Sarah Palin can be with Glen Rice now.....

Aqua Buddha

17 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It's funny how conservative Christians who are so quick to  use scripture to justify their hatred of the gays don't seem to have a problem with scriptural prohibitions against adultery and divorce. 

Just curious: did you closely read all three verses?

18 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It's funny how conservative Christians who are so quick to  use scripture to justify their hatred of the gays don't seem to have a problem with scriptural prohibitions against adultery and divorce. 

The only reason I asked is your response was pretty solid/down the middle in response to:

he who lays with a woman divorced from her husband must initiate the shocker.

I thought maybe you weren't looking too close and missed that bit of humor.

Edited by Bullneck

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

The only reason I asked is your response was pretty solid/down the middle in response to:

It just fell flat.

You tried.

The lesson; stop trying.

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

She’ll have rich old man republican dick lined up to bend her over 

Dude party doesn't matter when it comes to sex.  Unless you're saying old democrat men don't care about sex with a fairly hot, older chick.  

Is that what you're saying ?  Quite the admission.

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Dude party doesn't matter when it comes to sex.  Unless you're saying old democrat men don't care about sex with a fairly hot, older chick.  

Is that what you're saying ?  Quite the admission.

Based on the state of her progeny, I'm not sure I want to put it anywhere near the Chernobyl between her thighs. Keep in mind, that's coming from me (MFCDG).

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

So apparently, Elio's in the Upper East Side allowed ole Sarah in even though she is unvaxxed and was probably positive while she was there all because she came in with a long time diner.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/25/dining/sarah-palin-covid-restaurant.html#commentsContainer

Elio's was on my list of places to try as it had been recommended to me.  Looks like I will not be patronizing this place anytime soon.

What a world.

According to New York City rules that took effect on Dec. 27, indoor diners age 12 and up must show proof that they have received both doses of a two-shot regimen like the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or one dose of a one-shot vaccine like Johnson & Johnson’s.

34 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

So apparently, Elio's in the Upper East Side allowed ole Sarah in even though she is unvaxxed and was probably positive while she was there all because she came in with a long time diner.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/25/dining/sarah-palin-covid-restaurant.html#commentsContainer

Elio's was on my list of places to try as it had been recommended to me.  Looks like I will not be patronizing this place anytime soon.

no charge for the side of Covid !

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

A lady never combines "the most fun 90 seconds of my life" and "paid some bills" in the same sentence. Somewhere along the road of life, Ms. Palin should've learned that.

I know, that's @Brisketexan's line.  The first part at least.

Edited by Nivek
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I haven't followed it super-closely, but it looks like NYT really screwed the pooch on the editorial that is the subject of that lawsuit.

Which means that I fear that there is a pretty high likelihood that she wins this.  That is going to be a shit show.

She wins and is awarded $1.00 a la Trump's USFL.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I haven't followed it super-closely, but it looks like NYT really screwed the pooch on the editorial that is the subject of that lawsuit.

Which means that I fear that there is a pretty high likelihood that she wins this.  That is going to be a shit show.

could be a Supreme Court right wing long game here …..

https://www.businessinsider.com/sarah-palin-new-york-times-lawsuit-supreme-court-defamation-actual-malice-2022-2?amp

Two right-wing members of the Supreme Court, Clarence Thomas and Neil Gorsuch, have both criticized the decades-old ruling and said it should be overturned in favor of different standards.

when is Thomas just going to admit he wants to over turn almost everything ?

Edited by tx 3 putt

7 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Never been happier to be wrong.

Federal judges have been pretty "strict" (or loose depending on your perspective) in dismissing defamation cases concerning public figures, so one kind of tends to think if it makes it to trial, it's got a pretty good chance of winning.

From what I know, Rakoff is a solid judge, so he's probably not fucking this up.

On 2/11/2022 at 8:39 AM, tx 3 putt said:

could be a Supreme Court right wing long game here …..

https://www.businessinsider.com/sarah-palin-new-york-times-lawsuit-supreme-court-defamation-actual-malice-2022-2?amp

Two right-wing members of the Supreme Court, Clarence Thomas and Neil Gorsuch, have both criticized the decades-old ruling and said it should be overturned in favor of different standards.

when is Thomas just going to admit he wants to over turn almost everything ?

To be fair, Gorsuch's criticism of NYT v. Sullivan and the public figure doctrine is far more nuanced than Thomas'.   Thomas thinks it's just flat wrong, that the First Amendment imposes no barrier to defamation liability.  Mostly because he wanted to sue Anita Hill and all of the papers and outlets that repeated her statements.

On the other hand, Gorsuch is concerned that Sullivan applies too easily to "non-journalistic" entities, particularly in light of the proliferation of half-assed journalists on the internet.

Hey law dogs, I was thinking that if Palin would've won, and Times v. Sullivan got squashed, that would have unintended long-term consequences for fucksticks like Hannity and Tucker. Seems like every time they would have one of their little non-truth implications, that they could then be sued. Sorry for any butchering of legal terms; whatever a layperson is, I'm a little below that.

9 minutes ago, Restless Native said:

Hey law dogs, I was thinking that if Palin would've won, and Times v. Sullivan got squashed, that would have unintended long-term consequences for fucksticks like Hannity and Tucker. Seems like every time they would have one of their little non-truth implications, that they could then be sued. Sorry for any butchering of legal terms; whatever a layperson is, I'm a little below that.

They've already won those lawsuits, and Fox as repeatedly used the defense in court that no "reasonable" person would/should believe what they say.