American Horror Story 1984

TexasMan

Couldn't muster the effort to set up a season pass for this one. It's been a long time since this show was worth a shit. Maybe the Hot Witches in New Orleans season? 
Thats the last season I watched, so I guess I haven't missed out.

Yeah just got around to watching the first episode and I’m kind of digging the homages/rip offs of classic 80 slasher movies and tropes. Will keep watching though I find that, no matter how much I initially like the first few or so episodes of a season, they seemingly fail to ever “land” by the time of the final episode. We shall see...

• 2 weeks later...

I still have not fucking figured out what is happening.  There's like a twist or two or three in every episode. 

My running theory is

Spoiler

They are actually filming a movie set at a summer camp

Edited by Js1

On 10/11/2019 at 8:06 AM, Js1 said:

I still have not fucking figured out what is happening.  There's like a twist or two or three in every episode. 

My running theory is

Hide contents

They are actually filming a movie set at a summer camp

started this last night.  just finished episode 2.  what in god’s name is going on?  I think your theory is good except for the counselor from 1970 who has eternal life.  what the hell is that?  

well I guess I’m gonna bail on it then, and as long as it’s horrible and nobody seems to be watching it or commenting on it, can someone explain the 1970 counselor getting killed multiple times and continuing to pop up?  it’s just odd, would love to know what kind of crap the writers had in mind while putting that on paper.

On 10/19/2019 at 4:13 PM, futureman said:

well I guess I’m gonna bail on it then, and as long as it’s horrible and nobody seems to be watching it or commenting on it, can someone explain the 1970 counselor getting killed multiple times and continuing to pop up?  it’s just odd, would love to know what kind of crap the writers had in mind while putting that on paper.

I think it's like murder house season 1 where if you die at the camp your soul is trapped there

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

I think it's like murder house season 1 where if you die at the camp your soul is trapped there

ah, well I’ve never watched AHS before.  supernatural shit is usually a tune-out for me; killing in real life should be enough for a horror story. 

21 minutes ago, Deej said:

Typical AHS. Good for two or three episodes, then goes of the rails.

my god, just plowed through episode 4.  this shit is bad.  not entertaining bad, but just tragically awful.  how did this get written and produced and filmed?  and after filming it how did they watch it and decide to air it?  this is inexcusable shit; I don’t know that I’ve ever this shocked and uphauled after watching anything.  worst thing ever put on television. 

10 minutes ago, futureman said:

my god, just plowed through episode 4.  this shit is bad.  not entertaining bad, but just tragically awful.  how did this get written and produced and filmed?  and after filming it how did they watch it and decide to air it?  this is inexcusable shit; I don’t know that I’ve ever this shocked and uphauled after watching anything.  worst thing ever put on television. 

No, that's the real teen mom housewives of 90 day fiancee that my girlfriend watches on a constant loop. 

22 minutes ago, futureman said:

I tried to fucking warn you

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TexasMan said:

So halfway through this season, they have jumped to 1989. Mmmmmk

The exposition in all these new subplots are so cringeworthy jammed in.

Why do I do this to myself? 

I got through episode three and lost all interest.  it’s truly one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen on television. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...