Below Deck

RPM

As someone who has watched every episode of every iteration of Below Deck, I have to say that I’m burnt out on it. The casts are boring. I’m even tired of Captain Lee. It’s become Groundhog Day with its repetitiveness. I think I’m going to limit my viewing moving forward to Sailing Yacht, at least as long as that captain and crew stay together. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

As someone who has watched every episode of every iteration of Below Deck, I have to say that I’m burnt out on it. The casts are boring. I’m even tired of Captain Lee. It’s become Groundhog Day with its repetitiveness. I think I’m going to limit my viewing moving forward to Sailing Yacht, at least as long as that captain and crew stay together. 

Wife is basically where you are - all in on Sailing Yacht, skipping Med because of Sandy, regular Below Deck was only being watched for Lee...

Also thank you for suggesting Sailing Yacht - that is a damn good and enjoyable show.

The one bit of good news is that I think Captain Glenn will have a decent crew no matter what. Hopefully they keep that Daisy/Gary/Colin group together, as they are excellent. Wish they could have kept Marcos but that guy is super hot business wise right now and is turning it into B&M restaurants so can't blame the guy.

If you are looking for more to watch, I have greatly enjoyed Colin's Youtube Channel Sailing Parlay Revival - here is a playlist that is all of it. basically he bought a hurricane damaged sailing yacht and it's the process of upgrading it, fixing it and the friends he comes across. really can't recommend it enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFRdpIr5aJU&list=PLpkEwzHmNVAiHCo3IBvAMZd-Czm3eJfx3

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

We’re where you are. It’s so formulaic. Asshole guests. Inept crew with modeling careers. Drunken outbursts, arguments, and partying. Repeat. The early seasons were best as most of the crew were experienced yachties. Now it’s folks looking to drive their SM followers.

Lee hasn’t been the same since losing his son. We think the theme parties are stupid. Who travels with all that formal wear for a few nights with friends? Doesn’t the charter company tell them the limits for luggage? If I’m on a fancy yacht I’m chillin and certainly not putting on a suit.
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, NoName said:

Wife is basically where you are - all in on Sailing Yacht, skipping Med because of Sandy, regular Below Deck was only being watched for Lee...

Also thank you for suggesting Sailing Yacht - that is a damn good and enjoyable show.

The one bit of good news is that I think Captain Glenn will have a decent crew no matter what. Hopefully they keep that Daisy/Gary/Colin group together, as they are excellent. Wish they could have kept Marcos but that guy is super hot business wise right now and is turning it into B&M restaurants so can't blame the guy.

If you are looking for more to watch, I have greatly enjoyed Colin's Youtube Channel Sailing Parlay Revival - here is a playlist that is all of it. basically he bought a hurricane damaged sailing yacht and it's the process of upgrading it, fixing it and the friends he comes across. really can't recommend it enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFRdpIr5aJU&list=PLpkEwzHmNVAiHCo3IBvAMZd-Czm3eJfx3

Colin is awesome! I got him to do a Cameo birthday wish for my wife and it was a big hit!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Colin is awesome! I got him to do a Cameo birthday wish for my wife and it was a big hit!

I'm sure she was pleasing herself to it after you went to sleep. 

Oh, and Lee comes back before the season ends. 

Edited by Deej

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2023 at 9:47 AM, Deej said:

What's up with the charter guests just bringing along her gold medals on vacation?

This was fucking weird. And that she seemingly kept bringing it up to the crew instead of them asking about it.

On Adventure, holy shit, new deckhand straight up asking Captain if he can replace the Bosun?  Wow, seems like a big no no.

If I were on that cruise I would skip outings and just sit at the table and eat every thing Rachel would cook me. That Indian meal blew me away. She seems to be able to cook anything.

I think a boat made for charters could do well with a much larger open kitchen would be cool. Would like to see a chef like Rachel have a sous chef to assist. I don’t get the tiny kitchens and lack of support when no doubt food is the number 1 factor in client satisfaction. And table service seems an afterthought for the interior team.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

I don’t get the tiny kitchens and lack of support when no doubt food is the number 1 factor in client satisfaction.

Tell me you've never been to sea without telling me you've never been to sea.

Edited by RPM

I understand small galleys for yachts and the cramped space. Most are for actual sea going. These boats don’t seem to go more than a mile or two offshore and are basically houseboats. I’m just saying build the thing for what passengers actually want to do vs what one needs on a seafaring vessel.

26 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Started watching Colin's show on Youtube.  Can't recommend it enough.  He has a pretty amazing life.  Thanks for whoever mentioned it.  There are a ton of episodes and it's worth watching from the beginning.

Link?