Ro Jo should starts

Zavala

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Fuck off, Sark. If Roschon's so valuable, how does he only average about 6 touches a game over our 6 game losing streak? Yeah we get it... he saved you the embarrassment of a 7 game losing streak today, but how about finding a way to capitalize on his skillset before we're 4-7. Fucking clown. 

Screenshot_20211126-180808.thumb.jpg.630c07d2c017075585ec6bec7aa4723a.jpg

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 3

Several comments about him putting the team on his back today.  He put the UT world on his back and showed everyone that the fighting spirit wasn't gone.  For him to show out like that tells me he believes in Sark and the future of this program.  I hope that reverberates to the rest of the team and potential recruits.  He's always been that selfless player with class that makes for the very best UT athletes. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Several comments about him putting the team on his back today.  He put the UT world on his back and showed everyone that the fighting spirit wasn't gone.  For him to show out like that tells me he believes in Sark and the future of this program.  I hope that reverberates to the rest of the team and potential recruits.  He's always been that selfless player with class that makes for the very best UT athletes. 

Player of the year🤘

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

All 6 games? If you say so. 

I agree with that fuck Sark.  Plenty of questionable personnel calls by Sark/coaches.  Brockermyer/Ford, RoJo or K. Robinson, hell even Dunn or Jamison.  A. Collins?  Safeties?  Not sure there were alternatives.

Doesn’t take away from Rojo went beast mode today and is by demonstrable actions a selfless team player that we’d be better having more of on the team.  All this for a 4 win team that didn’t give many opportunities for him to personally highlight his skills.  Bravo Rojo hope you get a chance in the league.  I expect he’s going to make a +5 year career as undrafted free agent as per Texas norms for our high motor high character guys of the last decade.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

With Casey and Card banged up, I am all aboard the RoJo wildcat train should we get a bowl invite 

I asked a month ago why we hadn't at least tried it.  With Casey, Card, and the O line all struggling mightily, snapping to RoJo and letting him and Bijan get to the outside with speed option stuff and mixing in the occasional quick slant seemed like something we should have thought of.  I guess Sark didn't want to crush our QBs' confidence, but they can be big boys and put the team first like Roschon has.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I asked a month ago why we hadn't at least tried it.  With Casey, Card, and the O line all struggling mightily, snapping to RoJo and letting him and Bijan get to the outside with speed option stuff and mixing in the occasional quick slant seemed like something we should have thought of.  I guess Sark didn't want to crush our QBs' confidence, but they can be big boys and put the team first like Roschon has.

I think it comes to the fact of physical punishment. Rojo had 31 carries, and was already battling turf toe. We just didn’t have the depth to roll that out every week. I mean Bijan dislocated his elbow. I agree we probably would have been best doing that had they been healthy, but at the same time the physical punishment would have been too much and the defensive game plan against us would have been even easier to diagnose then before. 

On 11/26/2021 at 10:45 PM, Jkwellborn said:

The OL was down field pushing the pile for a minute on that run. Haven’t seen that in a while.

Yeah the effort & intensity level was there against KSU in a way that I'm not sure I've seen all year. It was definitely different. I wonder what changed.

10 minutes ago, wood said:

Yeah the effort & intensity level was there against KSU in a way that I'm not sure I've seen all year. It was definitely different. I wonder what changed.

Well, for one thing, with RoJo "at the helm," we mostly stayed ahead of the chains, and when we got behind a little it wasn't the end of the world.

For whatever reason, as soon as we have gotten behind the chains, we completely fall apart.  Yet, if we are able to avoid that, we actually look half decent.

I'm not sure what the analog is with the defense, maybe giving up a third and long, which we mostly avoided.

Edited by TwiceHorn

It's quite simple, they knew rojo was going to be taking direct snaps quite a lot, they upped their intensity to try and match his.

35 minutes ago, ousux said:
50 minutes ago, wood said:

It's quite simple, they knew rojo was going to be taking direct snaps quite a lot, they upped their intensity to try and match his.

