Ro Jo should starts

Zavala

2 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Not sure , but from what I’ve seen he has the skill set to play any wr spot. Whereas Jwhitt appears to have more the body type for slot , situationally in the backfield 

I just wonder if Smith can beat out Eagles. Smith is supremely talented, and I hope Whittington stays at RB. At this point, I don't care what happens with Ingram. He's shown nothing but average.

Drop today hurt, but not ready to write him off yet. Reality is he didn’t get many carries today and the only one I remember was him ripping off 7 yards followed by shack shitting the bed with a bad snap. Roschon balled out today but IMO we really didn’t get to see enough volume to make a judgement either way. Both dudes have had their days and I hope Roschon can still make a run at QB

On 10/12/2019 at 6:03 PM, ChemicalHorn said:

Drop today hurt, but not ready to write him off yet. Reality is he didn’t get many carries today and the only one I remember was him ripping off 7 yards followed by shack shitting the bed with a bad snap. Roschon balled out today but IMO we really didn’t get to see enough volume to make a judgement either way. Both dudes have had their days and I hope Roschon can still make a run at QB

Hey, you trying to steal my username?  Other than that I agree.  Hard to compare their days since Ingram got the ball twice.  Whether its the play calling or Sam's decision our RB's need to touch the ball more.  If they don't think we are ever gonna actually hand it off to the RB then play action will not be effective.  

13 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Can they please let this dude throw one HB pass? And maybe install a WildRojo formation? Or would that make too much sense?

Sam is a Natty Fullback why not. 

Maybe Mensa is saving it all for Glory-Hole Dr. Pepper big12 championshit.

13 hours ago, Bigbend1812 said:

We ran him out there on our last TD drive.   I don’t understand why he didn’t see the field more.    Trying to keep Ingram happy I guess. 

uh, Ingram had a pretty good day. Texas lost because the secondary is trash and Ehlinger had a meltdown.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Dr. Beeper said:

Just saw RoJo effectively kill a series for us there. Not sure why KI isn’t getting the bulk of the carries here given his hot hand. 

RoJo did his best KI impression. Maybe next series he can run a route and not look back for the ball or better yet just drop the pass 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I think RoJo is awesome. I think you’re absolutely smoking crack. 

I definitively am. I think KI is good, I just think RoJo is better. I probably need to reign in the hyperbole during games, but alcohol and crack are a bad combination 

24 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Ingram has his mojo back and Rojo will probably help us save Whittington’s shirt.

Two above average running backs with different running styles.

That would be cool, then next year Ro gets a shirt and he's the future at QB. 

11 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Then maybe he stays at RB. Either way we need a loaded QB and RB room apparently because these guys end up getting really dinged up in this offense.

All I know is the only thing that keeps me optimistic is that we have Bijan and Ty to go with Ingram and Rojo (maybe), and JQJ with Sam and Casey. We realistically should be better on offense alone. The defense worries me. 

35 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

All I know is the only thing that keeps me optimistic is that we have Bijan and Ty to go with Ingram and Rojo (maybe), and JQJ with Sam and Casey. We realistically should be better on offense alone. The defense worries me. 

Not looking for an argument here, but I don’t understand how you can think we should realistically be better on offense year.

We’re going to lose Johnson and Duvernay, the only two reliable receivers we have.

Now I am a guy who feels that Sam has pretty much his ceiling as a player. I don’t think accuracy issues down the field are easily fixed, or he would’ve fixed them after three years. Not only that, but teams have figured our offense out. Do you have very little in terms of the threat, and too much of our offense go side to side.

I hope I’m wrong, but I fear that after Sam loses his two favorite options, his final year will be bittersweet. 

Edited by Ghost of Shag

50 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

You haven't heard? The key to playing good defense is four down linemen and firing Orlando. Do those two things and it's fixed.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Not looking for an argument here, but I don’t understand how you can think we should realistically be better on offense year.

We’re going to lose Johnson and Duvernay, the only two reliable receivers we have.

Now I am a guy who feels that Sam has pretty much his ceiling as a player. I don’t think accuracy issues down the field are easily fixed, or he would’ve fixed them after three years. Not only that, but teams have figured our offense out. Do you have very little in terms of the threat, and too much of our offense go side to side.

I hope I’m wrong, but I fear that after Sam loses his two favorite options, his final year will be bittersweet. 

Sorry, I said offense, but just meant at RB. At wr we have talent, but replacing Duv and CJ will be a huge task if Eagles regresses, a younger WR doesn't step up, and Smith also regresses. WE "should" at least be on par with this season, or slightly less, but not much of a drop off. The WR room looks stacked, but we also don't know how Sam will look, either. He's been Jekyll/Hyde, and Herman is laughably conservative. 

17 minutes ago, Zavala said:

You haven't heard? The key to playing good defense is four down linemen and firing Orlando. Do those two things and it's fixed.

I seriously had this picture of GOB from Arrested Development in my head thinking about that lol. I'm not a fan of Orlando, obviously, but Jason Washington fucking sucks at his job of coaching DB's. He somehow teaches them not to look for the ball, and that makes what Orlando does that much harder. The entire defense is an amalgamation of stupid people writing their plays down with crayon. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Like 1

Well we know he’s a monster in the run game.  If they can teach him to throw, he can be Braxton Miller.  This kid is going to be a longhorn legend when it’s all said and done.  Honestly, he was our best RB this year and they should maybe consider starting him there next year with Sam still being here another year.

• Like 1