South Park

RPM

Here's my Cartman theory:

He really is married to that girl but she grew up Jewish and also hates Jews, so is all in on Cartman fucking with Kyle. His kids are just as bad as him too and are all in on it too. There's just no way he's not fucking with Kyle. The last scene before they fix everything will be him laughing at him "I got you kinda..."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2021 at 6:23 PM, 'stache said:

Here's my Cartman theory:

He really is married to that girl but she grew up Jewish and also hates Jews, so is all in on Cartman fucking with Kyle. His kids are just as bad as him too and are all in on it too. There's just no way he's not fucking with Kyle. The last scene before they fix everything will be him laughing at him "I got you kinda..."

I think he’s definitely fucking with Kyle but I think the wife has no idea. Cart man is just twisted. He may even shit on his kids when the long game is revealed. 

your idea works too. 

1 hour ago, royiv said:

Anyone know the reason why the new post COVID episodes are on Paramount+ instead of HBO Max? Kind of annoying.

ViacomCBS owns Paramount+.  It was part of the $900m/6 year deal Trey and Matt signed to put some content exclusively on the streaming service. 

Viacom licensed the streaming rights for the series to Hulu, and then WarnerMedia for HBO Max.  But those rights did not include what would become the Paramount+ content (14 "movies") that was announced 2 years after the WarnerMedia deal. 

Edited by Js1

1 hour ago, royiv said:

Anyone know the reason why the new post COVID episodes are on Paramount+ instead of HBO Max? Kind of annoying.

28 minutes ago, Js1 said:

ViacomCBS owns Paramount+.  It was part of the $900m/6 year deal Trey and Matt signed to put some content exclusively on the streaming service. 

Viacom licensed the streaming rights for the series to Hulu, and then WarnerMedia for HBO Max.  But those rights did not include what would become the Paramount+ content (14 "movies") that was announced 2 years after the WarnerMedia deal. 

Just say: ViacomCBS owns Comedy Central, and also owns Paramount+.

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Just say: ViacomCBS owns Comedy Central, and also owns Paramount+.

Yes but there's two deals - he asked why he can watch the show on HBOMax but not the new COVID-related specials. 

The streaming deal for the Comedy Central television show between ViacomCBS and WarnerMedia, which is why you can watch old episodes on HBOMax

And the deal between ViacomCBS and Matt/Trey for the new seasons (on CC) and 14 streaming-only "movies" and specials. 

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Yes but there's two deals - he asked why he can watch the show on HBOMax but not the new COVID-related specials. 

The streaming deal for the Comedy Central television show between ViacomCBS and WarnerMedia, which is why you can watch old episodes on HBOMax

And the deal between ViacomCBS and Matt/Trey for the new seasons (on CC) and 14 streaming-only "movies" and specials. 

Ahh, I stand corrected.

And now, let me rage about why the newest Rick and Morty isn't on HBOMax yet.

21 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Holy shit the Bladerunner stuff.  

Yes I'm a sucker for all the Bladerunner stuff. 

I thought it was fine. Kind of dumb. Had some good moments. They seemed to tread fairly lightly in both "episodes" and not attempt to really single out any aspect and satirize it to death - which unfortunately is what makes the best SP episodes imo. I guess the hardest they laid into anything was the NFT craze but that isn't really covid related. 

Just now, Drew said:

And for once...Cartman got "got" and not what we expected for him to come around and get Kyle again.

This.  I kept expecting the Jewish Cartman to say "psyche" or "HAHAH I GOT KYLE", but no, it was legit that Cartman had his shit together.

And then fitting that his son acted just like you'd expect a toddler Cartman to act, and fucked everything up by flipping the switch.

And then we see homeless Cartman ranting about the others, and they are acting like there was no other outcome for Cartman.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, I wasn't real happy with the Cartman storyline. They should have kept him true to his character both before and after the time travel. He should have been fucking with Kyle the whole time. It also didn't need two extremes. He could just be a miserable lower middle class asshole, which is his most likely future based on his character. We're supposed to hate Cartman in a way that is hilarious. His story line had no real punchline and you feel bad for him. That's never been how his character has worked.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/14/2021 at 4:25 PM, Js1 said:

So will there be a new season eventually too, plus more "events" (i.e. movies)?

Just now, 'stache said:

So will there be a new season eventually too, plus more "events" (i.e. movies)?

Yeah, the deal they signed was supposed to be through season 30.  The "events" are just "made for TV films of indeterminate length", which "Post COVID" and "Post COVID: COVID Returns" are the first 2, so there's 12 left in the next 6 years. 

7 hours ago, 'stache said:

Yeah, I wasn't real happy with the Cartman storyline. They should have kept him true to his character both before and after the time travel. He should have been fucking with Kyle the whole time. It also didn't need two extremes. He could just be a miserable lower middle class asshole, which is his most likely future based on his character. We're supposed to hate Cartman in a way that is hilarious. His story line had no real punchline and you feel bad for him. That's never been how his character has worked.

I loved it, actually.  The friends break up and he has this great life.  They stick together and he is a homeless asshole.  It's dark and it was unexpected.  And it essentially means that reformed, Jewish Cartman was right (as it pertains to Cartman's future).  He should have wasted kid Kyle.

• Hook 'Em 3

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, WBT said:

White puppy, black puppy!

Did this episode come out before Amazon's new LOTR's trailer?  Because it's funnier if it was a direct response to that.

This episode was written and produced before the LOTR trailer.  

This episode felt like it was about all of the people in Colorado bitching that people from other states were moving in, as well as people in the cities moving into the rural areas.

Liked that the people moving in were portrayed as pigeons and just shouting out simple wants, LOL.