Unpopular Opinions Thread

tokamak

On 5/17/2018 at 1:17 PM, Jameslaw121 said:

I don't mind Mother's or Father's day.

What I do mind is that on Father's day all I want is some peace and quit, some beer, and a steak (that I'll make myself) - What I actually get is mostly none of those things

This. Wife gets her feelings hurt when I say I don't want any cards.  They're expensive and I just throw them away.  I just want to take the family and dogs to brunch and then find some sort of meat to apply fire to while I drink whatever I want to drink

• Like 3

On 5/28/2018 at 7:09 AM, DaysOff said:
On 5/27/2018 at 7:46 PM, BayouBill said:
He's not bad. Definitely not as bad as people on here seem to think.

He's bad. LHN should be a stepping stone for on air talent for the dozens of viewers, yet he never leaves.

Maybe because he has the greatest job at LHN ????

i think it's the sage.  just doesn't work for me at breakfast.  if given the option i take bacon every single time.  only way i'll willingly eat it is drowned in so much maple syrup i can't taste it or with pickles and mustard (blame my grandmother - i was visiting, i got back late after everyone had eaten, she made me a sausage sandwich, i was expecting bbq type sausage but it was breakfast sausage.  with pickles and mustard.).  i will go to mcdonalds and get a sausage biscuit w/ pickles and mustard, but can't stand it any other way.  i tried ordering biscuits and gravy at whataburger a few years ago thinking maybe i'd cured myself of breakfast sausage aversion (sorta like how i hated fish as a kid but now don't), but no, still not happening.  

15 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
23 hours ago, elfenix said:
breakfast sausage is terrible. 

You need to expand on this.

you wound me. 

4 hours ago, Celery Man said:

3cd253ccb11f9f4753f378002a11fc6f.jpg

i will destroy some chorizo. but that ain't red enough to be it. 

Edited by elfenix

I think The Beatles fucking suck. I told a friend this and he said something about how "they revolutionized music, they were the first band of their kind. They were amazing". Well by that logic I guess the Wright Brothers are the greatest pilots of all time? Stupid. 

I enjoyed watching Johnny Manziel play in college. 

The DH is awesome and the NL should have it. 

Saving Private Ryan is monumentally overrated after the first 20 minutes. 

God Bless America is possibly the worst song I've ever heard. It also has no true historical or patriotic importance.

LeBron is better than MJ ever was.

San Antonio is overall the best city in Texas. 

The bean & cheese taco is in my opinion the worst thing that whites have ever done to Mexican culture. You guys might not have invented it but it sure seems to be all your favorite breakfast taco. It's completely disgusting in every way. 

9 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I think The Beatles fucking suck. I told a friend this and he said something about how "they revolutionized music, they were the first band of their kind. They were amazing". Well by that logic I guess the Wright Brothers are the greatest pilots of all time? Stupid. 

God Bless America is possibly the worst song I've ever heard. It also has no true historical or patriotic importance.

The bean & cheese taco is in my opinion the worst thing that whites have ever done to Mexican culture. You guys might not have invented it but it sure seems to be all your favorite breakfast taco. It's completely disgusting in every way. 

Beatles: Totally agree. I can't go as far as to say "They suck," but they had weak singing voices and I don't like them. I can acknowledge and agree that they did revolutionize music, but that doesn't mean I have to like their music, and that doesn't mean they're above criticism.

Pitchers shouldn't hit. Agree there.

Saving Private Ryan: Yeah, what we need is a movie about the D-Day invasion that culminates in that scene.

Agreed that "God Bless America" is dogshit. It's a shit song with shit writing and every time someone makes me sing it at a ballgame or whatever I am going to intentionally wreck it. Patriotism is stupid.

Eh, I'd grant the "worst thing whites have done to Mexican culture" award to Taco Bell; a B&C taco is a fantastic hangover cure. But personally, I need meat on my tacos.

leave the rest of it

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

7/8 of those are absolutely insane. That’s solid work.

Agreed on the DH. I don't have any interest in watching someone do something they're really bad at, despite what the purist take might be.

While I don't think the Beatles suck, I don't actively seek out listening to their music. And while definitely a game changer, I think their historical importance is a bit overstated. I suspect that in the year 2300, music history and appreciation class discussions on the 20th century at the University of Jupiter will focus more on the development of the Great American Songbook -> Jazz -> Hip-Hop while focussing less on the Beatles. Their importance is exaggerated by the narcissism of the Baby Boomers. 

I do not understand the appeal of yachting at all.  I get that you can take a private boat out on water, go fishing, have a weekend escape, whatever.  Or have a challenge of sailing. 

But a luxo-yacht... so you could be sitting in a hotel for a period of time surrounded by nothing but..... water?

