The Rudy Thread

Francisco 2.0

36 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Can Rudy simultaneously be Trump's personal lawyer AND act as a diplomat/Presidential rep?    One seems to offer Trump attorney/client privilege and the other exec privilege but I can't imagine that Trump can have both in the same relationship. 

I also think that if Rudy is acting as an US agent, then all of his communications are potentially discoverable. Perhaps he can fight it with exec privilege but that won't be his decision.

These are our concerns, Dude.

• Like 2

On 10/16/2019 at 9:59 AM, kevwun said:

I'm starting to think Rudy may have been up to no good.  He sure does have a lot of business partners in jail.

What’s truly surprising to me is how Trump keeps finding people to leap into his fixer/dirty trickster role.  Cohen, Manafort and Stone are all in jail.  Rudy will be soon.  And when he falls, damn if there won’t be someone else to step up to be Trump’s insulation from the worst of his crimes.

On October 17, 2019 at 5:13 PM, Goredho said:

What’s truly surprising to me is how Trump keeps finding people to leap into his fixer/dirty trickster role.  Cohen, Manafort and Stone are all in jail.  Rudy will be soon.  And when he falls, damn if there won’t be someone else to step up to be Trump’s insulation from the worst of his crimes.

Stone isn't in jail (yet). His trial is set for Nov. 5. 

Seems like Rudy, Toensing, and diGenova are shoe-ins for FARA charges. Considering the original source (organized crime) and the recent FARA history, you would think they’d max out sentences. But does that even mean jail time? Does it matter?

11 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

One of the two indicted associates of President Trump’s personal lawyer, Rudolph W. Giuliani, on Wednesday tied the case to the president himself, saying that some of the evidence gathered in the investigation could be subject to executive privilege.

Edward B. MacMahon Jr., a lawyer for Mr. Parnas, told the judge in the case that the potential for the White House to invoke executive privilege stemmed from the fact that Mr. Parnas had used Mr. Giuliani as his own lawyer at the same time Mr. Giuliani was working as Mr. Trump’s lawyer.

46 minutes ago, RPM said:

One of the two indicted associates of President Trump’s personal lawyer, Rudolph W. Giuliani, on Wednesday tied the case to the president himself, saying that some of the evidence gathered in the investigation could be subject to executive privilege.

Edward B. MacMahon Jr., a lawyer for Mr. Parnas, told the judge in the case that the potential for the White House to invoke executive privilege stemmed from the fact that Mr. Parnas had used Mr. Giuliani as his own lawyer at the same time Mr. Giuliani was working as Mr. Trump’s lawyer.

Didn't realize the transitive property applied here.  *not a lawyer

29 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Didn't realize the transitive property applied here.  *not a lawyer

It doesn't.  *a lawyer

For a lot of reasons this argument is borderline bad faith and nonsensical.  There are some circumstances where attorney-client privilege can cross over to multiple clients.  Typically you see this in joint defense situations or where you have a single attorney representing multiple parties jointly on a matter.  The privilege in the latter case can extend to protect against disclosure to third parties but not as between the individuals in the event of a conflict between them.  However, it is far from clear how there could be a joint representation of the president by his personal attorney and a foreign agent in any sense that would create an attorney-client privilege scenario.  Similarly the executive privilege argument is ludicrous.  Neither Giuliani nor Parnas is an executive branch employee or appointee, and I see no way they could be construed as authorized agents entitled to EP.

Most importantly, neither of these privileges would extend to the conduct being charged here, which would in my view fall within the crime-fraud exception to privilege.

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 3:21 PM, Bama Chick said:

Where is ole yellow teeth anyhow?

He’s desiccated mug was all over cable news not two weeks ago, Boris and Natasha get pinched with their go bags at the airport, and now Colludy Rudy has gone radio silent.

Anyone checked the Delta Lounge?

