Ro Jo should starts

Zavala

I know he’s proved himself. I was responding to someone, maybe you, who says maybe it’s his natural position. It’s not. The production you’re seeing is because he’s a badass football player. 
I don’t care who starts versus OU. It drove me crazy yesterday when we insisted on KI when he clearly didn’t have it relative to RoJo. I thought the intra-drive interchanging killed drives for us. But it’s ridiculous to say “he should start” or he’s that much better than KI. KI has proven a lot more over a much longer sample size and had a much better game last week. This board is entirely too reactionary. 

It’s like the Tannehill situation- It may not be RoJo’s natural position, but he’s best on the team at it, and he’s too good to keep off the field.

On 10/6/2019 at 9:22 AM, Blotto said:

RoJo and KI are averaging 4.9 and 4.7 ypc respectively this season. Last week it was Ingram who played better (114 yds & 5.4 ypc vs. 30 yds & 3.3 ypc). People saying we cant move the ball with Ingram I guess didnt watch the OSU game last week. Bunch of reactionary fucks on this site. Rojo is learning the position and KI is likely nowhere close to 100%. I'm just glad we still have to viable options right now.

Yeah. When ingram’s healthy, they’re pretty similar and Ingram was a lot better against OSU. The problem with Ingram is he runs high, so he takes a lot of big hits, and his running drops off a cliff when he’s not 100%. We need to treat RoJo as RB1 against OU and let Ingram get healthy. He’s just not very effective when he’s banged up. Long term, Ingram will never be a workhorse back for a whole season. He takes too many hits square on.

23 hours ago, Llogg said:

Designed runs for Sam will not be double digits unless you include some RPO stuff with him rollling out with an option to run.

For most games besides OU and probably Baylor this is correct, but we’re absolutely going to call designed runs and true zone reads for Sam against OU. 

20 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

The solution you want is currently murdering middle-schoolers in Arizona. Another guy who should break long runs is playing in Mesquite. 

I don't think we'll see a single RB class again. 

Actually, the quickest solution to this problem is currently recovering from a sports hernia and should be available for the second half of the season.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I know he’s proved himself. I was responding to someone, maybe you, who says maybe it’s his natural position. It’s not. The production you’re seeing is because he’s a badass football player. 

I don’t care who starts versus OU. It drove me crazy yesterday when we insisted on KI when he clearly didn’t have it relative to RoJo. I thought the intra-drive interchanging killed drives for us. But it’s ridiculous to say “he should start” or he’s that much better than KI. KI has proven a lot more over a much longer sample size and had a much better game last week. This board is entirely too reactionary. 

I see...you found your way to the wrong board. let me direct you to www.calmlevelheadedsurlyhorns.com

If healthy, probably should start Keaontay vs blOU in hopes it helps his confidence.  Dixon played well against okie lite.

Another Factor:  "Kelvontay Dixon is currently a Razorbacks pledge, but he's keeping his options open.  "I want to make sure I make the right decision so I'm weighing everything out," Dixon said. "I might visit Arkansas in a few weeks (vs Auburn). I might see Texas again. I love watching my brother (UT tailback Keaontay Ingram) play."

Right now, I'd call his pledge to Arkansas soft as Charmin. I also will reiterate that I believe Dixon ends up in UT's Class of 2020. Stay tuned here, y'all.

38 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Needless. You lose your threat of an RPO/zone read with Sam taking off. We are one of the few teams that doesn’t need a wildcat. Pulling it out in the Cotton Bowl with no chance of them letting RoJo throw for the first time is pretty dumb. 

No chance of letting him throw? After we have run a reverse-flea flicker-pass, and a pass to an OL. Pass Herman’s cell # along to me since you guys had lunch together today. 

8 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

No, not by default, and no, Rice was not a toss up. Go and view some box scores. 

I was agreeing with you, dummy.

And yes -- La Tech by default -- Ingram played in that game and RoJo didn't. And I maintain Rice was a toss up - I can see the box score now, and I actually watched the game. Similar output as rushers (Ingram's success rate had much higher variance in running game) and RoJo outperformed him as a receiver. They were very similarly successful in that game

57 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

I was agreeing with you, dummy.

And yes -- La Tech by default -- Ingram played in that game and RoJo didn't. And I maintain Rice was a toss up - I can see the box score now, and I actually watched the game. Similar output as rushers (Ingram's success rate had much higher variance in running game) and RoJo outperformed him as a receiver. They were very similarly successful in that game

gonna go ahead and eat an L on La Tech. Memory not as sharp as it was in my 20's apparently. Rice point still stands.

On 10/7/2019 at 3:25 PM, Hawndoh said:

Wildcat with Johnson is pointless. It downgrades both the QB and RB positions in one player move. 

I don't know. The good thing about the wildcat is you can bring in an extra blocker when you take the QB out. Having Roschon do it keeps us from risking Sam and he is probably very good at it. He has a good burst through the line.

i hate when we leave Sam in and try to surprise the defense and line up the RB behind center and have Sam go wide. We don't get the benefit of having an extra blocker and the surprise factor doesn't trump that. We haven't do it that much but I hate it.

1 minute ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Has he played outside? I didn't follow him in hs, so I'm genuinely curious 

Not sure , but from what I’ve seen he has the skill set to play any wr spot. Whereas Jwhitt appears to have more the body type for slot , situationally in the backfield 

Edited by jdhorn92
  • Like 1