2020 WR Troy Omeire

texifornia

Good for him (and I mean that with all sincerity) for getting a catch as a Texas Longhorn, especially with all the injuries he’s had. That’s not nothing as far as a life accomplishment goes, it’s probably better than 80% of this board will achieve as far as accomplishing a difficult goal in your profession goes. 

I wish him luck at Sam Houston or SFA, or as a UT student in his next step of life. He was probably a marginal take from the word go and now he’s got 2 knee injuries in his rear view, he doesn’t need a roster spot. 

5 hours ago, ousux said:
8 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:
So are they both gone? That sucks if true. I really wanted to see them both succeed. 

I have no idea, it was more of a question. Both completely left the radar after pre-season injuries.

This isn't amateur athletics anymore and players aren't treated like kids. Omeire and Alexis are unlikely to be major contributors. So if we are running the team like a business like Saban and Smart then yes, they need to go. The bottom 15% of the roster needs to go every year. These guys are payed to perform in football. If they aren't able to perform up to the level needed someone else should be paid instead. Like and friend shouldn't be a part of the vocabulary in the decision. That's the game in 2022 - hate it if you must.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Bevo said:

This isn't amateur athletics anymore and players aren't treated like kids. Omeire and Alexis are unlikely to be major contributors. So if we are running the team like a business like Saban and Smart then yes, they need to go. The bottom 15% of the roster needs to go every year. These guys are payed to perform in football. If they aren't able to perform up to the level needed someone else should be paid instead. Like and friend shouldn't be a part of the vocabulary in the decision. That's the game in 2022 - hate it if you must.

No, I'm in total agreement. I was just saying it sucks in regards to them both fucking up their knees and never getting back to their form to contribute. I concur that they need to go instead of taking up space for someone who can/will contribute. I wish the best to both of them, but it's time we flush this roster and get playmakers so we don't have to constantly deal with the Worthy drama every year he's on campus if there's a kid who's better. I hope we get Stewart, who's much more talented, albeit slower because you can't teach the speed Worthy has. Regardless, speed or not, I want kids that can catch and make plays and put their bodies on the line. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Bevo said:

I don’t think the team is run this way.  If a guy has been a good influence in the locker room, is well liked, and has some potential but no production they wont be just forced out.  I don’t think Sark sees himself as Jack Welch.  

51 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

No, I'm in total agreement. I was just saying it sucks in regards to them both fucking up their knees and never getting back to their form to contribute. I concur that they need to go instead of taking up space for someone who can/will contribute. I wish the best to both of them, but it's time we flush this roster and get playmakers so we don't have to constantly deal with the Worthy drama every year he's on campus if there's a kid who's better. I hope we get Stewart, who's much more talented, albeit slower because you can't teach the speed Worthy has. Regardless, speed or not, I want kids that can catch and make plays and put their bodies on the line. 

It would be nice if Jaxon Smith-Njigba considered us again, but I seriously, seriously doubt it would happen. He is one of the better slots around. Unfortunately, that isn't a secret to the NFL.

Edited by Bevo
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bevo said:

It would be nice if Jaxon Smith-Njigba considered us again, but I seriously, seriously doubt it would happen. He is one of the better slots around. Unfortunately, that isn't a secret to the NFL.

Yeah, I'm sure he'll be entering the draft, sadly. We could use him in the worst way. Dude is an absolutely insane talent. I'm hoping this go around Sark and Co make the right moves and get some actual talent in the portal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

...I hope we get Stewart, who's much more talented, albeit slower because you can't teach the speed Worthy has. Regardless, speed or not, I want kids that can catch and make plays and put their bodies on the line. 

And yet,

Every track program in the country has coaches...

woman-thinking.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

woman-thinking.gif

I would hit it.

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Definitely. I wonder who it is?

If my extensive research is correct, it is "Alyson Eckmann". (Sometimes known as "Aly Rae Eckmann".)

https://www.instagram.com/alyeckmann/?hl=en

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alyson_Eckmann

Spanish Wiki: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alyson_Eckmann

If the bio is true, she is an American who first moved to Mexico and then Spain. It seems that all of her work is in Spanish. She was on "Gran Herman VIP Temporada 5" ("Big Brother VIP season 5".

Edited by Napoleon
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

If my extensive research is correct, it is "Alyson Eckmann". (Sometimes known as "Aly Rae Eckmann".)

https://www.instagram.com/alyeckmann/?hl=en

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alyson_Eckmann

Spanish Wiki: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alyson_Eckmann

If the bio is true, she is an American who first moved to Mexico and then Spain. It seems that all of her work is in Spanish. She was on "Gran Herman VIP Temporada 5" ("Big Brother VIP season 5".

You, sir, are a God send 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

..."Gran Herman  VIP Temporada 5" ("Big Brother VIP season 5"_. <= ERRORS

In my haste, I messed up twice (at least).

This: "Gran Herman VIP Temporada 5" ("Big Brother VIP season 5".

Should be this: "Gran Hermano VIP Temporada 5" ("Big Brother VIP season 5")

Corrections in Bold.

-hermano = brother

-I hate forgetting the closing parenthesis... but I did.