Weirdos taking pictures of Casa De FromTheMailRoom

Mrs. FromTheMailRoom and I bought a new home last November and are having issues with random people taking unauthorized photos of the house.  They're pulling up to the driveway, snapping away, and have even gone as far to walk in the yard to take pictures of our house.  The root cause of the issue is the original builder of the home is using pictures of our house to market the lot next door.  We've had our attorney send a demand letter to the local MLS, the builder, and the agent's broker to pull the pictures down because it's happening so often it's becoming borderline harassment.  

To complicate matters further, the wife is pregnant with baby no. 2 and spends most of the day at home so it makes it extremely unnerving and stressful to her.  Most of the time I have to go out the front door and give them the token "GET THE FUCK OFF MY LAWN" but that doesn't do anything to curb others from doing it.  I contacted the HOA and they wont let me put a sign in the yard citing no unathorized photos and wont let me sit in the front yard in a lawn chair, in my underwear, and slug beers to scare people off.  Our lawyer also says that could leave us liable to damages if the builder can cite the behavior as having being impactful to the sale of the lot.  

My question is can the HOA actually tell me not to post the sign?  There's no bylaws outlawing it.  If we do post the sign, are there any legal ramifications for those that continue doing it?  Are there any grounds for filing suit against the builder if they don't take the pictures down?

I've contacted Bernard's office and they've been less than helpful.

Edited by GlenFromTheMailRoom

The HOA 'won't let you' sit in your own front yard and drink beer in the attire of your choosing? And your lawyer agrees with them? Fuck that. Not a jury in the state of Texas would decide against a man for exercising his God-given right to sit in his yard and drink beer in his underwear. Fire your lawyer, tell the HOA to fuck off, and take matters into your own hands. Put up the sign, sit out there all day every day getting shitfaced in your own yard, and dare the motherfuckers to take you to court.

Edit: I'm not a lawyer, don't play one on TV, and don't give a fuck, but this may or may not be legally sound advice.

Edited by Bat Guano
disclaimer
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Mrs. FromTheMailRoom and I bought a new home last November and are having issues with random people taking unauthorized photos of the house.  They're pulling up to the driveway, snapping away, and have even gone as far to walk in the yard to take pictures of our house.  The root cause of the issue is the original builder of the home is using pictures of our house to market the lot next door.  We've had our attorney send a demand letter to the local MLS, the builder, and the agent's broker to pull the pictures down because it's happening so often it's becoming borderline harassment.  

To complicate matters further, the wife is pregnant with baby no. 2 and spends most of the day at home so it makes it extremely unnerving and stressful to her.  Most of the time I have to go out the front door and give them the token "GET THE FUCK OFF MY LAWN" but that doesn't do anything to curb others from doing it.  I contacted the HOA and they wont let me put a sign in the yard citing no unathorized photos and wont let me sit in the front yard in a lawn chair, in my underwear, and slug beers to scare people off.  Our lawyer also says that could leave us liable to damages if the builder can cite the behavior as having being impactful to the sale of the lot.  

My question is can the HOA actually tell me not to post the sign?  There's no bylaws outlawing it.  If we do post the sign, are there any legal ramifications for those that continue doing it?  Are there any grounds for filing suit against the builder if they don't take the pictures down?

I've contacted Bernard's office and they've been less than helpful.

That many people have looked at a single lot and no one has bought it yet?

I had a similar issue when I moved to CC back in 2002.  The city actually used a picture of our new house in a flyer to attract people to move to CC.  I had no idea.  We actually had people come knock on our door and asked to look at the house.  Our issued died off after a couple of weeks but it was weird especially when I had no idea where all of the attention was coming from.

Just now, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I had a similar issue when I moved to CC back in 2002.  The city actually used a picture of our new house in a flyer to attract people to move to CC.  I had no idea.  We actually had people come knock on our door and asked to look at the house.  Our issued died off after a couple of weeks but it was weird especially when I had no idea where all of the attention was coming from.

That's the story you're telling us, but...

Image result for im here for the gang bang

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr Fear said:

It's usually 1 a day.  On the weekends, as much as 2-3 a day.

1 hour ago, Damor said:

Stop being poor and just buy the lot.

Not poor and it's a shit lot.

1 hour ago, Dr Fear said:

See above.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Yep.  Don't be surprised when baby #2 comes out blek.

1 hour ago, Digdogger said:

This is a nice cover story your wife has built up to make up for the herds of guys she's letting do all sorts of things to her.

You both clearly have reading comprehension issues.  It's cool though.  It gets better with time.  

1 hour ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Get a projector and have this projected on your garage door:

719oCSBQ4oL._UX575_.jpg

Bingo.

You can buy a sprinkler that is motion activated.  They are supposed to keep deer and other varmints from messing with plants.  Setting one up in your yard would be funny other than when you forget and it accidentally sprays you.

41 minutes ago, kevwun said:

You can buy a sprinkler that is motion activated.  They are supposed to keep deer and other varmints from messing with plants.  Setting one up in your yard would be funny other than especially when you forget and it accidentally sprays you.

4 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Set a heavy duty sprinkler and spray the fuckers that come take pictures

I like this idea.  You can pick up a sprinkler head that has a motion sensor built into it to deal with the tree rats.  Shit, I got one in the garage thats yours if you want it and are in west austin. 

This situation sounds pretty bizarre to me. But (not a lawyer) my understanding is that you can't really stop people from taking pics of your property as long as they are on a public right of way (street or possibly sidewalk, etc.)  I mean you can request that they stop, but they are under no obligation. Now if they are coming in your yard or driveway, then fuck 'em.

it makes it extremely unnerving and stressful to her. 

Really? How hard is it to just ignore them? How unnerving and stressful will it be for her when there are construction crews next door hammering away on a new house for the better part of a year?

Bernard

it makes it extremely unnerving and stressful to her. 
Really? How hard is it to just ignore them? How unnerving and stressful will it be for her when there are construction crews next door hammering away on a new house for the better part of a year?
Bernard

Ever had a pregnant wife?

1 hour ago, tx ind said:

Bernard

Ever had a pregnant wife?

Yeah I have, and I still think its fucking weird that this is so unnerving. Just ignore them, its one person a day taking a fucking picture. 

The things that work some people up...

4 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Once upon a time someone took a picture of town lake and wanted people on shaggy to photoshop s kid out of it. Every response had a dick surreptitiously hidden in the photo. You need to do that but in your life.

It's possible that where he was hiding the dick may have contributed to his problem.

Tit for tat.  Anytime one of them shows up, go outside and start taking pics of them taking pics, and post them on the internets.  
Definitely this.

Let's have a rate picture takers of the fromthemailroom house thread.

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

That's exactly what I was thinking.  I think OP is exaggerating the situation here.

Refer to my post further up.  It's a shit lot.  Most houses on the street have views of the hill country and this one doesn't.  It's overpriced for what the builder wants to put on it and with the orientation of the lot being being a rectangle and not square, it means not having a backyard.  It's also got easements to right of it and behind it meaning you can't move enough trees to get the view.

Like I said.  It's a shit lot.

Edited by GlenFromTheMailRoom