Below Deck

RPM

12 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Dave is a grade A douche bag. 

Yep, but she didn't help the situation. Just fucking tell him what's going on with you instead of going into the season like everything is cool and then ignoring every one of his requests to talk to him. He's an ass, but just tell him you're done. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Spoilered for those who aren't a week ahead on Peacock

Spoiler

So Natasha admits to having pulled almost this identical stunt before. Job on a boat with a guy she was hooking up with, even sharing a cabin, and dumped him once the season started, creating awkwardness for everyone.

Lulz. Dave's got some anger problems, but she's fucking crazy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Shocker.  Everyone on Sandy's season sucks.

i like Mzi and Storm and the 2nd stews.

outside that? yeah, probably.

my biggest takeaway is that the last few seasons of Sailing Yacht are the top of the mountain for this series. As long as they keep Glenn + Gary/Colin/Daisy together they will be fine. BTW, Colin's youtube channel (sailing parlay revival) is really damn good as well.

wish they could have kept Marcos as that guy was fantastic but he has too many opportunities where he doesn't have to cook dumb shit, gets paid more and can work in a real, actual sized kitchen. cant blame him for that

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, RPM said:

Sandy is the worst. I won't watch if she's on. Agree on Sailing Yacht, it's the best core group.

Yeah, but she's hit two dolphins in just six episodes now. That's impressive. Home is gonna look like this before the end of the season:

o09qrvl58qv71.jpg?auto=webp&s=ad2649f905

Gonna have to bring Colin on to fix it!

On 8/15/2022 at 5:32 PM, Deej said:

Spoilered for those who aren't a week ahead on Peacock

Reveal hidden contents

So Natasha admits to having pulled almost this identical stunt before. Job on a boat with a guy she was hooking up with, even sharing a cabin, and dumped him once the season started, creating awkwardness for everyone.

Lulz. Dave's got some anger problems, but she's fucking crazy. 

Said the same thing to my wife this week. She's fucking crazy. I mean calling the ex who cheated on her initially and then she's the one apologizing for everything, saying she's the one who screwed up, etc. Dave's getting off easy, though he's slightly unhinged too.

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

Said the same thing to my wife this week. She's fucking crazy. I mean calling the ex who cheated on her initially and then she's the one apologizing for everything, saying she's the one who screwed up, etc. Dave's getting off easy, though he's slightly unhinged too.

yeah going from broken up for months she said to "i love you" is an insane jump. i bet she gets blasted on the after show and i am here for it.

• Hook 'Em 1

There's always an episode where the male crew members have to do lap dances for the charter guests. If one booked a charter, how quickly would the request for lap dances from the female crew members be shot down?
Asking for a friend.

Exactly. What would Capn Sandy have said if the preference sheet said “we need Malia and Hannah to dance nekkid on stripper poles”? I would like to know if that kind of shit really happens on regular charters or if that’s an invention of the producers.
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Deej said:
  Hide contents

Looks like Natasha's bf doesn't want her working on the same boat as Dave.

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

spoilering

Spoiler

Dave has obviously not handled it well.

...but man Natasha has really made the situation worse at every turn we have seen. if the rest of her dept wasn't so easy going/didn't get along so well she would be toast.

and there is still time for that as long as she fucks with the food like she did with the wine tasting.

Edited by NoName

spoilered for still being a week ahead.

Spoiler

She'll try to hang Dave out on that one, even though the rest of interior knows it was her fuck up. 

I had no problem with Dave telling her he would just communicate with her on work stuff, but just nothing personal. Then Sandy walks in and Natasha says "How can I work with him if he won't communicate?" She's a cancer. 

Say what you want about Dave, but even with all that shit going on, he seems to be knocking out some great food. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Deej said:

spoilered for still being a week ahead.

Hide contents

She'll try to hang Dave out on that one, even though the rest of interior knows it was her fuck up. 

