Unpopular Opinions Thread

tokamak

40 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
1 hour ago, Hate said:
I don’t think Steve Carell is very funny. The US version of The Office was terrible.

I think he's great in The Office. Outside of that, meh.

I'm of the opposite mind... I think he's good in other stuff, but I prefer David Brent to Michael Scott.

1 hour ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Silicon Valley sucks and is a shit hole. I'm talking South of SFO, Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Santa Clara and especially San Jose. For such a venerable place, it is a horrible place to spend time in outside of conference rooms and meetings.

I thought you were talking about the HBO series at first.

33 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Name another actor who could've played that lead role and made it work. And don't you dare say Adam Sandler. Or Paul Rudd. 

Adam Sandler is fucking terrible so he's never on my radar for anything.

But that isn't my point. I never said Steve didn't play his part well. But he's not the reason why that movie was funny. It was the surrounding cast that made that movie work. It's like Seinfeld. I didn't enjoy it because of him but rather everyone else on the show.

Name another actor who could've played that lead role and made it work. And don't you dare say Adam Sandler. Or Paul Rudd. 
Paul rudd was already in the movie.

I guess i dont know carrels work besides the office which i didnt watch, the daily show and 40yov,anchorman...

Idk guess hes funny to me. Hes not gonna be the first i think of when it comes to all timers but he has his moments.

6 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Adam Sandler is fucking terrible so he's never on my radar for anything.

I don't dislike Adam Sandler movies.  I think he just enjoys making stupid movies with his buddies and they make money because the idiots like them.  But they're the kind of movies you just turn your brain off and laugh at the stupid adult humor.

I'm not going to pay $9 to go see Grown-Ups or Pixels, but if its on TV in the middle of the afternoon, I'll flip it on and not pay attention.

The only role I've liked Steve Carell in was Little Miss Sunshine.  I couldn't make it all the way through 40 YOV.  I watched about 30 minutes of it and hadn't even smiled.  I feel the same way about that dude Michael Cera.  I feel like he plays the same role that same way on every movie.  

On 10/1/2018 at 12:22 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Give me a hot dog over a corn dog any day.

Hot dog weiners taste like ass and corn dogs do a better job of covering up that flavor than hot dogs.  If I'm forced to go the hot dog route, I've got to drown that shit in chili, cheese and onions to hide that disgusting weiner flavor