Unpopular Opinions Thread

tokamak

On 4/15/2018 at 4:00 PM, Jack Straw said:

Thin Mint cookies suck ass 

Big Red is disgusting 

On 4/15/2018 at 4:14 PM, Walden Ponderer said:

Thin Mints rock, but you are correct about Big Red. They ought to stock that shit in poison centers, because if Big Red doesn't make you puke, nothing will.

Big Red? The soft drink?  Fuck's wrong with you people?

Damned commies.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 1

On 9/30/2018 at 8:09 PM, Vic Mackey said:

The State Fair of Texas is a fucking beating and there is nothing special about Fletcher corn dogs.

You know the nickname for Fletcher corn dogs is "chola bait" don't you? Walk around with a handful of those puppies and you'll be covered up by the dozens of cholos who just want a bite

For 125 years of MLB, taking the flag has been a big deal for 75 years.  Winning the Pennant was a big, laborious deal.  I think a champagne celebration in the locker room is understandable.  I think regular season berths, wild card, and LDS over-the-top celebration is bullshit.  But you take your league's flag, you should party down.  And of course, the World Series should be call girls-cum-dead hookers in trunks.  

it's not unpopular.  I have watched 2 NFL games in the last 10 years.  And I even consider that to be a complete and total waste of time.  We all need a break from our families and jobs and neighbors, but there are so many better options.  Plus, I don't know who among us can attend 8-10 games/year for uT football and then still carve out 21 Sundays beyond that for NFL and playoffs.  I guess most men on this site are independently wealthy and can just blow off 14-21 weekends/year.  God bless y'all.  But what a colossal waste of time.  

Not so much an opinion, but something I did probably 99% of the population wouldn't have done... I turned down a ticket to go to the World Series game 3.

A subcontractor called me up this morning saying he could get tickets behind home plate or close by.

I don't like particularly like baseball, and won't watch it on TV, but I'll watch it in person all day long because it's a good time to drink beer and chit chat. But at $1000+ a ticket, I didn't feel comfortable the idea because there's a $25 million contract on the line, and didn't want to feel obligated to him.

Not so much an opinion, but something I did probably 99% of the population wouldn't have done... I turned down a ticket to go to the World Series game 3.
A subcontractor called me up this morning saying he could get tickets behind home plate or close by.
I don't like particularly like baseball, and won't watch it on TV, but I'll watch it in person all day long because it's a good time to drink beer and chit chat. But at $1000+ a ticket, I didn't feel comfortable the idea because there's a $25 million contract on the line, and didn't want to feel obligated to him.

Baseball is indeed boring.

So you turned down a 1000 ticket that u would have to pay for or was it going to be comped? If comped.. you're crazy.

The only time i spend 1000 on any sporting event is if the vikings got to the super bowl which will never happen so i won't need to worry about it

9 hours ago, Superhero said:

all advertising should show the actual product being marketed and nothing else.  you sell shitty sandwiches?  don't show me some idealized one with 20 slices of ham and turkey on it when you know your 'artists' are counting out exactly 6 slices after mashing the bread.  ad agency should have to go order a ham sandwich at a place in des moines and take pictures of that.  you sell drugs?  don't show me independently wealthy baby boomers taking the motorcycle trip of lifetime to the family picnic and then relaxing in his and her hot tubs watching the sunset over a 20 mile panoramic view.  you have to show two boring ass pills.  you sell financial services?  sorry, you don't have a fucking product to show so you don't get to advertise.  fuck you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah, it's good for a fast food burger.  Better than all it's competition, but that's about it.  It's still fast food. It's usually the best option when I'm out driving around and I appreciate it but it's nothing I'd ever crave or specifically leave the house for.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Yeah, it's good for a fast food burger.  Better than all it's competition, but that's about it.  It's still fast food. It's usually the best option when I'm out driving around and I appreciate it but it's nothing I'd ever crave or specifically leave the house for.  

Technically you do have to specifically leave the house for Whataburger. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
36 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
Wow. Try living somewhere without them then you'll take them for granted

I wouldn't miss it at all. I've ate Whataburger once in the last 5 months.

Because those fat bitches you hang out with eat yours before you can  get to it. 

• Like 9