About those LSU 'heat' cramps free timeouts

clapclapclap

2 minutes ago, Drunk in Malibu said:

Exactly the sort of incisive retort I’ve come to expect.  Y’all are terrible at smack, too.  

You’ve managed to turn fourteen fan bases into Sooner fans. 

I’m Sorry self awareness escapes you. If you don’t know you have shitty fans, you yourself are the shitty fan. 

• Like 1

Technically it's not exactly cheating, apparently. I'm also assuming that the refs were SEC and have been told by their conference to allow it, even to egregious extents.

The only way to stop it is rules changes, which is what it took to slow down and keep NH from snapping the ball while D tries to sub. I noticed Army got stopped from snapping by refs waiting for Meatchicken to sub, even when Army hadn't subbed.

I think making the "injured" leave immediately and then sit out a while, AND not allowing coaching on the field, AND charging a time-out for taking too long... all will be required.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Drunk in Malibu said:

Exactly the sort of incisive retort I’ve come to expect.  Y’all are terrible at smack, too.  

You’ve managed to turn fourteen fan bases into Sooner fans. 

Well, seeing how as they are a bunch of cheating rednecks just like your SEC fan base, it was inevitable.

You do realize that Divinity and Delpit, two of the best on defense, sat out a quarter getting IVs in the locker room, right?
So you are on board for changing the rule to sitting out the rest of the series or maybe even the quarter since LSU already does it on all injuries and cramps anyway?

1 minute ago, JMFP said:

So you are on board for changing the rule to sitting out the rest of the series or maybe even the quarter since LSU already does it on all injuries and cramps anyway?

Sitting the series out is for first "injury". Second "injury" per player is sit current period. Third one, done for game. 

Other players  remain on field, cannot be visited by coaching staff, only towel and water wallahs. Violation incurs "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" penalty on HC. Second and additional occurrence, eject HC (or Acting HC if HC already ejected).

Either taking too long to get player off the field, or illegal coaching causes violating team to be charged with a time-out.

• Like 3

Can we all agree that LSU had ZERO injuries?  This was professional soccer learned behavior.  It is literally coached from the sideline.  The coaches signal to the kids when to fall and act like they have a cramp.  It was a strategy that multiple SEC teams use and LSU used it against us and it helped them win.  Until the NCAA addresses it, we should employ it as well!

Next year, in Red Stick, we have XII refs, right?

This is where Del Conte needs to lobby the shit out of Bowelsby and make absolutely clear and totally certain that XII refs do not countenance this behavior. I'd think there's something in the rules about Unsportsmanlike Conduct, which can be interpreted to cover the situation. Hit the SECSECSEC teams with that every fucking time they try to pull it. Throw a flag, march off the 15 yards, ask their HC if he wants to use a time-out, and if he says nope, mark the ball ready for play and do not wait for the SECSECSEC team to line up.

Will that cause hate and discontent? You're fuckin' A right it will, and it will aid in getting the fake injury time-outs out of the game.

• Like 1

Next year, in Red Stick, we have XII refs, right?
This is where Del Conte needs to lobby the shit out of Bowelsby and make absolutely clear and totally certain that XII refs do not countenance this behavior. I'd think there's something in the rules about Unsportsmanlike Conduct, which can be interpreted to cover the situation. Hit the SECSECSEC teams with that every fucking time they try to pull it. Throw a flag, march off the 15 yards, ask their HC if he wants to use a time-out, and if he says nope, mark the ball ready for play and do not wait for the SECSECSEC team to line up.
Will that cause hate and discontent? You're fuckin' A right it will, and it will aid in getting the fake injury time-outs out of the game.

What are you...new? Big 12 refs will officiate like they always do, to the benefit of LSU.

On a serious note, the problem with an Unsportsmanlike penalty is that it’s impossible to “prove” they are faking it. I mean, we all “know”, but that’s not the kind of thing that makes up yardage penalties.

The above-mentioned rule changes regarding how long the player has to stay out and coaching/substitutions make a ton of sense.
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Sitting the series out is for first "injury". Second "injury" per player is sit current period. Third one, done for game. 

Other players  remain on field, cannot be visited by coaching staff, only towel and water wallahs. Violation incurs "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" penalty on HC. Second and additional occurrence, eject HC (or Acting HC if HC already ejected).

Either taking too long to get player off the field, or illegal coaching causes violating team to be charged with a time-out.

All of this.  I would give the refs the discretion to suspend the TO rule in the case of major emergencies involving EMT personal. 

Texas should fake a cramp after every single play against a team like Oklahoma State and drag the game out to about 5 hours just to draw attention to the problem so it will be addressed.

