Fort Worth Police Kill Woman Inside Her Own Home

Vic Mackey

Body cam footage of the officer who killed her on the link. 

Capture.png

FORT WORTH, Texas - A Fort Worth Police Department officer fatally shot a woman who was inside her home early Saturday morning.

This incident began just before 2:30 a.m., when police got a call about a home’s front door being open in the 1200 block of E. Allen Ave.

While responding officers were searching the area, an officer looked inside the home through a window, and saw a person standing inside.

According to police, the officer pulled out his service weapon after “perceiving a threat.”

On body camera video released by Fort Worth PD, the officer can be heard saying, “Put your hands up. Show me your hands,” before shooting through the window at the person inside.

Officers then went into the home, and found a woman who had been shot by the officer, along with a handgun. Police have not said whether the gun was found near the woman, or found in another part of the home.

Officers immediately began giving the woman first aid, but the woman, who lived at the home, was later pronounced dead.

The officer who fired the shot, who has been with Fort Worth PD since April 2018, has been put routine administrative leave until an investigation into the shooting is complete.

No other injuries were reported.

The investigation into this shooting is continuing.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/woman-fatally-shot-inside-her-home-by-fort-worth-officer?fbclid=IwAR2SJTDU5QVqJrkoHZWzmRiaOUKbf0O8ufykOINOb5FJUaSBRceEW8tcSiE

Sickening.

The neighbor who called the non-emergency number for a health check.

"Smith told the Star-Telegram that he was “shaken” by the incident, and said he took part of the blame.

“If I had never dialed the police department, she’d still be alive,” Smith said.

“It makes you not want to call the police department,” he added. “If you don’t feel safe with the police department, then who do you feel safe with?”"

Just sickening.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Jshep34 said:

Thin blue line is BS. Start charging these public servants with murder and sentence them to higher standards that are supposed to be held to

people who believe in the thin blue line should be handled like traitors. you either take an oath to uphold the constitution or you choose to support people who break the law. there is no duality. treason = thin blue line. supporting cops is not the same as supporting the thin blue line.  support cops, don't support bad cops. good cops don't support criminals regardless of the law. the sooner people realize that the better we all will be.

• Like 4

So the police response response here was to sneak around through the backyard like a fucking ninja and then freak out like a 9 year old when he sees something spooky?  Jesus. What a total fucking idiot.

How about, I don't know just spit-balling here, . . .  knocking on the front door and saying "Police, is everything OK?"

• Like 6

At least Amber Guyger had an excuse. In no way was she justified, but it is not difficult to imagine going in to the wrong apartment (forgetting the whole heard someone moving around inside bit). But these idiots created a situation and then killed someone because they created a situation. They should be put in the looney bin and confined to a straight jacket for the safety of everyone around them.

I am a 40-something white male.  I used to believe that cops were good (unless I happened to be driving over the speed limit or a 19 yr old in possession of alcoholic beverages).   Until the cops get their own house in order, they have 100% lost the benefit of the doubt.  

• Like 8

Ya know what?

Even if this was a break in and the cops outside saw movement inside, THEY STILL SHOULD NOT BE FIRING BLINDLY INTO A BUILDING FROM THE OUTSIDE

I don’t know, I’m just a dumb citizen with no LEO “training” but wouldn’t it be smarter and safer to surround the building and cover all exits? Maybe use a bullhorn to let the intruder know they’re surrounded and give them the chance to surrender?

Nah. Definitely smarter to just blast away with no intelligence on the situation.

Just this week my daughter accidentally left the front door ajar and it was discovered 45 minutes later when I got home.

Good thing none of my neighbors called the cops, saw my daughter walking around, or my 85 pound dog who loves to lay up in the window and decided to fucking blast them.

There is NO excuse to be made by police for this.

I can think of many reasonable reasons why a door might be ajar or open before I get to “It’s the sign of a dangerous criminal inside”.

This is murder.

• Like 5

Just now, Murfdogg21 said:

Not defending cop, but she was “playing with her nephew” with a pistol laying on the floor?

Probably a toy gun.

Besides, she was in her own home. As long as she wasn't pointing a firearm at someone, she can do whatever the fuck she wants. Whatever happened to simply knocking on the front door?

Pretty obvious case of murder, but after the Guyger trial, this "peace" officer will better know what to say (and what lies to tell), so securing a conviction will be that much more difficult.

Hope I'm wrong.

2 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Not defending cop, but she was “playing with her nephew” with a pistol laying on the floor?

We don't know where the pistol was, just that it was in the house.  Could have been a throwdown, could have been in a shoebox in the closet.

2 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Probably a toy gun.

Besides, she was in her own home. As long as she wasn't pointing a firearm at someone, she can do whatever the fuck she wants. Whatever happened to simply knocking on the front door?

Pretty obvious case of murder, but after the Guyger trial, this "peace" officer will better know what to say (and what lies to tell), so securing a conviction will be that much more difficult.

Hope I'm wrong.

I think with the cam footage, there's less factual shading that can be done.

I think these recent Texas cases have probably made it clearer to everyone what most surly types have believed for quite some time:  there are a shit pile of cops that have no business walking around with a gun.  Possibly all of them.  I've liked the British idea of disarming cops except for small rapid-reaction teams of highly trained shooters.

• Like 4

I agree it seems like a case of manslaughter/homocide. Just pointing out how politicians quickly rushing in to paint the victim as a perfect citizen may want to slow their roll until all the facts come out. Again, not defending cops and it seems like the shooter should be arrested and tried. 

Again, the indictable offense here is murder.

It doesn't really matter whether the citizen was perfect or not, cops don't have the prerogative to be jury, judge and executioner unless their lives are in danger and they have little or no recourse.  In Balch Springs, Farmers Branch, Dallas, Arlngton, and Fort Worth, the only danger to the officer was in his or her overheated imagination.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 2

On case there was any doubt...your life, your rights, you....are worthless.
Law enforcement in this country is completely broken. They have so ingrained within themselves the ethos of “it’s a war on cops, everyone is trying to kill me.” They are consumed by, and controlled by, fear. And fear makes them stupid, callous, and cruel.
A cop just murdered someone in their own home, because the cop’s instantaneous reaction was to use deadly force. Yeah....we’ve been through this before. And clearly, it’s going to keep happening, again and again.
Because they are heroes who deserve to live, no matter the cost. And we...well, we’re just subjects. Insects. Deadly threats until we prove otherwise, under a standard of proof that only the cops know, and only they get to decide.
We probably need to just create a running thread for “cop kills innocent citizen in their own home.” Just keep a running tally.

• Like 8

If a cop is that scared and jittery then they should not be a police officer, find another profession. But hell, LEO training only takes what, 4 months before they take the state exam? It takes a lot longer to become a licensed barber/beautician.

One would think that people having the responsibility of a law enforcement officer would have longer and better training but no, they don't.

They're going to try to justify this killing, the victim will be put on trial. A gun was in the house, yeah no shit it's Texas.

Edited by Slade
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Jshep34 said:

Agree with what you are saying. As the case in dallas you had cops covering for a dirty cop. Public perception isnt going to change till the good ones ( i believe there alot of good ones) start outing the bad ones.

If they’re keeping secrets for the bad ones then they’re not “good ones”.

Pretty simple really.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

I agree it seems like a case of manslaughter/homocide. Just pointing out how politicians quickly rushing in to paint the victim as a perfect citizen may want to slow their roll until all the facts come out. Again, not defending cops and it seems like the shooter should be arrested and tried. 

I don’t give a fuck whether she was a Sunday School teacher or a hardened felon.  She did nothing to justify her execution at the moment he decided she should die.   

• Like 2