Besides the show-off factor, the intrinsic appeal of yachting itself would be like 1000th on my list to do with a billion dollars.  Maybe these dudes have already reached that point.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, elfenix said:

i think it's the sage.  just doesn't work for me at breakfast.  if given the option i take bacon every single time.  only way i'll willingly eat it is drowned in so much maple syrup i can't taste it or with pickles and mustard (blame my grandmother - i was visiting, i got back late after everyone had eaten, she made me a sausage sandwich, i was expecting bbq type sausage but it was breakfast sausage.  with pickles and mustard.).  i will go to mcdonalds and get a sausage biscuit w/ pickles and mustard, but can't stand it any other way.  i tried ordering biscuits and gravy at whataburger a few years ago thinking maybe i'd cured myself of breakfast sausage aversion (sorta like how i hated fish as a kid but now don't), but no, still not happening.  

e e cummings

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Helobious said:

back_in_mommy_simpsons.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, formermav43 said:

I don’t understand having a pool.

People talk about how refreshing it is to get in the water and cool off in the hot Texas summer. You know what’s cooler? Going back into the a/c.

also this

i think theres like 3 moments per year where i ever think "itd be great to jump into a body of water rightnow"

14 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Beatles: Totally agree. I can't go as far as to say "They suck," but they had weak singing voices and I don't like them. I can acknowledge and agree that they did revolutionize music, but that doesn't mean I have to like their music, and that doesn't mean they're above criticism.

Pitchers shouldn't hit. Agree there.

Saving Private Ryan: Yeah, what we need is a movie about the D-Day invasion that culminates in that scene.

Agreed that "God Bless America" is dogshit. It's a shit song with shit writing and every time someone makes me sing it at a ballgame or whatever I am going to intentionally wreck it. Patriotism is stupid.

Eh, I'd grant the "worst thing whites have done to Mexican culture" award to Taco Bell; a B&C taco is a fantastic hangover cure. But personally, I need meat on my tacos.

leave the rest of it

This is not an Unpopular Opinion below.....

You are an idiot.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mole said:

Agreed on the DH. I don't have any interest in watching someone do something they're really bad at, despite what the purist take might be.

While I don't think the Beatles suck, I don't actively seek out listening to their music. And while definitely a game changer, I think their historical importance is a bit overstated. I suspect that in the year 2300, music history and appreciation class discussions on the 20th century at the University of Jupiter will focus more on the development of the Great American Songbook -> Jazz -> Hip-Hop while focussing less on the Beatles. Their importance is exaggerated by the narcissism of the Baby Boomers. 

And so are you.

• Like 1

I don’t understand having a pool.
People talk about how refreshing it is to get in the water and cool off in the hot Texas summer. You know what’s cooler? Going back into the a/c.
I enjoy a swim every now and then. No way would I ever want to own my a pool though and all the upkeep and maintenance involved. Not worth it.

The NBA is the worst, mostly because of its fans. It’s become more about who you hate than who you like. We hate LeBron for joining his buddies in Miami, and we still hate him now that he’s lone wolfing it for his home town, and we also hate Golden State because superteam, and Durant’s a “cupcake,” but we still also hate LeBron, ‘cause hate.

And if I see another LeBron v. Jordan argument I might gouge my eyes out. They played in different eras and had different games. Both are great and were/are the best of their era. The debate has become so predictable too. Millennials who grew up in the 90s insist on Jordan, younger folks like LeBron. Older folks just stroke the flames and will throw some old timer into the conversation. Enough already.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The NBA is the worst, mostly because of its fans. It’s become more about who you hate than who you like. We hate LeBron for joining his buddies in Miami, and we still hate him now that he’s lone wolfing it for his home town, and we also hate Golden State because superteam, and Durant’s a “cupcake,” but we still also hate LeBron, ‘cause hate.

And if I see another LeBron v. Jordan argument I might gouge my eyes out. They played in different eras and had different games. Both are great and we’re the best of their era. The debate has become so predictable too. Millennials who grew up in the 90s insist on Jordan, younger folks like LeBron. Older folks just stroke the flames and will throw some old timer into the conversation. Enough already.

I pretty much agree with all of this, but I think it's more Gen Xers like myself who grew up watching and admiring Jordan, and millenials and younger who currently love Lebron. Jordan's rookie season was 1984. I realize there's probably some overlap with older millenials though.

Camping sucks.  I grew up camping and enjoying the outdoors, but went camping for the first time not too long ago.  wtf, packed up all the shit and drove the family to the nearest hotel.

When I starting going camping with my buddies in high school, my dad - who he done his share of field work in the oil patch - was utterly confused: “why in the hell would you sleep outside when you don’t have to?” He had a point.

Sleeping out in the woods does nothing to me. I don't mind spending a day out there but to sleep in a tent? Fuck that. I'll be in the hotel and come meet y'all back out there the next day.

This. I love hunting, fishing and hiking, but at the end of the day I need a shower, a toilet, a roof over my head and a bed.
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

I pretty much agree with all of this, but I think it's more Gen Xers like myself who grew up watching and admiring Jordan, and millenials and younger who currently love Lebron. Jordan's rookie season was 1984. I realize there's probably some overlap with older millenials though.

I’m Gen X, grew up with  the shoes, and idolized Jordan.

I think LeBron is better at basketball.