a scholarship here to play QB, and he can make those throws.

Instead, we're just lining up with Ewers at QB on 4th-and-one and handing it to Bijan.  We're very predictable and we're getting whipped.  Effectively, our short-yardage offense rests on the hope that the back can break a tackle after getting smacked in the backfield.

We've got these claws and these fangs, and we're just staring at them and thinking, "How do I kill this bunny?" 

Roschon needs a statue of him outside of the stadium and a freaking selfless service award named after him moving forward.   Dude could have transferred.  Could have pouted. Could have done anything other than put me anywhere in the field and I’ll dominate at anytime coach. 

seriously a selfless service award in his name would be legit 

He’s going to kill it at the combine.

He bailed us out on that last series with the 2nd effort to get to the sticks to close out the game.   So much heart.  I’ll be very disappointed if he doesn’t get to throw a pass at some point in the season unless it’s traded for more carries around the goal line when Bijan is spent from multiple consecutive carries.   You could see how gassed Bijan was on 3rd and goal, before the 4th down throw to Worthy.  Bijan had nothing left.  Get RoJo in there and let him put his helmet through somebody’s chest.  

• Like 1

Roschon needs a statue of him outside of the stadium and a freaking selfless service award named after him moving forward.   Dude could have transferred.  Could have pouted. Could have done anything other than put me anywhere in the field and I’ll dominate at anytime coach. 

seriously a selfless service award in his name would be legit 

Absolutely agree. And totally serious.

It is great having both of these guys as well as the others to round out the RB unit. I love how we use them both. Probably a Top 5 fav player for me. I love the kid. Hope he has a long NFL career and he (and Bijan) will be stop down viewing for me. 

24 minutes ago, BarthHollamew said:

Get RoJo in there and let him put his helmet through somebody’s chest.  

Or as wordsmith Marshawn Lynch said:

"If you just run through somebody's face, a lot of people ain't going to be able to take that over and over and over and over and over again. They're just not going to want that," Lynch said. "Run through a mother------- face."

• Hook 'Em 1

Listening to Sark's press conf. today, it struck me how much we lose in leadership after this year.  RoJo, Bijan, JWhitt, DMo.  Who steps up to demand others do things the right way?  I can see Sanders.  Hopefully Ewers.  Is X that guy?  Who on defense?  Maybe Murphy & Barron?

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/17/2022 at 9:56 PM, MIkeHoncho said:

Listening to Sark's press conf. today, it struck me how much we lose in leadership after this year.  RoJo, Bijan, JWhitt, DMo.  Who steps up to demand others do things the right way?  I can see Sanders.  Hopefully Ewers.  Is X that guy?  Who on defense?  Maybe Murphy & Barron?

X isn’t that guy I don’t think.  Ewers isn’t vocal like that but leads.  Good question but those always emerge after the others leave but some show signs before but yea no one has so far so who knows.  Let future us worry about that, now us is worrying about if we go 0-5 or 5-0 the rest of the season… 

OL. And that’s a good thing.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 10/17/2022 at 9:56 PM, MIkeHoncho said:

Don’t forget Angilau

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

X isn’t that guy I don’t think.  Ewers isn’t vocal like that but leads.  Good question but those always emerge after the others leave but some show signs before but yea no one has so far so who knows.  Let future us worry about that, now us is worrying about if we go 0-5 or 5-0 the rest of the season… 

I wouldn't worry too much about it. The culture in the young bloods is strong. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/17/2022 at 9:52 PM, Lhorn said:

Or as wordsmith Marshawn Lynch said:

"If you just run through somebody's face, a lot of people ain't going to be able to take that over and over and over and over and over again. They're just not going to want that," Lynch said. "Run through a mother------- face."

Over and over

And over

And over and over and over and over again

Jalen Ford is a candidate
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...

He is my favorite player, hope the injury isn't anything too serious.

He's done so much, anything we've needed but it still seems like he has earned more touches imo.

Yesterday, he ran like 2-3 times in a row, hard runs to get us to goalline. I wish they would have let him take it in rather than bring Bijan in to score. Not that I don't love Bijan, just felt like Roschon had earned the shot to finish and score.

He will be fun to watch on Sunday for sure, any team will be blessed to have him, much respect.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1