Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

29 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Cliff notes of what’s transpired in the last 60 min and or 350+posts?

A poster deduced from curtains that Urban Mexico is hiding at the Horseshoe Bay Resort.  But if soemthing stupid happens there to tank the deal...

hqdefault.jpg

Dr_Pepper_Commercial_Girl.jpg

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Also, at Florida and later Ohio State, Urban Meyer took over fairly talented teams.  That's not the case with Texas now.

Incorrect.

7 minutes ago, slim9797 said:

Bastrop is the asshole of Texas. Born and raised there, couldn’t get outta town quick enough.

The belly button, maybe. The asshole is about 75 miles to the NE.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, markstanco said:
6 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:
So they’re negotiating with Meyer and haven’t fired Herman yet?  Is this Petrino/Auburn part II?

So you think fire hermon and then find a coach. Great plan.

Thats what most teams do... Put some lifelong position coach as interim while you figure things out

37 minutes ago, HornyPony69 said:

I get my results from the Texas bar exam this week, and I’ve spent 99% of my time refreshing this page instead of that one. 

I’d hire you in a second.  You're first case will be the prosecution of Futureman’s fist for the atrocity it’s about to unleash on his ass.  We’ll start you off with an easy one.  Open and shut case so to speak.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

You guys are forgetting that this offseason is about to be like no other in the history of college football. Unfettered transfers will be an easy way to build out a roster to fix the glaring holes.

QB - Not really a problem with Thompson, Card, Jackson.

RB - Not really a problem especially if Urban closes one of the 2 2021 kids.

WR - Transfer city, but getting Omeire, Dixon healthy would help as would being able to get Moore/Smith/Whittington on the field together.

TE - Convince the Arizona kid to stay, he and Wiley should be a good starting point. Maybe need to bring in another guy.

OL - Transfer city

DL - Not really a problem, probably the most talented position at Texas

LB - Maybe could use a replacement for Overshown who is likely going to declare. Otherwise there are options

DB - I think Jamison, Green, and Thompson are coming back. Add to that the 2020 class.

K - Dicker, but need his replacement

P - Have another Aussie in the pipeline.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, slim9797 said:

Bastrop is the asshole of Texas. Born and raised there, couldn’t get outta town quick enough.

Ha. Dude, Bastrop might not be paradise, but it’s nowhere close to the asshole of Texas. Get a fucking grip. 

11 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

You believe that after we hire a generational talent at head coach, all of our good players will hit the portal and no talented recruits or transfers will look our way?

Ok.

Aqua Buddha has clearly been tipping back on grandpa’s cough medicine tonight. 

There is talent on the roster, first. Second, the transfer portal, and rules right now with it, mean that anyone predicting a long haul doesn’t understand shit about the fluidity of rosters right now. For all we know, there is an influx if Meyer comes here. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Thats what most teams do... Put some lifelong position coach as interim while you figure things out
Like who, bowling Green or western Kentucky? F that. Hire urban, fire tom 5 minutes later.

Having some position coach with no head coach is dumb. After 2 turndown you start looking at g5 coaches. Like Tom.

2 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Bullshit, we have talent, it has just been criminally under coached and under developed. We stood toe to toe with LSU, USC, Notre Dame, Georgia, etc over the last 5 years during the worst stretch in our history.

I want to neg for channeling your inner Luicci, but I'm in such a damn good mood.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Ha. Dude, Bastrop might not be paradise, but it’s nowhere close to the asshole of Texas. Get a fucking grip. 

Aqua Buddha has clearly been tipping back on grandpa’s cough medicine tonight. 

There is talent on the roster, first. Second, the transfer portal, and rules right now with it, mean that anyone predicting a long haul doesn’t understand shit about the fluidity of rosters right now. For all we know, there is an influx if Meyer comes here. 

That’s exactly what somebody from the asshole of Texas would say. It atleast used to be pretty country, after the fire it isn’t even that. 

13 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Every Texas kid on tOSU roster in the last ~5 years besides, Garrett Wilson, would likely have played in Austin.

Far more interested in if UM can flip Brock's boys back in the fold.

Urban would have landed Wilson; Texas did a shitty job there 

Okudah? Probably not 

2 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Like who, bowling Green or western Kentucky? F that. Hire urban, fire tom 5 minutes later.

Having some position coach with no head coach is dumb. After 2 turndown you start looking at g5 coaches. Like Tom.

Ohio State. The Texans. most teams. If you have a trainwreck headcoach its best to get him out ASAP

10 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

RG, my guy, you gotta break it to IT that you took the Horseshoe find from Surly. Those squares are jerking each other off left and right about how IT broke the case.

I did, prob got lost in the shuffle

296D4988-9386-4DE6-9DE1-16B51A68AC56.png

Edited by RGBIII
  • Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic