Unpopular Opinions Thread

tokamak

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

in n' out doesn't have franchisees.  i've had them all across texas and they're exactly the same as they are in socal. 

I’ve had them in Austin, Houston, and Phoenix. Same shitty fries at every location. The burgers are always consistently good though. I’ll give them that. Overrated, but good for sure. 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 10:25 PM, formermav43 said:

Millennials arguing that they aren’t millennials, or that they belong to a special micro generation, is the most millennial thing ever.

Signed,

A millennial born in 84

This. Born 1982 here, grandpa millennial, and that is fine. I much prefer it to Gen-X, which has come to be one of the more boring of generations (in my opinion). Sure there are some notable differences between the oldest within a generation and the rest, but that is always going to be true of both ends of the timeline. Our differences may be a little more pronounced because of the rapid change and advance in technology in the 90s and early 2000s, but who the fuck really cares? There are tons of positive qualities of the millennial generation. The stereotypes are just stupid as most stereotypes are, and comes mostly from the olds who want to bitch about the yoots, which has been happening since the beginning of humanity. To insist that you are so special that you must be separate from the "millennial" stereotype is to be pretty spot on with said stereotype, you fucking "snowflakes."

Edited by 'stache

11 hours ago, 'stache said:

This. Born 1982 here, grandpa millennial, and that is fine. I much prefer it to Gen-X, which has come to be one of the more boring of generations (in my opinion). Sure there are some notable differences between the oldest within a generation and the rest, but that is always going to be true of both ends of the timeline. Our differences may be a little more pronounced because of the rapid change and advance in technology in the 90s and early 2000s, but who the fuck really cares? There are tons of positive qualities of the millennial generation. The stereotypes are just stupid as most stereotypes are, and comes mostly from the olds who want to bitch about the yoots, which has been happening since the beginning of humanity. To insist that you are so special that you must be separate from the "millennial" stereotype is to be pretty spot on with said stereotype, you fucking "snowflakes."

okay brayden

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

It does.  Now go sort out the whole bag by each individual candy type/flavor into symmetrical piles equidistant from one another.  After you've done that, take a straight edge device of some kind and gently slide each pile into the garbage can of your choosing.  And then forget Brach's ever made this candy mistake.  

On 8/22/2020 at 8:33 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

I don’t think if I’ve ever actually had a Fresca to be honest. Was that in the RC cola family? And I don’t need the caffeine when I’m drinking soda. I’ve had this conversation about sprite with a few people and I’m definitely in the minority. I will say that 

Fresca is a coke product.  Grapefruit soda, ala squirt.  It's pretty fucking good actually.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

Yes.

Using a specific brand name to refer to an entire product produced by many distinct brands is fucking stupid.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to grab a box of kleenex and kick back on the davenport.  I'm a little under the weather.

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Hook 'Em 1

Fan.  Diet.  Squirt.  Easy.  Pop.  

What was my five word cognitive test regarding South Austin's Mom.  Guess what?  I passed.  Also, her one-word test came back negative, so giddy up.