Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

I've got a buddy who is a high-up in a big time Dallas firm. Alum, season ticket holder, kids go to Texas, pals around with some big money--the whole deal. Very connected. He says he has no idea what's going on.

I got a buddy who graduated UT architecture along with his now corporate attorney wife and they sent me a headline from the Dallas Morning News stating that Texas was interested in Urban Meyer.  Seems legit. 

5 hours ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Tom Herman Killed Rimbo's Mom.

he turned me into a newt

...i got better

5 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

IT has been saying there are other candidates from the start. 

Yes. Because we have a real AD now who is a professional, because Tom is definitely gone, and you don't put all your eggs in one basket.

5 hours ago, The Dog said:

John Harbaugh was never a coordinator (special teams corch) before taking the Ravens job.

Mike Tomin was a DC for exactly one year prior to taking the Steelers HC job at the ripe old age of 35. 

We all know about Stoops and Riley at OU.

If you know how to evaluate candidates properly then it doesn't matter whether a guy has been a HC or even a coordinator. The biggest problem at Texas is we don't do a proper search and evaluate candidates properly. But for that matter, most places get it wrong most of the time regardless so it's not like Texas is unique in this regard. 

We haven't had a proper search for a head coach since we hired Mack Brown, and I'm not even sure about that. Thus the lack of faith in the process: We've never followed one.

This time around, there is no "hot name," just a near sure thing and an AD who's a professional who will find a very good #2 option. There are no guarantees that either will work out, but at least adults are in charge this time.

5 hours ago, Pimphand said:

After we goat fucked the Saban deal in 2013 I have the utleast confidence in our university will get this right. ever....

The factors there aren't happening here. If we goatfuck this, it will be for brand new reasons.

4 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Gary Kubiak come on down

Wouldn't mind. Every Broncos SB win involved him.

4 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

How many of you are doing actual work today? Lol. What’s for lunch? 

Not me. Carne adovada tacos.

4 hours ago, Caddox said:

People chill. It was clear Meyer wasnt going to sit down and make a decision until he had an offer in hand, which didnt happen until yesterday. We've been informally contacting people all over the country for months now. That happens at every program when they have a coach on the hot seat. 

☝️

4 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Nothing to panic about IMO. But the roller coaster shit is funny. Or fun. Coaching search is most fun I have had in a decade. Sugar Bowl is a distant second. 

Yes, but the panic is part of the fun. Second only to watching fisterman squirm.

3 hours ago, sidis said:

i am going to underwrite a team of sociologists and anthropologists to do a full blown study of this thread, the shaggy fall 2016 thread, the shaggy fall 2013 thread, and the hornfans/warzone/hookem threads of 1997.  there absolutely HAS to be some sort of fascinating evolutionary behavioral science outcome lurking in these that will be critical to the propagation and survival of the species in the long-term.

all the way from "i'm stunned, i'm pissed," through #flighttrackerszn or 2013/2016, on through to our willingness to completely sell our soul for a disgusting human being to finally turn this shitshow around after a decade wandering through the desert while rewarding him and enriching him beyond belief for his behavior (which to be clear, i have been totally on board with since the 2019 tcu game) and the emotional volatility with which hundreds of people can be affected by an anonymous poster that no one has any basis to believe is privy to any actual information (via buddy or directly) - all the way to the 9.95 grifters who know fuck all about anything (along with having the intelligence of a fucking box of rocks) try to "carefully" craft a narrative that threads the needle of caveating and covering their own asses and credibility while trying to scoop shit that know nothing about...you simply cannot find a greater apex for human social science observation.

either way, there simply are no other obvious coaching options out there, folks.  there are apparently three people in the world who know how to coach college football (and are willing to do so - removing someone like carroll) based on the last fifteen years of results, saban, dabo, and urban.  everything else is pure luck or a coalescence of timing/lighting in a bottle (e.g. lsu 2019).  this is likely because football coaches are self-segregating neanderthals who are too fucking stupid to breathe sometimes.  unfortunately, if we miss on meyer, more of the same.  the next guy simply hasn't revealed himself yet as much as we would like for them to have.

i can't remember why i quoted your post

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The health stuff reads noisy negotiating nonsense, logically, at this point. The Pantoni and Marrotti issues are real. There's also the reality that redlining an agreement is more detail-oriented and time intensive than agreeing to key points and terms. It's banal, but just getting that stuff locked in with the lawyers could take a few days. You don't fire Herman until the pen is ready for the paper, or after the KSU game, whichever comes first. 

I remain in the "Urban Meyer or fuck all of it" crowd. I won't even conjure the notion of the terrible other shit I've heard thrown out. I will say that no one appears to think that Shanahan has any interest whatsoever, so folks should remove him from the theoretical alternative pool. I doubt many were excited at USC when Pete Carroll was hired. My buddies and I fucking laughed about it. So, anything can happen, but nothing sounds right or good right now besides Urban Meyer. If Texas doesn't land him, I may go actually pull an old hornfans moniker out of the mothballs and start posting under a new handle. 

One "productive" thing one of you assholes could be doing is reading the OSU boards and linking or c&p'ing anything over that implies new fear or chest-beating from mods or insiders when it comes to their staff and UM. I guess being able to discern who knows what and tone-now vs. tone-normal would take a history of lurking or posting on their sites, so maybe that ideas useless too.