Rudy does seem to be in the dog house with trump based on his hiding from tv news. I assume that trump isn’t happy that Giuliani was making money off the Ukrainians but not passing on some of that money to trump like a capo is supposed to do. The other trump lawyers, ones with actual credibility, may also be advising the president that Rudy could soon be arrested by the DOJ which isn’t good for trump.

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Rudy does seem to be in the dog house with trump based on his hiding from tv news. I assume that trump isn’t happy that Giuliani was making money off the Ukrainians but not passing on some of that money to trump like a capo is supposed to do. The other trump lawyers, ones with actual credibility, may also be advising the president that Rudy could soon be arrested by the DOJ which isn’t good for trump.

Rudy's own lawyers are probably telling him to stay the fuck off tv.  Trump has no lawyers with credibility, and wouldn't listen to them even if he did.  Trump'll call Rudy the coffee boy who he didn't know soon enough though, because eventually he throws everyone under the bus.

1 minute ago, lemonlime said:

Rudy's own lawyers are probably telling him to stay the fuck off tv.  Trump has no lawyers with credibility, and wouldn't listen to them even if he did.  Trump'll call Rudy the coffee boy who he didn't know soon enough though, because eventually he throws everyone under the bus.

Rudy's lawyers: STAY OFF THE FUCKING TV

Rudy: Okay, fine.  Just going to go sit on my couch.  *butt dials the FBI and 27 reporters while talking to himself about Biden, quid pro quo and Trump* 

• Haha 1

Let me start by admitting I don’t know many cousin fuckers.   But it seems like a cousin fucker like Rudy Giuliani, who has been out of law school for over 40 years, who was mayor of the largest city in the US, who has practiced law at all levels, who owns or is partners in multiple companies raking in millions and tens of millions in consulting fees every year, shouldn’t be bitching about needing a few hundred thousand.  A cousin fucker like Rudy, with all of his experience, connections, partnerships, should be able to easily lay his hands on a few hundred thousand dollars.   

I’m going to tell my son not to fuck his cousin, both because it’s fucking creepy, but also it can lead you to being a 70-something year old man who has problems finding cash.   

• Haha 1

I don’t see Rudy as being smart enough to purposely butt dial someone as some sort of misdirection tactic.

Even if that was true, it doesn’t appear that he did much misdirecting. Maybe he sent a few reporters or investigators to look into Bahrain but that isn’t going to send all of them. 

He seems like the type to be agitated a lot, constantly fucking with his phone and checking text messages, etc., in other words, an old ripe for accidentally dialing somebody - happens to two older relatives once in a while.

If it was misdirection, he would have laid out some incredibly specific details about Biden, instead of the shit he's been pushing, and he also wouldn't have mentioned needing cash.  And I also don't think he would be talking about his personal business endeavors (Bahrain, etc.), because I doubt his partners want him drawing focus to them.

On 10/23/2019 at 3:49 PM, DDD Dad said:

It doesn't.  *a lawyer

For a lot of reasons this argument is borderline bad faith and nonsensical.  There are some circumstances where attorney-client privilege can cross over to multiple clients.  Typically you see this in joint defense situations or where you have a single attorney representing multiple parties jointly on a matter.  The privilege in the latter case can extend to protect against disclosure to third parties but not as between the individuals in the event of a conflict between them.  However, it is far from clear how there could be a joint representation of the president by his personal attorney and a foreign agent in any sense that would create an attorney-client privilege scenario.  Similarly the executive privilege argument is ludicrous.  Neither Giuliani nor Parnas is an executive branch employee or appointee, and I see no way they could be construed as authorized agents entitled to EP.

Most importantly, neither of these privileges would extend to the conduct being charged here, which would in my view fall within the crime-fraud exception to privilege.

Yep.  Strikes me as bullshit of the purest ray serene.

“....when you see these thugs being thrown into the back of a paddy wagon, you just see them thrown in, rough, and I said, ‘Please don’t be too nice,’ “ Trump told the audience of law enforcement officers...

For once I hope someone was actually listening to him. 

• Like 2