Unpopular Opinions Thread

tokamak

Nirvana is the most overrated band of our generation.  Cobain couldn't sing and he could barely play the guitar.

Nirvana did manage to put out a handful of catchy, though very simple, songs.

But Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, and Alice In Chains were all more talented and it's not even close.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

All the Star Wars after the first 3 should never have been created. Fucked up a great Trilogy.

Along the same lines, all of the sequels to Rocky should have never been made. The first movie was a great story about a nobody just surviving. The rest of them turns him into a superhero and detracts from the first story. Rocky I is worse because of Rocky IV.

1 hour ago, chesthair said:

Justified sucked and tim olyphant is a horrible actor.

*The Big Lebowski is the most overrated movie ever.

*we cant get negged for posting in this thread, right? 

Neg Rep for shitty Justified/Olyphant take + Pos Rep for accurate Big Lebowski opinion = 0

Edited by Angry Gorilla

17 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Nirvana is the most overrated band of our generation.  Cobain couldn't sing and he could barely play the guitar.

Nirvana did manage to put out a handful of catchy, though very simple, songs.

But Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, and Alice In Chains were all more talented and it's not even close.

Agreed. In fact, Foo Fighters are a much better band, showing who the true talent in Nirvana actually was.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Eric Clapton agrees. Eric Johnson, not so much. In context of grunge, though, I gotta agree 1000%. Nirvana wasn't great because of talent, but they were great.

yeah and Clapton has a billion platinum albums, Johnson probably 1.

On 4/6/2018 at 5:09 PM, Vic Mackey said:
On 4/6/2018 at 4:15 PM, Bat Guano said:
Agreed. In fact, Foo Fighters are a much better band, showing who the true talent in Nirvana actually was.

Fuck that. Foo Fighters are on the same level of Nickelback. Spare, generic band that cranks out simplistic songs for the radio.

Nickelback??? You go too far, sir. I demand satisfaction. Pistols at dawn!

• Like 1

Food-specific and El Paso, Texas-specific.

I never warmed up to Chico's Tacos.

The people I knew there couldn't wait for me to try it when I was out there. Wow, they were terrible. That was an unpopular opinion.

o.jpg

: from Yelp.

Edited by Escapedgoat
added pic

5 minutes ago, Escapedgoat said:

Food-specific and El Paso, Texas-specific.

I never warmed up to Chico's Tacos.

The people I knew there couldn't wait for me to try it when I was out there. Wow, they were terrible. That was an unpopular opinion.

o.jpg

Looks like the oven is broken.

Edited by Steamboat1874

6 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Jerry Maguire was horrible.

Chick flick all of the way.

While I didn't especially like JM, the idea that chick flicks automatically suck is way off. The quality of a chick flick is in direct proportion to how likely you are to get laid after watching it, minus an adjustment for how much dialogue there is in the movie. Points deducted for Olympia Dukakis, but points added for nekkididity of acceptable quality and duration.

Food-specific and El Paso, Texas-specific. I never warmed up to Chico's Tacos. The people I knew there couldn't wait for me to try it when I was out there. Wow, they were terrible. That was an unpopular opinion.  

o.jpg

Yeah. I’m from El Paso. Not a fan. Give me Lucy’s on the West side. Their Chile relleno is awesome.  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

i don't mind Austin's growth. traffic is still nothing compared to Houston, geographically it's still not very far to anywhere. so many better restaurants than there used to be. interesting people, i hear at least 5 different languages at HEB. and the insane housing market is going to allow me to retire (early) next year when we sell our central Austin home.

1 hour ago, Dolemite said:

And disgusting at that.

I won't say it is disgusting but like Whataburger, I don't get the obsession at all. I do enjoy the speedy service they give you and the friendly service of their employees. Their waffle fries are better than their chicken sandwiches. 

On 4/6/2018 at 5:09 PM, Vic Mackey said:
On 4/6/2018 at 4:15 PM, Bat Guano said:

Fuck that. Foo Fighters are on the same level of Nickelback. Spare, generic band that cranks out simplistic songs for the radio.

Your taste in music is almost as bad as your taste in women.

• Like 1

Yep, the chubby chaser is right. Slight hyperbole, but pretty much.

Eric Clapton agrees. Eric Johnson, not so much. In context of grunge, though, I gotta agree 1000%. Nirvana wasn't great because of talent, but they were great.

Agree on your take on Nirvana. Eric Clapton is so fucking boring and overrated though. He should have put the guitar down in 1971.

*The Big Lebowski is the most overrated movie ever.

*we cant get negged for posting in this thread, right? 

Yes, this is an unpopular and just wrong opinion.

19 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I won't say it is disgusting but like Whataburger, I don't get the obsession at all. I do enjoy the speedy service they give you and the friendly service of their employees. Their waffle fries are better than their chicken sandwiches. 

Those waffle fries suck ass.....pick up your food at the counter and before you can sit down and eat one they are luke warm at best.