Unpopular Opinions Thread

tokamak

On 4/12/2018 at 8:33 AM, Stella Link said:

College Station looks like a nice place to settle down.....(OMG, I just threw up in my mouth a little bit)!!!

You gotta pick the right neighborhood, though, and you have to be the sort of person who doesn't like to go out much. If you have those two things down, then yeah, it's actually not that bad. It's especially nice during the summer, when all the aggy are gone.

• Haha 1

i don't mind Austin's growth. traffic is still nothing compared to Houston, geographically it's still not very far to anywhere. so many better restaurants than there used to be. interesting people, i hear at least 5 different languages at HEB. and the insane housing market is going to allow me to retire (early) next year when we sell our central Austin home.

I don’t mind the growth either. I’d much rather live in a fast growing dynamic city than a stagnant one that’s slowly dying. Living central is the key though. Traffic doesn’t really affect me too much. I generally don’t get on a highway so I get to avoid a lot of it. The number of restaurants and breweries I have access to within 5 miles of my home is ridiculous. Wouldn’t trade it for anything.

DH is pussy bullshit
I guess you would enjoy kickers and punters being forced to play offense and defense huh?

This isn't little league. Being a pitcher is a very specific talent that they craft their whole time. They don't worry about batting nor should they. The fact the NL makes them bat and passes it off as in the integrity of the game is bullshit. And then all the talk of double switches and strategy that the neanderthal AL fans and managers just don't understand. Yeah, whatever you have to hide behind.

NL will eventually switch to a DH.
  • Like 2

Making the pitcher bat is stupid at the MLB level.

If you are that much of a purist, why doesn’t every player player one position every inning.  Let’s have that ‘full demonstration of skill’ on the defensive side too. There are nine innings to go through nine positions.  Seems to me, we’re already letting folks puss out...

You know Tuve would be running his mouth nonstop behind the plate, making batters laugh.

Edited by slorch

Although a bit ridiculous, that's certainly a better argument than Vic's flawed "kicker / punter" analogy; however, I still don't think it's too much to ask for a player to actually bat when they've taken up a full-time position on the field.

Edited by KaiserSoze

When I was at UT my frat had a guy fighting a guy from ZBT during sigma chi fight night. I brokered a pretty large bet on the fight which i parceled out to our members. Our fighter kicked his ass and when I went to collect the bet I took a designated hitter. That is the only proper use of a designated hitter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:
3 hours ago, KaiserSoze said:
Lulz, no, just no.

NL will absolutely switch at some point and it will be for the better. Such a specialized position should not bat. It makes a mockery of the game sending a guy who does not even work at batting nor cares. It's idiotic.

But a guy who can’t play the field isn’t a mockery of the game. Sure.

• Like 3

NL will absolutely switch at some point and it will be for the better. Such a specialized position should not bat. It makes a mockery of the game sending a guy who does not even work at batting nor cares. It's idiotic.
I watched Nolan hit a HR in his first game to straight away center in a cavernous Dome. Lots of American league fagetry on display here. I'm one now too, but my world championship banner keeps me warm at night.

17 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I got something you can suck on when your mom finishes.

Mom died of cancer at age 61 19 years ago.

As far as the movie, as I've said in other threads, I've tried to like it.  I watched it several times and can't make it happen.  Sorry Swayze.  RIP by the way.

4 minutes ago, NIUHuskies said:

Having never seen it, Game of Thrones seems like it sucks

its an acquired taste. good time killer in the summer if you want to sit down and watch. I recommend no phones in your hand while its on because you  miss a lot of detail, but its pretty good.

Theres so many characters/side plots/whatever in the first few seasons that its hard to digest

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM

11 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Your wife drives better than you?

Neither of us has received a ticket in over 25 years, so it depends on what standard you are using. But in general, I distrust men who claim women are bad drivers. Usually, in my experience, they themselves suck.

And major lulz at cheeseferret negging an unpopular opinion in the unpopular opinions thread. Dude, take a xanax.

Edited by Walden Ponderer