Someone Please Explain Phish to me

Elvis Presto

Oh fuck off. I was just responding to some dumbass who was telling me to respect my elders because he saw his first Phish show a month before I saw mine.

Actually, the “elder” comment was in jest for you for trying to prove yourself as the surly phish savant by posting a ticket stub a few months before my first show. You suck and have killed this thread. I suggest wearing underwear that is not so tight.
  • Haha 1

Wait for the movement into "Roll with the Changes" by Speedwagon (~11:00 mark after a kickass 'The Wedge').  I've long since outgrown my Phish phase.  Saw 'em many times back in my teens and twenties.  But this is a great jam.  

Was listening to Beatles, the Dead, and even some Phish with my 6 year old tonight after a back-to-school party in our neighborhood park.  

I can't help myself.  She loved Paul McCartney jamming for a few songs, played her a couple Dead songs, and then this one.  Just a stream of links.  That's all.  Nothing planned.  And I'm almost crying because of the infusion of magic and positivity this music pumps into our veins.  It's a drug that goes straight into your hearts and brains.  not the most genius stuff but it's so damn warming...comfort sounds for the soul.  How in the holy fuck are we where we're at as a people right now?  Rotten to the fucking core, but with this shit just coursing through our bodies?  What the FUCK PEOPLE?  Listen to this shit.  Tell me Phish sucks, tell me Jerry Garcia blows.  Whatever the fuck ails you.  I'm not defending anybody.  But I watch the smiles on our children bobbing up and down to this shit.  It's magic for the ears and the spirit.

How can so many people in our country be bathed in this kinda music and still be so selfish?!?!?!?!?!?  Listen to this fucking song and just stop worshipping assholes.  Easiest fucking thing to do in the world.  We weren't supposed to live like this!  How can there be this sonic lift and then be packs and packs of human shit at every turn?  

Edited by Lobo

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2021 at 10:50 PM, Lobo said:

Wait for the movement into "Roll with the Changes" by Speedwagon (~11:00 mark after a kickass 'The Wedge').  I've long since outgrown my Phish phase.  Saw 'em many times back in my teens and twenties.  But this is a great jam.  

Was listening to Beatles, the Dead, and even some Phish with my 6 year old tonight after a back-to-school party in our neighborhood park.  

I can't help myself.  She loved Paul McCartney jamming for a few songs, played her a couple Dead songs, and then this one.  Just a stream of links.  That's all.  Nothing planned.  And I'm almost crying because of the infusion of magic and positivity this music pumps into our veins.  It's a drug that goes straight into your hearts and brains.  not the most genius stuff but it's so damn warming...comfort sounds for the soul.  How in the holy fuck are we where we're at as a people right now?  Rotten to the fucking core, but with this shit just coursing through our bodies?  What the FUCK PEOPLE?  Listen to this shit.  Tell me Phish sucks, tell me Jerry Garcia blows.  Whatever the fuck ails you.  I'm not defending anybody.  But I watch the smiles on our children bobbing up and down to this shit.  It's magic for the ears and the spirit.

How can so many people in our country be bathed in this kinda music and still be so selfish?!?!?!?!?!?  Listen to this fucking song and just stop worshipping assholes.  Easiest fucking thing to do in the world.  We weren't supposed to live like this!  How can there be this sonic lift and then be packs and packs of human shit at every turn?  

In all the years I've been going to see them, I've never caught a Wedge live (or I don't think I have).  I remember just being laser focused on trying to learn just a bit of that solo when Rift came out.  Really enjoyed this performance. 

On 8/22/2021 at 10:50 PM, Lobo said:

I've long since outgrown my Phish phase

Also, I'm not exactly traveling to several shows anymore (and I know your kids are younger than mine, which may make it harder to get away), but I think you might enjoy catching a show every now and again.  The last few I've gone to have been great.  No need to limit yourself to "phases" is all I'm saying.

Edited by dcbc

10 hours ago, dcbc said:

Also, I'm not exactly traveling to several shows anymore (and I know your kids are younger than mine, which may make it harder to get away), but I think you might enjoy catching a show every now and again.  The last few I've gone to have been great.  No need to limit yourself to "phases" is all I'm saying.

Would be nice if we could get a Texas stop in the winter or late fall.  Sigh.

1 hour ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

Would be nice if we could get a Texas stop in the winter or late fall.  Sigh.

The last two shows at Grand Prairie were on a Monday and Tuesday and were not too well attended.  So it might be a while, unfortunately.  The first of those two shows was a monster.