Ro Jo should starts

Zavala

9 minutes ago, mdmost said:

He's up there with Fozzy Whittaker for self-less players. Just a great player who brought it every week and did everything that was ever asked of him. 

Absolutely this! Ro Jo will always be a special player. Loved watching him drag 5 defenders for an extra 5 yards every time he did it!

• Hook 'Em 3

29 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Fib9X5KVIAA8JNM?format=jpg&name=large

“That was some Johnson on Johnson crime right there.”

Looked a bit shaky in the 3rd quarter for a bit but the ending was perfect.  Texas putting the game on the shoulders of the two horses who did what they do best.  Don’t know when we’ll see a backfield that looks like this again.

Gonna miss Rojo.  The heart of the team.  Does everything the way it’s supposed to be done, gives more effort than anyone else and bleeds Orange.  Got damn I’m gonna miss him.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

Was some question whether or not Johnson would play today. There obviously was never any question in his mind.

Said it before but we'll miss his locker room presence just as much as his on-the-field performance. Johnson epitomizes what we want a football player, and any athlete, to be at Texas. A leader, and beyond. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

My Reflections

Thread starterroschonsbigbro Start dateToday at 5:09 PM

IT Members Only

1 of 4

Next 

Last

Jump to new

Watch

roschonsbigbro

Today at 5:09 PM

Add bookmark

This isn’t a goodbye post although it will probably read that way at first. I ain’t going nowhere.

First off, I want to thank IT (both the staff and community) for bringing me on the site and welcoming me with open arms and love. Justin got me started with an account and I haven’t looked back. Thanks man. Eric is my guy. A true professional. One day I hope to have a drink with you, man. Bobby, Gerry, Joe, Ian, Paul, all of you are masters of your craft and it’s great to see you guys work in your prime, delivering elite content for a crazy fanbase while maintaining a level of professionalism that other writers on the outside and even the Texas side of things do not.

As far as the community, thank you guys for being awesome. I didn’t grow up a longhorns fan nor did I really watch college football much at all. Through my time here spent with you all here, on Twitter, and in person, I feel like I’ve grown into one. I’m truly invested and plan to continue going to the games long after Shug leaves. Through IT, I became a fan like you guys. Thanks.

Now.

Boy has it been a ride. Shug’s (or Rojo’s) career has been so fun to watch and experience. I’m blessed, man. Im fortunate enough to be in the unique position of being THAT guys brother.

I remember him as a toddler, chasing us (myself and our brother, JJ) in the front yard to try to tackle us. We’d dive at his feet and let him zip around us for scores. I remember when he started flag football. There was a play in which he was chasing a kid 1 on 1 and was nearly about to pull his flag. Then his shoe flew off! Instead of taking the flag and stopping the kid, he turned around and went back for his shoe! TD!

I remember him starting tackle football ball for a local pop Warner squad and meeting a bully in practice. One Oklahoma drill later that kid was on his back crying. I remember him rushing for 1600 yds every season as a Qb in high school. I remember the 10 TD game against Crosby. All the mid county madness games. Becoming PNGs most prolific recruit and Qb ever.

I also remember him going to Texas and being fuckinggg legendary. While it isn’t the route any of us expected, what he achieved during his time in Austin makes me so proud. I get emotional thinking about it.

I’ve asked him more than once does he regret anything. The rb switch. Not transferring and becoming the guy. I’ve made the argument to him that had he played for another big 12 school, he’s likely top 2 in conference competing with with Bijan for most rush yards. While he misses Qb and probably always will, he’s content. The answer is no. He sees his path to the nfl and he loves his Texas and they love him. I love that you love him.

What I mean to say is that I’ve seen this coming from a long way. I told my friends in college that my brother in middle school would make it to the league. Initially skeptical, I’d pull out a game dvd and prove it to them. He was undeniable. Like our Dad says, “Be Undeniable”. I’ve seen his story play out and I’ve always known where it would end up.

I’ll be at the senior bowl and of course I’ll be there with him on draft day. I doubt I’ll be able to keep my emotions at bay then but I also won’t try to either. I want to be in that moment with him so I can add it to my collection of memories. I couldn’t be more proud. 

P.S.

I didn’t plan on writing this, it’s probably the Mezcal. 

This was too good to not share.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

When he switched to RB I figured he'd at least be serviceable. It took one game for me to be convinced he had NFL potential. He deserves all the love and recognition that comes his way. When he retires from the NFL as a millionaire, give him a Michael Huff role in the RBs room. 

Edited by Sock Monkey
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, pacman said:

This was too good to not share.

Great post by Ro’s brother.  I knew he was highly accomplished as a QB but that’s a tough gig and it would have been tough for him to make it to the league as a guy who sounds like he ran the ball a lot.  
Seeing the way he’s built and more importantly the nastiness with which he runs the ball, it’s hard to see him as anything other than a RB. Hope he finds great success, a long healthy career and a lot of $$$ in the league. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• 3 weeks later...

Draft Riser: RB Roschon Johnson, Texas

qiyw18p1j7xwe4ar2fy3.jpg

At first, it was tough to get past Texas running back Roschon Johnson being a backup. It feels tough to grade a backup highly, even when the guy in front of them—in this case, Bijan Robinson—may be a top-five player in the entire class.

But the more I study the Texas offense, the sillier I realize that inhibition is.

Johnson is a bruiser. He's listed at 6'2" and 222 pounds, which is roughly the same as Bijan Robinson (6'0", 222 lbs). But Johnson plays with an even meaner streak.

Johnson runs violently downhill, pressing straight forward with powerful strides that make defenders question whether they really want to bring him down. Upon contact, he fights like hell to bounce and shed defenders, which regularly helps him squeeze out extra yardage.

Additionally, Johnson has just enough speed and wiggle to make him more than just late-stage Michael Turner. He's never going to be a home run hitter or a true threat in space, but he can do just enough to round out his game and let his dominant traits shine.

Johnson won't go nearly as high as Robinson in the draft. Regardless, the Longhorns backup could turn into a real-deal starter in the NFL, at least as an early-down back.

— Derrik Klassen

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10059261-2023-nfl-draft-biggest-risersfallers-going-into-bowl-season

• Hook 'Em 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2023 at 8:22 PM, TKthunder2 said:

Me too, but he made a business decision that he believed was best for him and his family. Hope he goes in the 2nd or 3rd and gets a nice fat contract.

If he would have played 1 or 2 drives in the 2nd half, I am sure Texas wins that game. That's what he brought to the table.

• 2 weeks later...
It’s been an honor to call Roschon a Longhorn.  If we had a team full of guys who cared as much as him nobody would come close to us.  I hope Roschon never has to buy another beer in Austin and I’m looking forward to seeing what he does next.  God bless Roschon Johnson!!
He's one of those rare players who was all in on being a Longhorn long before he committed and stepped foot on the 40, but also had the chops to contribute significantly. He single handedly beat K-state when Bijan got injured late in the '21 season and the rest of the offense really wasn't up to the task and the defense wasn't doing anyone any favors. Hookem Rojo, here's hoping you make bank in the NFL either as RB, special teams monster or both
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1