The Rudy Thread

Francisco 2.0

8 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

A New York appellate court suspended Rudolph W. Giuliani’s law license on Thursday after a disciplinary panel found that he made “demonstrably false and misleading” statements about the 2020 election as Donald J. Trump’s personal attorney.

The court wrote in a 33-page decision that Mr. Giuliani’s conduct threatened “the public interest and warrants interim suspension from the practice of law.”

Mr. Giuliani helped lead Mr. Trump’s legal challenge to the election results, arguing without merit that the vote had been rife with fraud and that voting machines had been rigged.

“We conclude that there is uncontroverted evidence that respondent communicated demonstrably false and misleading statements to courts, lawmakers and the public at large in his capacity as lawyer for former President Donald J. Trump and the Trump campaign in connection with Trump’s failed effort at reelection in 2020,” the decision read.

A lawyer for Mr. Giuliani could not be immediately reached for comment.

Mr. Giuliani, who was admitted to the state bar in New York in 1969, once had a prominent legal career. He worked in the Justice Department during the Reagan administration, and was named the United States Attorney in Manhattan in 1983.

He was mayor of New York City for eight years, rising to national prominence as he steered the city through the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/24/nyregion/giuliani-law-license-suspended-trump.html

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

So this is after he was trying to get a bunch of money for repping Trump, and then was never fully paid (or paid at all)???

I would laugh my ass off if he's getting suspended from practicing law, all the while Trump was not paying him.  

That would be awesome if Trump gave that rationale to a reporter:

"President Trump, what do you say to people who question why you never paid Rudy for his work on your behalf in contesting the election results?" 

"Well, I didn't pay him because he was about to be disbarred.  I don't pay people who aren't qualified.  I only surround myself with the smartest, most capable people."

"Well then why did your campaign send a disbarred, incapable person to contest your election results?"

"FAKE NEWS!" 

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

A New York appellate court suspended Rudolph W. Giuliani’s law license on Thursday after a disciplinary panel found that he made “demonstrably false and misleading” statements about the 2020 election as Donald J. Trump’s personal attorney.

The court wrote in a 33-page decision that Mr. Giuliani’s conduct threatened “the public interest and warrants interim suspension from the practice of law.”

Mr. Giuliani helped lead Mr. Trump’s legal challenge to the election results, arguing without merit that the vote had been rife with fraud and that voting machines had been rigged.

“We conclude that there is uncontroverted evidence that respondent communicated demonstrably false and misleading statements to courts, lawmakers and the public at large in his capacity as lawyer for former President Donald J. Trump and the Trump campaign in connection with Trump’s failed effort at reelection in 2020,” the decision read.

A lawyer for Mr. Giuliani could not be immediately reached for comment.

Mr. Giuliani, who was admitted to the state bar in New York in 1969, once had a prominent legal career. He worked in the Justice Department during the Reagan administration, and was named the United States Attorney in Manhattan in 1983.

He was mayor of New York City for eight years, rising to national prominence as he steered the city through the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/24/nyregion/giuliani-law-license-suspended-trump.html

That's a fantastic precedent for other bars to follow, and, for any other jurisdiction in which he is admitted, he must disclose this decision and those respective bars impose "reciprocal" discipline.

ETA a big caveat:  The decision is here http://www.nycourts.gov/courts/ad1/calendar/List_Word/2021/06_Jun/24/PDF/Matter of Giuliani (2021-00506) PC.pdf.  This is an "interim" decision.  He is suspended from practice of law pending a full decision.

Still, it considers and dismisses First Amendment arguments under Supreme Court and NY precedents. @jimmyjazz will like this

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Insecure on HBO

Geez. Politicization in the justice department? That does sound bad! Has that ever even happened before?!? But no, dipshit. This isn't politicization. Your father blatantly violated his duty of candor to the court and many other of the rules of professional conduct. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Geez. Politicization in the justice department? That does sound bad! Has that ever even happened before?!? But no, dipshit. This isn't politicization. Your father blatantly violated his duty of candor to the court and many other of the rules of professional conduct. 

[Andrew Giuliani]Tell me more about this candy of the court[/Andrew Giuliani]

Wow, a court in Manhattan has Democrat judges on it?  What a huge fucking surprise Andrew.  Wait until MAQA nation finds out about this.  This is a major revelation! 

Also, Andrew's 'press conference' backdrop?  Looks like the parking lot of a landscaping company.  

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

So this is after he was trying to get a bunch of money for repping Trump, and then was never fully paid (or paid at all)???

I would laugh my ass off if he's getting suspended from practicing law, all the while Trump was not paying him.  

Say goodbye to your ass then.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

That is because doing coke and banging chicks isn't really something the bar minds.  If they did, there would be a lot less lawyers.

TIL doing coke and banging hooers is not a requirement to be a lawyer. You learn something new every day.

10 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

TIL doing coke and banging hooers is not a requirement to be a lawyer.

It's actually part of the bar exam.  Well, I remember doing that on the evening of the last day of the bar exam, so I'm pretty sure that was part of the test.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

One of my right wing lunatic friends texted me this earlier blaming the deep state. I will not be bothering to respond.

The fact is this is both warranted and humiliating for Rudy. It needed to happen and I view it as a good first step to reining in the lying kraken idiocy going on. These people need to face the consequences for what it is obvious they are doing. 

Disbarment, bankruptcy, and prison, and in that order, needs to happen to the lawyers involved in this insurrection and complete debasement of the rule of law in the pursuit of personal gain, whether it be money, power, madness, or all of the above. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1