Candace Owens

RollLeft

31 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

JFC, could we maybe drop the whole racism angle and go back to the nepotism pointed out a page ago since her husband is the CEO of Parler where her "research" is being promoted? That will suffice for the present, right?

maybe we shouldn't.  Sometimes people need to know when to quit while they are behind and/or own it.  

15 minutes ago, Satchel said:

I’m curious as to why my critique of another black person’s activities garners so much interest in this thread? 

I am sure this is just a bit for you but I would guess that nearly everyone posting in this thread agrees with you regarding your critique. For some reason, however, you and @jimmyjazz have trouble seeing that jokes or critiques using racial slurs are not worthy of aplomb.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

I am sure this is just a bit for you but I would guess that nearly everyone posting in this thread agrees with you regarding your critique. For some reason, however, you and @jimmyjazz have trouble seeing that jokes or critiques using racial slurs are not worthy of aplomb.

What makes you think this is a bit for me?

Edited by Satchel

14 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Because I am being charitable. The alternative is you are too incredibly thick to understand what people are criticizing.

That’s unnecessarily personal. Anybody else?

Edited by Satchel

14 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

All this coon talk reminds me of that one time Fox News compared Michelle Obama's lunch to eating a live raccoon. 

Had to look it up, but it seems the YouTube versions of this clip have been taken down. Thanks to Comedy Central for keeping it alive:. https://www.cc.com/video/fx15vt/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-moment-of-zen-michelle-obama-has-a-cheeseburger

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

Had to look it up, but it seems the YouTube versions of this clip have been taken down. Thanks to Comedy Central for keeping it alive:. https://www.cc.com/video/fx15vt/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-moment-of-zen-michelle-obama-has-a-cheeseburger

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

a raccoon is only 1500 calories? a raccoon a day keeps the doctor away!

6 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Jfc. I'm putting satchel on block. Homeboy just loves him some slurs for self-hating grifters

If you think I’m tough on Candy, stay away from black talk radio/Twitter. You’d need a fainting couch. 
I’ve observed the use of the term “nigga” in its various spellings in the forum for some time, and it’s used with impunity. Why do you think that is?

23 minutes ago, seven said:

Jimmyjazz is a habitual racial line stepper. I've noticed it even back on the old site. He's an old guy who probably is not racist by 1960's standards but it's pretty fucking cringe now. 

Um.  I don't think that's fair, really, unless you're relying solely on the use of racially charged terms without context.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Um.  I don't think that's fair, really, unless you're relying solely on the use of racially charged terms without context.

The context is his posts in threads about race over a period of many years. 

On 2/21/2022 at 3:31 PM, Neonmoon said:

Uggh, yes, that context matters. You win. 

But guy on message board. no

Well that's fair.  I think use of such terms has literary value at times, and is necessary in historical work.

And, there are efforts at literary work here, usually of the comedic form, feeble as they may be, except Canecutter's.  But if they can only be used in "good" literary work, then that may be a problem.

So, criticize the post, sure.  But drawing inferences about the poster I'm not really down with.

Or, I suppose we could declare such words absolutely poison, in which case no one should use them, including their targets, under any circumstances.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Still, a middle-aged white guy using a slur as a joke about a black woman seems to cross a line, even if you think that the black woman gives cover to terrible, racist behavior. 

For example, Blazing Saddles was slur-ridden, but it was very clearly in mockery of the racists. The slurs weren’t the jokes, but rather the racists using slurs were the butt of the jokes. I don’t see that movie as particularly racist despite its liberal use of racist language and tropes.

Joking by calling someone a racial slur is a bit different. You could make the case that it’s also in mockery of the racist position (quoting the hypothetical racist), but using racist language to argue a black woman is an anti-Black racist seems a bit rich. If “enlightened” views lead to such behavior, maybe they aren’t so enlightened.

• Hook 'Em 7

16 minutes ago, Mole said:

Still, a middle-aged white guy using a slur as a joke about a black woman seems to cross a line, even if you think that the black woman gives cover to terrible, racist behavior. 

For example, Blazing Saddles was slur-ridden, but it was very clearly in mockery of the racists. The slurs weren’t the jokes, but rather the racists using slurs were the butt of the jokes. I don’t see that movie as particularly racist despite its liberal use of racist language and tropes.

Joking by calling someone a racial slur is a bit different. You could make the case that it’s also in mockery of the racist position (quoting the hypothetical racist), but using racist language to argue a black woman is an anti-Black racist seems a bit rich. If “enlightened” views lead to such behavior, maybe they aren’t so enlightened.

Well, like I said, criticize the post, but don't infer bad intentions or character of the poster.

Clearly, use of such language is risky and probably best avoided.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

“Male bears actually kill their cubs,” she tells the audience, which doesn’t quite know how to react. It’s just like humans, she adds. “When female bears give birth and are nursing their cubs, they cannot go into heat.” And here comes the really “weird” part, she announces: “If a nursing mother loses her cubs, the lactation will stop and she will once again become receptive to breeding. So male bears kill their cubs for sex. Really, that’s what it comes down to.”

But the point is that mama bears will fend off horny dads to protect their cubs. And that’s just what conservative women are doing.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/03/cpac-showed-what-new-gop-cares-about/623883/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab

spacer.png

I don't even think that's correct. If male bears kill cubs that they aren't the father of, they do it so they can breed with the female and produce offspring that are genetically theirs. Its not about "sex" its about breeding. This is fairly common in the animal kingdom. I know male lions do the same.

Regardless, drawing conclusions about human behavior or politics from animal behavior is dumb, reveals a limited mental capacity.

iow, I don't give a shit about bears, Candace needs to stfu.

Often when I write about the racist right I use the word negroes in their voice.

Is that offensive to anyone? It fits in with Twice Horn's context position which I've always thought of as valid. I use it to illustrate that whomever I'm vilifying stopped addressing their own racism back in the 60s. Negro was the polite N word. Whites felt they were putting all that racial problem behind them by limiting the actual N word to private conversations with good, like-thinking friends.

If it is offensive, I'll drop it.

To be clear, I'm not embracing or recommending negro as acceptable plain language. 

• Hook 'Em 2

**Middle Aged white man drops out of Ukraine thread for a bit once discussion is about whether outsiders should be able to tell Ukrainians to lay down arms or continue the fight.**

...arrives in Candace Owen thread to find ongoing discussions of who can, and how can, one "properly" use N words in 2022...

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47a2ulfuum8qjanxvqf1

Edited by Chad Fuck
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2022 at 11:27 AM, RomaVicta said:

Often when I write about the racist right I use the word negroes in their voice.

Is that offensive to anyone? It fits in with Twice Horn's context position which I've always thought of as valid. I use it to illustrate that whomever I'm vilifying stopped addressing their own racism back in the 60s. Negro was the polite N word. Whites felt they were putting all that racial problem behind them by limiting the actual N word to private conversations with good, like-thinking friends.

If it is offensive, I'll drop it.

To be clear, I'm not embracing or recommending negro as acceptable plain language. 

Acho isn't a fan of it.

On 3/16/2022 at 10:55 PM, Pancho said:

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

This is so stupid and wrong and can be easily verified as wrong with even the most lazy, minimal amount of Internet research, yet people are going to watch this, believe it, and start repeating it.

I don't know who the dumbest right wing media grifter is, but she has to be up there.

• Hook 'Em 1