I agree that overall it didn’t really benefit them to do it because we got a TD on every possession in the second half except 1but it was miserable being in the stands in 100 degree heat and waiting for the 3 minute tv timeout to end when the player usually jumped up and ran off the field 30 seconds after he went down. It was really hard for the crowd to stay into the game after sitting around waiting 3 minutes to come back from a commercial break.

4 minutes ago, scottsins said:

What are you...new? Big 12 refs will officiate like they always do, to the benefit of LSU.

On a serious note, the problem with an Unsportsmanlike penalty is that it’s impossible to “prove” they are faking it. I mean, we all “know”, but that’s not the kind of thing that makes up yardage penalties.

The above-mentioned rule changes regarding how long the player has to stay out and coaching/substitutions make a ton of sense.

I agree that we have seen XII refs favor OOC teams, which is why CDC needs to make that a serious issue.

As far as "knowing", that's just silly. I appreciate that you're joking (I hope you are, anyway), but this shit needs to be stopped. The only "know" is the (often, if not mostly) bullshit "further review" take, and in this case the review should not be able to overturn a ref's call, as there would be no visible evidence of a "real" cramp, therefore the call on the field must stand. I don't know what the current rules are regarding precedence of 'review" versus "field", but it should be that the Referee has the final say. This is particularly important when (as in OOC games) the Ref is from the visitors' conference but review is "home-cookin' ". Whether it's realistic or not, to do it as suggested, it does need to be stopped.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Texas should fake a cramp after every single play against a team like Oklahoma State and drag the game out to about 5 hours just to draw attention to the problem so it will be addressed.

I agree that overall it didn’t really benefit them to do it because we got a TD on every possession in the second half except 1but it was miserable being in the stands in 100 degree heat and waiting for the 3 minute tv timeout to end when the player usually jumped up and ran off the field 30 seconds after he went down. It was really hard for the crowd to stay into the game after sitting around waiting 3 minutes to come back from a commercial break.

It worked perfectly in the second quarter when we missed a FG. They just doubled down after the half, or maybe we cut the A/C to their locker room and added humidifiers. 

#unsolved mysteries

BTW, this behavior is nothing new. I remember reading a story, when I was a kid, about the great Notre Dme coach, Frank Leahy. The sportswriter had visited South Bend and interviewed Leahy and observed a practice. In his description of the practice, he quoted Leahy as telling the players "Come, lads, let us practice the Injury play."

Texas scored on every possession a “fake injury” occurred.   Most times by Sam throwing at the back up player that was brought in.  

What was the defense’s excuse for allowing LSU to score every single time they got the ball back... being too fresh from all the time outs?

Several times I witnessed fans continue to boo as LSU players were being assisted back to their locker room.   Texas should be better than this.  

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 10

10 minutes ago, NotEricPrydz said:

Several times I witnessed fans continue to boo as LSU players were being assisted back to their locker room.   Texas should be better than this.  

No you didn’t.  During the cramp spree, LSU had a player who was actually injured.  Texas fans were quiet, put their horns up and gave applause when he was taken off.

Your other questions are irrelevant.  Find the poster saying that the fake injuries cost Texas the game.  THEN, we can get into what the result was of those drives. 

We lost because our defense was poorly coached and failed to execute against a really talented offense.  That’s the consensus, but I know  You would rather troll on about “TEXAS FANS WHINING BLAMING THE LOSS ON OUR CRAMPS!!!!”, so enjoy your last moments here before you are banned.

negged.

• Like 1

If every player that went down with a "fake injury" was taken to the locker room they wouldn't have been able to field a team.  The Safety #4 went down with a cramp at least three times that I saw and his injuries didn't seem to affect him enough to keep him from committing egregious pass interference.  Nobody here is blaming the outcome of the game on the LSU flopping.  We just think it's a pussy way to play and certainly takes away from the game.

6 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If every player that went down with a "fake injury" was taken to the locker room they wouldn't have been able to field a team.  The Safety #4 went down with a cramp at least three times that I saw and his injuries didn't seem to affect him enough to keep him from committing egregious pass interference.  Nobody here is blaming the outcome of the game on the LSU flopping.  We just think it's a pussy way to play and certainly takes away from the game.

absolutely. and to those saying that we should employ these tactics, no, just no. it's a bitch ass way to game the system, and we should be above such bush league bullshit.

29 minutes ago, NotEricPrydz said:

Texas scored on every possession a “fake injury” occurred.

Quarterbacks get sacked on plays where holding is called. Wide receivers make catches on plays where defensive pass interference is called. That doesn't mean the flag shouldn't have been thrown on those plays. 

Just now, hayden_horn said:

absolutely. and to those saying that we should employ these tactics, no, just no. it's a bitch ass way to game the system, and we should be above such bush league bullshit.

"We should cheat too!"

what the fuck, I'm not being a goody two shoes here but that's never been the way Texas responded to anything

I don't particularly like the response of just turning the other cheek, but I get we have to balance "hey, this is kind of a problem that should be dealt with" against looking like whiners. LEt's face it, a lot of people in the college football universe including influential media members are just hot-take machines. Something like Pardon The Interruption would jump all over this as "TEXAS MAKING EXCUSES?" and while I am not saying "let's try to figure out what PTI will think and tailor our response to it", any public response from us has to be crafted to minimize misrepresentation. 

On 9/7/2019 at 11:53 PM, hayden_horn said:

I think when that happens, they got to make a rule that coaches cannot treat it as a timeout. That was some grade a fucking horseshit

I think the only way to deal with it is the way FIFA does with players who take obvious dives: if fraud is detected, penalize the offending team 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct, eject the player if he commits the same infraction twice, and if you happen to catch the coach that's telling him to hit the deck, eject him, too. For the latter, we've seen that all too often. Some player is looking to the sidelines for a play call, then out of nowhere, he's been killed by a sniper stationed at the top of the stadium. It's very obvious that it's a coached tactic, and that's the only way you're going to have a chance to dial it back.

Texas scored on every possession a “fake injury” occurred.   Most times by Sam throwing at the back up player that was brought in.  
What was the defense’s excuse for allowing LSU to score every single time they got the ball back... being too fresh from all the time outs?

So are you saying all 13 of those “injuries” were legit and that somehow only the LSU defense, out of the four main units of the game was affected to the point of having to stop the game over and over? Be clear.

On 9/8/2019 at 9:26 AM, HornsOverIthaca said:

It's amazing more of them didn't drown as children.

This is awesome.  Post #56 on page 2 for those looking to +rep this good man.

On 9/8/2019 at 8:58 AM, Armybrat said:

I had to leave the game at halftime. After the 100 degree temps at our tailgate all afternoon and the the massive press of sweaty bodies in the stands, I was almost floored by several symptoms of heat stroke - headache, nausea, rapid heartbeat, and inability to follow the game.

barely made it the two blocks back to the car, where I used  couple of cold, wet washcloths as compresses for my head, drank two bottles of Gatorade to rehydrate. Rested about 10 minutes until my head cleared up enough to drive home. The heart rate didn’t slow down until after a long cool shower, another Gatorade, and sitting awhile in the recliner. Didn’t sleep worth a damn and am wiped out today.

Can’t imagine what it would’ve been like to have exerted myself hard physically instead of just sitting around at the tailgate for five hours then walking the short distance to Memorial Stadium.

Well, except for BYU, those players are athletes much younger than you, Crampa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scottsins said:

No you didn’t.  During the cramp spree, LSU had a player who was actually injured.  Texas fans were quiet, put their horns up and gave applause when he was taken off.

Your other questions are irrelevant.  Find the poster saying that the fake injuries cost Texas the game.  THEN, we can get into what the result was of those drives. 

We lost because our defense was poorly coached and failed to execute against a really talented offense.  That’s the consensus, but I know  You would rather troll on about “TEXAS FANS WHINING BLAMING THE LOSS ON OUR CRAMPS!!!!”, so enjoy your last moments here before you are banned.

negged.

I was at the game.  When both Divinity and Delpit went to the locker room the boos did not stop from many in our section and very few people around us had horns up while they were on the field.   Please tell me more about what my game experience was.  

• Fuck You 2

6 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I can go out on a limb and suggest you were an obnoxious unwelcome asshole

Not at all.  Got to know everyone sitting immediately around us.   There were some drunk obnoxious LSU fans that came down to our section when seats starting clearing out after the TD on 3rd and 17.   I was really surprised they didn’t get their asses kicked and I probably would have taken a couple shots at them too.  

• Fuck You 1

27 minutes ago, NotEricPrydz said:

I was at the game.  When both Divinity and Delpit went to the locker room the boos did not stop from many in our section and very few people around us had horns up while they were on the field.   Please tell me more about what my game experience was.  

spacer.png

2 hours ago, NotEricPrydz said:

You’re right we should be better, but with the clear bag policy we couldn’t bring batteries anymore. 

Y'all can complain about LSU players cramping all you want, but do you think the fact that Texas doesnt provide A/C in the visitors locker room had anything to do with it? With all the money that Texas has, its complete bullshit that they provide the visitors a locker room without air conditioning.  

• Fuck You 4