Nonsense. We should engage in trolling, insane speculation, and mindless prattle. What do you take us for, exactly? I'd say "you must be new here" but...

3 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

no, it's rpongett...any old posters remember that fella?

Loved that guy. Fun poster. miss him

2 hours ago, UTEX_ME said:

sddefault.jpg

our luck

Gee, thanks, Rincewind.

1 hour ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

I wish someone could've seen Herman failing miserably this yr.  It's so shocking. Normally firing your coords and hiring new ones always works. 

...I quoted this intending to chide you, but now I see the sarcasm.

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

That's not Bourbon

Not technically.

1 hour ago, derpyhorndog said:

Yes, the "blocked" plane I was tracking yesterday (that went Austin --> LA --> Austin) is now set to touch down in Columbus, OH at 3:00 p.m. local time. 

Edit: Touch down is at 3:00 p.m. tomorrow. Plane is still in Austin.

Doing solid work, sir. Keep up the good work!

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

"I dont want people moving here. I just want the city itself even more exposed and lauded for being the motherfucking badass place that it is, but not in a way that would make anyone want to move here." 

Classic Spider2yBanana. Must have been the only guy in HS who heard about how awesome pussy was but then had no desire to do any fucking of his own. 

"Nobody wants to live there any more; it's too crowded."

18 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Because Jack Daniels didn't want it to be.  There's no technical reason for it not to be but it isn't.  It is also trash.  Gentlemen Jack isn't bad but still isn't good.

The technical reason is that bourbon needs 51% corn and JD #7 uses slightly less.

JD single barrel is good stuff though. fight me

16 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Other way around.  Bourbon requires 51% corn.  All Bourbon is Whiskey but not all Whiskey is Bourbon

☝️ educatin'

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Eggo said:

There's nothing in the bourbon regulations that prevents charcoal filtering. 

That’s the thing though. Bourbon isn’t nearly as restricted as scotch. You can be more versatile with labeling bourbon, while scotch has to follow the same distilling/filtration process for it to be labeled scotch. 

Technically JD isn’t Bourbon, because of their charcoal filtering. Same with Dickel. 

Here’s some clarity. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_whiskey

• Fuck You 5

2 minutes ago, jinx said:

image.png.e3458f7f872bcd6b023ddf8afff321ea.png

So.... CDC/AD reps fly to LA to meet with Meyer after his show on Saturday. Talks continue until they get a working agreement and Meyer has to fly back on Monday. Reps fly back Monday night. Same plane then goes to Pitt (Meyers lawyer/agent? ) and to Columbus to pick up Meyer and then a quick stop to pick up his son in Cinci so he can be there for the announcement?

change1.jpg

Just now, victory88 said:

picking up family for the press conference.  any of his family living in Pittsburg?

They're going to collectively back UM as a unit in Austin to shut down this Urban Meyer to Texas rumor once and for all.   Then Urban's attorney will meet with the BMDs and hammer out a no way Jose contract.  

6 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

he turned me into a newt

...i got better

Yes. Because we have a real AD now who is a professional, because Tom is definitely gone, and you don't put all your eggs in one basket.

We haven't had a proper search for a head coach since we hired Mack Brown, and I'm not even sure about that. Thus the lack of faith in the process: We've never followed one.

This time around, there is no "hot name," just a near sure thing and an AD who's a professional who will find a very good #2 option. There are no guarantees that either will work out, but at least adults are in charge this time.

The factors there aren't happening here. If we goatfuck this, it will be for brand new reasons.

Wouldn't mind. Every Broncos SB win involved him.

Not me. Carne adovada tacos.

☝️

Yes, but the panic is part of the fun. Second only to watching fisterman squirm.

i can't remember why i quoted your post

Nonsense. We should engage in trolling, insane speculation, and mindless prattle. What do you take us for, exactly? I'd say "you must be new here" but...

Loved that guy. Fun poster. miss him

Gee, thanks, Rincewind.

...I quoted this intending to chide you, but now I see the sarcasm.

Not technically.

Doing solid work, sir. Keep up the good work!

"Nobody wants to live there any more; it's too crowded."

The technical reason is that bourbon needs 51% corn and JD #7 uses slightly less.

JD single barrel is good stuff though. fight me

☝️ educatin'

this is the single longest multiquote i have seen on this site (or anywhere else)

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Caddox said:

People chill. It was clear Meyer wasnt going to sit down and make a decision until he had an offer in hand, which didnt happen until yesterday. We've been informally contacting people all over the country for months now. That happens at every program when they have a coach on the hot seat. 

EXCEPT when The University looks for a head baseball coach.... then ALL the quality candidates across the whole fucking country get huge-ass raises to stay put, and Perrin had to probably BEG the #NotOurStandard David Pierce to come to Texas, and the first thing he does is pull in the fences at The Disch -- The most EPIC FAIL of a college baseball head coaching search I've ever even heard of. 

Getting the best college baseball coach is the next issue on the docket for CDC after getting UMPayMe/Meyerland to The Forty Acres.

• Hook 'Em 1

I will say, I did some digging into the Squid/RapGame/BevoBlvd accounts and I think they at least have some pretty strong Texas and sporting connections. They've been adamant about UM for quite awhile and did call the Ewers commitment, decommitment, and tOSU commitment.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic