Unpopular Opinions Thread

tokamak

On 6/23/2022 at 11:51 AM, Helobious said:

Arch manning does not suck, but if he had a different last name I think he’d just be a 4 star recruit. Will be good in college but not some transcendent superstar. 

Can't disagree with that.  But our team will be better for the other recruits that come to play with him.  That alone is worth it even if he busts.  

• 4 weeks later...

The original Top Gun is better than the new one. I just re-watched it tonight.

The original hit when I was in college, and was the ultimate adrenaline movie for me. The Cold War was real, and our planes were buzzing each other all the time. Heck, my brother was on a nuclear sub playing cat and mouse with the Soviets around the North Atlantic at the time. The generic bad guy country in Maverick doesn’t resonate the same way.

The story arc with Goose was better than anything in Maverick, and the dogfight scenes with the MIGs were more realistic, particularly with the overlay of geopolitics at the time. No way we’d fly the Maverick mission with U.S. F-35s. That’s a cruise missile strike. Or we would use a proxy like Israel. 

Plus Kelly McGillis. Man, she did it for me back in the day.  I know she didn’t age well, but she was at the peak of her powers then. Meg Ryan?  Yes, please (even though she also has not aged well).

Edited by nnm

• 4 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Joe Dirt remains criminally underrated and deserves a bigger post-theatrical cult status much bigger than it has

Eh, I think it's rated exactly where it should be. Cult classic that has a lot of nostalgia for a lot of people, but isn't that great of a movie. 

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

That's the wrong tone. Do it again, and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. 

I will say the "It's not about you, it's about the consumer" pops into my head regularly. 

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

You are an idiot.

I will say that the Beatles doc that came out recently kinda took a little shine off The Beatles. I always kinda figured they had some deep meaning behind the lyrics. Turns out a lot of it was them just riffing with words that sounded good. 

• 2 weeks later...

Almost finished season 3 of Game of Thrones and still not sure what the hype was about. I normally love these type periods/story lines but just can't get into this show. I have watched maybe 2 back to back episodes due more to wandering to watch something else. I've gone weeks at times between episodes including binging other series completely before coming back to GOT.   I like it, just no great love of it.

6 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Almost finished season 3 of Game of Thrones and still not sure what the hype was about. I normally love these type periods/story lines but just can't get into this show. I have watched maybe 2 back to back episodes due more to wandering to watch something else. I've gone weeks at times between episodes including binging other series completely before coming back to GOT.   I like it, just no great love of it.

If you're not invested by now, you might as well pull the rip cord whenever you want because it doesn't get better towards the end. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/11/2022 at 8:00 AM, StruggleBus said:

If you don't shower twice a day you're a dirty piece of shit and/or fat/lazy

On 5/11/2022 at 8:58 AM, Helobious said:

That’s pretty terrible for your skin & hair. And a waste of water. Once is enough unless you’ve done grimy shit.

On 5/18/2022 at 8:44 PM, formermav43 said:

If you need to shower twice a day, you must be filthy and/or extremely fat.

On 5/19/2022 at 6:40 AM, Vic Mackey said:

Why the fuck do you need 2 showers a day? 

Do any of you people ever get laid?  For fuck's sake, I shower/shave in the morning so I look presentable and I don't stink during the workday.  I shower before bed because I like to get my laid, and I have too much respect for my girlfriend to shove my sweaty dick and balls in her face.    She showers before bed for the same reason.   Fucking hygiene, how does it work?

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Do any of you people ever get laid?  For fuck's sake, I shower/shave in the morning so I look presentable and I don't stink during the workday.  I shower before bed because I like to get my laid, and I have too much respect for my girlfriend to shove my sweaty dick and balls in her face.    She showers before bed for the same reason.   Fucking hygiene, how does it work?

Sorry. I don't work in a coal mine.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Are Ho baths OK?

19 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Wait, you shower before having sex? Both of you? 

fans GIF

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/13/2022 at 7:13 AM, CooterBrown said:

Gregory should be torn down and a proper arena built for the volleyball team. Look at what we’ve done for football and basketball and they haven’t done shit in forever.

Fits the thread. Gregory is an amazing atmosphere.

On 10/11/2022 at 2:02 PM, slorch said:

That I'm not into the Napoleon-esque funk coming up from the muff?

https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/the-men-who-crave-day-old-pussy

I’m famous?

Bratty Unshowered Sweaty Thong and Butt,” but my personal favorite is “Sweaty Brat Makes You Eat Ass.” I mean, relationship goals

• 2 weeks later...