I had no problem with Dave telling her he would just communicate with her on work stuff, but just nothing personal. Then Sandy walks in and Natasha says "How can I work with him if he won't communicate?" She's a cancer. 

Say what you want about Dave, but even with all that shit going on, he seems to be knocking out some great food. 

i will spoiler too

Spoiler

yes. the guy is putting out super high quality stuff that would look even better if Sailing Yacht didn't have Marco last year or Rachel on the other show. i am still floored at how good Marco's food was (even if i think Rachel was a better chef)

she has messed up the situation from the start though. betting she gets a TON of shade at the reunion and is a 1 and done for the role. backtracking on someone who is a deck hand? who cares. backtracking on the CHEF when you are the CHIEF STEW is a bad move.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

So I’m a week ahead. Tash again has zero ability to read her guests. Steve gets an interesting reaction by the charter. And Sandy the Oblivious marches on.

1 week ahead as well, spoilering in case people care.

Spoiler

I would love to see the other 2 back next year. Tash is just not really good at being a chief stew - to be clear: not great at reading guests (this goes down to having a bunch of different welcome shots? just do champ and make it easy on your staff + the Stephen stuff), not great at staff management (she has honestly 2 of the most competent other stews I have seen on this show in forever. how boned would she be if she had Ashley from Sailing Yacht?), not great at provisioning (guessing what we saw with them loading stuff this week is foreshadowing), is lucky as hell Dave didn't walk (who goes in with a boatmance, then cancels it in the first 10 days when you share a cabin with the CHEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and also her boyfriend/exboyfriend/boyfriend has to be one of the most insecure dudes in the universe, literally.

1) there is zero chance she is still with her boyfriend when they do the reunion unless she has left yachting

2) there is a 100% chance others on the show rip her for being on her phone all the time

Two most competent? Kyle is worthless. Didn't do shit for a whole charter because of his tooth. Didn't do shit an entire other charter because he was trying to dick a guest, spends the rest of his time chatting with Natasha instead of working when he is actually on duty. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deej said:

Two most competent? Kyle is worthless. Didn't do shit for a whole charter because of his tooth. Didn't do shit an entire other charter because he was trying to dick a guest, spends the rest of his time chatting with Natasha instead of working when he is actually on duty. 

i am willing to give him a pass for the tooth, tooth pain is something i would never wish on my worst enemies.

the other charter, sure. but he at least appears to be decent at his job, actually knows what to do and gets along with 2nd stew (who is the glue really holding it together) - he isn't out there trying to bang someone on the boat the whole season, he has worked on charters before, he knows how to make a bed, he can do service - which isn't a given based on third stews we have seen in this series who often are two of those things.

I don't know. More than one occasion that Natalya has gotten up in the morning and Kyle and Natasha left everything from the night before for her to do. Those two just fuck around a lot. Doesn't matter if you're competent if you don't actually do the work. 

12 minutes ago, Deej said:

I don't know. More than one occasion that Natalya has gotten up in the morning and Kyle and Natasha left everything from the night before for her to do. Those two just fuck around a lot. Doesn't matter if you're competent if you don't actually do the work. 

agreed on both counts.

Kyle is a piece of shit that has only survived by the ineptness of Tash and blindness of Sandy. The continued fraternization with a guest should have gotten him fired. He spends the rest of his time kissing Tash’s ass and goofing off. He does realize Tash is a complete idiot. He has some idea that gives him a pass to fuck around with a guest; in most cases the primary would have been in Sandy’s grill about it, gay or straight. He and Tash should be sold to pirates from Tunisia.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

A week ahead. Kyle is definitely a shitty stew and a horrible human being. 

He needs to be fired. Obviously he’s a producer plant who recognized this obnoxious narcissist would make a great villain paired with psycho slut Tash. Sandy is on the case, but why isn’t she walking every deck every three hours?

7 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Sandy is on the case, but why isn’t she walking every deck every three hours?

They've had a couple more times this season where shit is going down and they cut to Sandy's cabin door shut. Probably drinking booze out of shampoo bottles.