Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

7 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

FCB lol fuck this guy

When folks have been asking us about what’s going on with Tom Herman’s job security, I’ve said just let things play out.

That’s because nothing is going to happen before Texas’ Alamo Bowl matchup with Colorado on Dec. 29. After the college football bowl season has concluded, there will be a meeting of the minds involving athletic director Chris Del Conte, UT president Jay Hartzell and regents chairman Kevin Eltife about a final evaluation of the football program’s direction.

It’s at that point either things will get bonkers in terms of a search for a new coach or there will be silence, meaning Herman simply continues as coach in 2021.

Del Conte put out a vague statement supporting Herman right before signing day. When Horns247 asked Del Conte if the statement meant Herman was returning in 2021, Del Conte said, “Yes.”

But Eltife and Hartzell, who strongly supported gauging the interest of three-time national championship coach Urban Meyer beginning back in October, have made it clear since then they want to finish exploring their options before standing pat, sources told Horns247.

Earlier this month, UT’s flirtation with Meyer fizzled when Meyer told UT officials he wasn’t likely to return to college football coaching in 2021 due to health concerns and a changed landscape (i.e. the NCAA transfer portal and the likelihood of a one-time transfer rule).

Sources told Horns247 Meyer has expressed at least a passing interest in the possibility of coaching in the NFL, where there is more of an off-season and no transfer portal.

There has been no indication at this point Meyer would re-consider his stance on being a college head coach if nothing materializes for him in the NFL, sources told Horns247.

We’ve reported Texas spent time researching several coaches while also having conversations with Meyer, including Alabama offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian, Iowa State coach Matt Campbell, Penn State coach James Franklin and Oregon coach Mario Cristobal.

53COMMENTS

A high-ranking university source told Horns247 nothing will happen until the end of the college bowl season, when any coaches Texas might have an interest in would be more willing to talk.

There has been some buzz about Sarkisian and Texas, but the high-ranking university source said Sarkisian isn’t in any kind of pole position at this point.

Buckle up … and Merry Christmas!!

Fuck chip brown

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

FCB lol fuck this guy

When folks have been asking us about what’s going on with Tom Herman’s job security, I’ve said just let things play out.

That’s because nothing is going to happen before Texas’ Alamo Bowl matchup with Colorado on Dec. 29. After the college football bowl season has concluded, there will be a meeting of the minds involving athletic director Chris Del Conte, UT president Jay Hartzell and regents chairman Kevin Eltife about a final evaluation of the football program’s direction.

It’s at that point either things will get bonkers in terms of a search for a new coach or there will be silence, meaning Herman simply continues as coach in 2021.

Del Conte put out a vague statement supporting Herman right before signing day. When Horns247 asked Del Conte if the statement meant Herman was returning in 2021, Del Conte said, “Yes.”

But Eltife and Hartzell, who strongly supported gauging the interest of three-time national championship coach Urban Meyer beginning back in October, have made it clear since then they want to finish exploring their options before standing pat, sources told Horns247.

Earlier this month, UT’s flirtation with Meyer fizzled when Meyer told UT officials he wasn’t likely to return to college football coaching in 2021 due to health concerns and a changed landscape (i.e. the NCAA transfer portal and the likelihood of a one-time transfer rule).

Sources told Horns247 Meyer has expressed at least a passing interest in the possibility of coaching in the NFL, where there is more of an off-season and no transfer portal.

There has been no indication at this point Meyer would re-consider his stance on being a college head coach if nothing materializes for him in the NFL, sources told Horns247.

We’ve reported Texas spent time researching several coaches while also having conversations with Meyer, including Alabama offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian, Iowa State coach Matt Campbell, Penn State coach James Franklin and Oregon coach Mario Cristobal.

53COMMENTS

A high-ranking university source told Horns247 nothing will happen until the end of the college bowl season, when any coaches Texas might have an interest in would be more willing to talk.

There has been some buzz about Sarkisian and Texas, but the high-ranking university source said Sarkisian isn’t in any kind of pole position at this point.

Yes. I'm sure the NFL is a vacation compared to CFB.

8 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

FCB lol fuck this guy

53COMMENTS

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Blackcat00 said:

Heart Lee was on that team. I was being a little sarcastic with Yates but would be a great game. 

As great as the football team was then I got more enjoyment outta the basketball team.  We've probably crossed paths at the Benchmark or Elvira's at some point.

FCB lol fuck this guy
53COMMENTS

I swear this guy just reads surly then drafts his posts.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NoctambulantBrobdingnagian said:

little known fact is that @South Austin was born the runt of seven in a litter of pups arising from seven sires each with a different sexually transmitted disease

narrator: no, this wasn't even close to being over the line

57 minutes ago, South Austin said:

The fuck, man?

sorry son

2 hours ago, Caddox said:

I haven’t heard anything different and am still holding to the same timeline. A guy I wouldn’t expect to know much claims UM shut down the process with us yesterday and then this morning a guy on obloods posted the same thing. I’ve already had two texts from friends asking what happened, so I’m expecting a lot of negative energy today. 

If UM really does tell us to kick rocks I will know shortly. We already dropped the money hammer on him but I’m sure he knows he can squeeze us for more. 

i am only reading 2-3 pages a day so did miss your IRL vouch?

12 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Is the OB poster JShorn?  He's been around forever.  I'd be inclined to think he ain't making shit up.

Yea. Right when I saw his post I figured there would be doom and gloom about. He could easily be trolling though. He loves to fuck with the 9.95ers. 

3 minutes ago, Pope Joan said:

My personal take is this: I have a BIL who is a BMD of 30 years or so with TCU. That's mostly academic, Texas is his sports love. He was at both the Tech game and the TCU game, and after the latter he and some other TCU guys were schmoozing with UT BMDs, and it came up that enough was more than enough, and they were going for Urban, and that nothing Urban demanded would be denied. Following 0U, he heard the pursuit of Urban was headed into full blast mode. Sounded like some were ready to go write Urban a check on the spot and come home and fire #MensaTom immediately. I think that probably matches several others' information, as well.

Since then, I have looked at the slogging process as having been essentially successful, and with Urban calling all the shots, including timing. 

I was - and am - okay with Urban not being worried about "early" signing recruits, as the current NCAA climate appears to allow post LOI transfers of HS players coming in and any-class transfers playing immediately. Urban doesn't come across as arrogant, just self-assured, and I think he's probably 100% correct that he could take over in January and have more players wanting to join him than we have schollies for.

Is he still on the way here? I won't believe he's not until it's actually and officially announced by Urban and/or Chris. Doesn't mean it's not scary, but I don't see it as being outside the process going back to the early season, when we all saw that #MensaTom was still micro-managing, making horrible in-game decisions, and being his own special kind of half-drunk (explains a lot) dipshit.

Bottom line: Ain't givin' up yet.

happy nicki minaj GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Pope Joan said:

My personal take is this: I have a BIL who is a BMD of 30 years or so with TCU. That's mostly academic, Texas is his sports love. He was at both the Tech game and the TCU game, and after the latter he and some other TCU guys were schmoozing with UT BMDs, and it came up that enough was more than enough, and they were going for Urban, and that nothing Urban demanded would be denied. Following 0U, he heard the pursuit of Urban was headed into full blast mode. Sounded like some were ready to go write Urban a check on the spot and come home and fire #MensaTom immediately. I think that probably matches several others' information, as well.

Since then, I have looked at the slogging process as having been essentially successful, and with Urban calling all the shots, including timing. 

I was - and am - okay with Urban not being worried about "early" signing recruits, as the current NCAA climate appears to allow post LOI transfers of HS players coming in and any-class transfers playing immediately. Urban doesn't come across as arrogant, just self-assured, and I think he's probably 100% correct that he could take over in January and have more players wanting to join him than we have schollies for.

Is he still on the way here? I won't believe he's not until it's actually and officially announced by Urban and/or Chris. Doesn't mean it's not scary, but I don't see it as being outside the process going back to the early season, when we all saw that #MensaTom was still micro-managing, making horrible in-game decisions, and being his own special kind of half-drunk (explains a lot) dipshit.

hi joan, please understand, that without a real-life vouch from someone who is already known on this board, your testimony reads to us like a penthouse-forum letter, or sec-fan-visits-pyle wishcasting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pope Joan said:

preach john stamos GIF by Fuller House

29 minutes ago, Pope Joan said:

ain’t no female pope, bitch.  go make me a sandwich. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

3 hours ago, Blackcat00 said:

Heart Lee was on that team. I was being a little sarcastic with Yates but would be a great game. 

csb Hart Lee Dykes lives down the street from me.  He has a huge black poodle that he keeps off the leash with no fucks given. Looks like a damn horse.  Every single day he hums a tennis ball for him over and over while out on a walk.  He can sling that things waaaaaay out.  His kids do the lawn and keep it in outstanding condition. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

——————

‘‘Twas the night before Christmas when all thru the thirsty 40, not a whiff of credible news, what happened to that gal port o potty?

The BDE was really hung by the firepit with flare. Surlies guzzling whisky/whiskey waiting for Urban to show up there. 

The 9.95’ers were restless spewing their usual nonsense and dread while visions of desperate subscribers twerked in their heads.

Nightcrew rocking the hope while the Daycrew rocking the clap, Eltife’s already gathered the millions by passing the hat.

When out in the football world there arose such a clatter, FUPM tripped on his squatty potty and emptied his bladder.

away to the bay window nicole44 flew like a flash and (...paywall lol) the internet did crash

Those 9.95’ers with their sources who know those in the know. Reading their shit is like dipping a McRibb in a bowl of Mayo.

When what on FLIGHTAWARE should appear but Urban our new HC riding a flying Longhorn steer. 
———————

Fuck it! Merry early Christmas surly! It’s happening. Miracles do happen! Urban or Bust!

I have had more fun on this board in the past odd month or so than most of the entire year! Y’all are awesome. Thanks for not crowd sourcing me and letting me be me and post here! 

(My UT graduation day)

B974E6FC-4B9D-4171-9612-779D6FE89E6F.jpeg

awesome tommy boy GIF

• Haha 3