This is the Jeopardy! Thread of Encompassment [RIP Alex Trebek]

Captain Ron

7 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I bet Brad gets his shit together tomorrow and wins. 

Maybe? I don't know, he just seems not quite in the game right now.

I also wonder how these were filmed. Are they done all in one day like they normally film Jeopardy or did they film each day on different days? If there is some real down time between games, Brad might have a chance to get back in it.

We will see.

The guide shows Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday again next week.  Not sure when the 7th game would be but I don't see Brad winning 2 games anyway.

That was an ass kicking tonight.  Ken could have bet it all in FJ the 2nd game and missed and still been guaranteed of the win.

Edited by WBT

9 hours ago, drewcifer said:

I really can't believe sports guy James didn't know that FSU was Garnet and Gold. Not sure it would have mattered, though, with Brad wasting all of the DJ daily doubles.

Should have watched uncut gems, imo

9 hours ago, drewcifer said:

I really can't believe sports guy James didn't know that FSU was Garnet and Gold. Not sure it would have mattered, though, with Brad wasting all of the DJ daily doubles.

I don't recall the exact wording of the question, but for some reason, I didn't read the clue as pertaining to FSU so much as just the state of Florida, so even though I know that FSU is garnet and gold too, I whiffed on this one too. 

Perhaps it has to do with the fact that there's no distinction between "Florida State" and "Florida state" and "FLORIDA STATE" with the Jeopardy! font? 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

why the emphasis on "points" as opposed to "dollars"? something legal presumably?
Because the winner gets a million bucks and both runner's up get $250k. Strategery is in play. I mean, none of them are hurting and they're all guaranteed a quarter million, but points vs dollars can change their betting strategy.

3 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Brad should have to pay in for the stinker hes playing right now

He beat James in the 2nd half last night.  I think that's the first time out of the 6 individual games that he hasn't been last.

The other two are ringing in a lot more than him.  I have to think that is mostly because they are faster on the buzzer but maybe there are more questions he doesn't know as well.  He seems to have the yips on the DDs.

1 hour ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I don't recall the exact wording of the question, but for some reason, I didn't read the clue as pertaining to FSU so much as just the state of Florida, so even though I know that FSU is garnet and gold too, I whiffed on this one too. 

Perhaps it has to do with the fact that there's no distinction between "Florida State" and "Florida state" and "FLORIDA STATE" with the Jeopardy! font? 

Same.

3 hours ago, strangulation! said:

didn't james make a reference to lawyers yesterday?

That was in reference to Ken stealing James's "trademarked" all-in gesture in a previous round. 

The points versus dollars thing is probably because each of these guys (well, maybe not Brad!) could easily ring up much more than $250k across as many as 14 games. 

My boy Ken letting his nuts hang. I watched a lot of his run and don’t know the other guys that well, so I’m rooting hard for Ken.

One of the funny things I remember about Ken’s run was all the anecdotes he had to come up with. I still remember one to this day that I thought was pretty funny. When he and his friends went to the movies, they had an inside joke where they would do a little golf clap whenever a character says the title of the movie in a line of dialogue.

and it always makes me think of Lawrence Fishburne saying, “we gotta fled” in the classic movie “Fled.”