Well, but Bijan and Worthy exhibit intensity often and they can't be assed to match it.  Maybe it was the near-constant presence of RoJo.  Maybe it's also the fact that he's older and probably more of a leader off the field than the two younger guys.

Edited by TwiceHorn

They did, but he was also suffering from turf toe a lot of the year and until Bijan went down, they were able to play him less in hopes it would heal.   And also Keilan was held out for Covid and his replacement was knocked out in the Baylor game, right?  

I kept thinking we would see him attempt at least one pass, at least to keep the threat alive, but that never came to be.  

On 11/29/2021 at 2:59 PM, pyrohornIII said:

They did, but he was also suffering from turf toe a lot of the year and until Bijan went down, they were able to play him less in hopes it would heal.   And also Keilan was held out for Covid and his replacement was knocked out in the Baylor game, right?  

I kept thinking we would see him attempt at least one pass, at least to keep the threat alive, but that never came to be.  

I’m talking about the offensive line. They’ve had plenty of opportunity to show some fire. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/29/2021 at 12:08 PM, wood said:

It was the last game of the season and he was tired of the beatings/losses. Shit or get off the pot time. Love Rojo and his effort. 

1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:

I’m talking about the offensive line. They’ve had plenty of opportunity to show some fire. 

Both the OL and DL need an injection of heart and meanness in the worst way. Pipe hitting MF’s that play downhill and to the echo of the whistle. Dibbles/Studdard type of dudes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Droopy said:

It was the last game of the season and he was tired of the beatings/losses. Shit or get off the pot time. Love Rojo and his effort. 

Re: the ramped up intensity I was referring to in the KSU game, I wasn't specifically referring to RoJo. The whole team seemed infected with it.

On 11/27/2021 at 8:30 AM, TexArcher said:

I’ve tried erasing last years ou game from my memory, but I do remember him getting no fucking carries and no fucking Wildcat. And I was totally expecting him to throw a pass against ou but fuck whatever 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I’ve tried erasing last years ou game from my memory, but I do remember him getting no fucking carries and no fucking Wildcat. And I was totally expecting him to throw a pass against ou but fuck whatever 

Has Rojo ever thrown a pass? A downfield pass more than 5 or 10 yards? He won a state championship at QB so why didn’t Herman or Sark let him do his thing and play QB? Mack let 18 wheeler Swoopes be QB so let’s cut the bullshit and let Rojo throw some deep balls and lead this team. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, MrBig said:

Has Rojo ever thrown a pass? A downfield pass more than 5 or 10 yards? He won a state championship at QB so why didn’t Herman or Sark let him do his thing and play QB? Mack let 18 wheeler Swoopes be QB so let’s cut the bullshit and let Rojo throw some deep balls and lead this team. 

Yeah he was throwing for like 350+ yards a game in high school iirc. Roschon wildcat with either Robinson would’ve been deadly. Add an rpo and a Xavier post route and yeah. But that makes too much sense so of course we don’t do it 

• Like 1

So….lifetime Golden Triangle resident here (except years at UT and at Law School)…

As awesome as RoJo is….no, PNG did not win the State Championship, and no, he did not throw for 350+ a game. He was a battering ram stud who carried an otherwise mediocre program deeper into the playoffs than they’ve ever been since…..

All that said …. Yeah. Pay the man already

• Like 1

So….lifetime Golden Triangle resident here (except years at UT and at Law School)…

As awesome as RoJo is….no, PNG did not win the State Championship, and no, he did not throw for 350+ a game. He was a battering ram stud who carried an otherwise mediocre program deeper into the playoffs than they’ve ever been since…..

All that said …. Yeah. Pay the man already

Yeah, I don’t give a fuck what he did in high school. To me, he is the epitome of what I want from a Longhorn football player. We all love Bijan, he deserves what is coming to him, but I think RoJo is just as deserving. Unselfish, dedicated and plays with heart (and puts up numbers). Pay him.

• 1 month later...