Tennesse

Pancho

Lulz.

"We will address the matter internally. I’m determined to do what I can to help Jeremy grow up and become a better man. Our team and staff respect our law enforcement and we will continue to educate our players on how to carry themselves at all times.”

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Tennessee LB apologizes after arrest video catches him saying ‘where I’m from we shoot at cops’  

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/02/tennessee-lb-apologizes-after-arrest-video-catches-him-saying-where-im-from-we-shoot-at-cops/

Since he is from Memphis, he is probably telling the truth.

Pull up this thread when the mouth breathers start opining on why CFB coaches make so much damn money relative to the other educators at the university.  School has problems, that is for sure, but they are also a big state school in the middle of prime recruiting territory.  No reason for them to be this shitty for this long.  

2 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Pull up this thread when the mouth breathers start opining on why CFB coaches make so much damn money relative to the other educators at the university.  School has problems, that is for sure, but they are also a big state school in the middle of prime recruiting territory.  No reason for them to be this shitty for this long.  

They aren't really in prime territory. Appalachia sucks regionally for football and Knoxville is 400 miles from Memphis, Tennessee's sole true football hotbed. Many of the other SEC schools are about as close or closer -- Tennessee has little brand loyalty to kids coming out of HS there, football players or not. I went to jr high in Nashville and very few of my classmates ended up in Knoxville while many went to Ole Miss, Bama, Auburn, Kentucky, Georgia and even Florida. Being such a long skinny state with scrawny white kids raised on mother's meth and Mountain Dew in the immediate area of the school really fucks the Vols. Balls to the wall pay-for-play / taking risks on suspect kids is the only way they can succeed -- homegrown players ain't gonna cut it. WVA has similar problems but they are at least closer to Western PA and Ohio.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

They aren't really in prime territory. Appalachia sucks regionally for football and Knoxville is 400 miles from Memphis, Tennessee's sole true football hotbed. Many of the other SEC schools are about as close or closer -- Tennessee has little brand loyalty to kids coming out of HS there, football players or not. I went to jr high in Nashville and very few of my classmates ended up in Knoxville while many went to Ole Miss, Bama, Auburn, Kentucky, Georgia and even Florida. Being such a long skinny state with scrawny white kids raised on mother's meth and Mountain Dew in the immediate area of the school really fucks the Vols. Balls to the wall pay-for-play / taking risks on suspect kids is the only way they can succeed -- homegrown players ain't gonna cut it. WVA has similar problems but they are at least closer to Western PA and Ohio.

Point taken.  Meant that as a large, regional player they are in close enough proximity to pull kids from AL, GA, MS, etc (assuming they can find a coach that has the chops).  Hell, If Mack can get UNC in the top ten, a good coach was pull TN from the ashes.  They just can't find anyone worth a shit.  

Vol Calls with Pruitt is tonight at 7 pm CT if anyone wants to ask a question. I'm guessing they'll screen callers even harder than usual for this episode.

Celebrating 32 years, "Vol Calls" is the exclusive statewide radio show that allows Tennessee fans to call in and talk with the head coaches of the Tennessee Volunteers. Fans can place a "Vol Call" anywhere in the United States by dialing 1-800-688-8657 (VOLS). Patrons at Calhoun's On the River may ask a question in person, and fans may also Tweet questions to @VolNetwork_IMG, #AskVolNetwork. The program can be heard on 50-plus radio stations across the state of Tennessee on the Vol Radio Network and all over the world through UTsports.com and the UT GameDay App.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...